News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu
B

MLB 2K11 News and Info

Started by BDSooner72, January 06, 2011 @ 01:06:38 PM

Ted

Great diary, but I wish they would quit with rewriting some history.  They said that in previous iterations fielders would not bobble balls, recover, and make the throw, but this definitely was in 2k9 because I always dug when it happened.

Jason

The demo is due out this Tuesday (March 1st).

Jason

I downloaded the demo and played a quick 3-inning game before work. Here are my quick thoughts:

• Pitching is harder this year and that's a good thing.
  • I don't hate the batting camera but I also didn't hit any balls to the outfield.
  • I like the fielding camera and fielding definitely felt less automatic. The speed of the throws has been toned down too. Last year, every infield throw was a rocket.
  • I did notice some stuttering after the ball was put in play. I hope this is fixed in the final version because it was a little distracting.
  • There are no sliders, difficulty levels or camera options available in the demo.
I'm anxious to play it some more tonight.

Ted

I like the demo.  I wish you could change the batting and pitching cameras in the demo.  My first contact with a pitch was a towering pop up foul of third base.  I also hit a towering foul ball behind the catcher.  I also hit one off the wall in the power alley.  I wish they let you use bad pitchers to see what they are promoting about control being harder with lesser players.  The slower pace of the game is welcomed back.

Jason

I'm not loving the battering camera or perspective when the ball is hit into play. I'm also seeing big-time stuttering on pop-ups. I'm throwing 2K10 back in to see how it compares.

Ted

I didn't notice any stuttering on my pop ups.  I have mixed feelings on the ball in play batting camera angle.  My only real problem with it is it is hard to tell on fly balls that are getting run down if they will fall.  I could have scored a man from first on a double, but didn't send him until I saw the ball drop behind the outfielders so he could only make third.  There isn't a spot on the ground to indicate fall and you can't see the ball in flight so no way to tell if it is a long drive or going to be run down.

Jason

Here's the strange thing, I played another game and had almost no stuttering at all.

I agree about the ball in play batting camera. I don't think there's an option to disable it though.

Jason

Ted

Jason

Quote from: Ted on March 04, 2011 @ 06:05:39 PM
Quote from: Jason on March 04, 2011 @ 01:30:30 PM
Release day patch announced for MLB 2K11.

Page doesn't exist?

Works for me. Maybe you have to be subscribed to Ronnie on Twitter. Here's all it says:

There will be a day one patch for #MLB2K11 (as like most our games) with some minor tweaks, already have notes... will post launch day.

Jason

The demo has grown on me. I've gotten used to the throwing meter and love turning double plays. I'm looking forward to the full game so that I can adjust cameras and sliders. I'm also not hating the batting camera...again.

Ted

Quote from: Jason on March 04, 2011 @ 06:22:37 PM
Quote from: Ted on March 04, 2011 @ 06:05:39 PM
Quote from: Jason on March 04, 2011 @ 01:30:30 PM
Release day patch announced for MLB 2K11.

Page doesn't exist?

Works for me. Maybe you have to be subscribed to Ronnie on Twitter. Here's all it says:

There will be a day one patch for #MLB2K11 (as like most our games) with some minor tweaks, already have notes... will post launch day.

Weird.  When I click on it the # sign in the address goes away.  I add it back in manually and I can see the twitter.  Maybe a firefox thing?

Jason

Anyone else picking up MLB tomorrow? I'm back to being excited about the game again and I'm very tempted to take off from work tomorrow.

Ted

I'll be waiting for the release on Steam.