News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu
B

MLB 2K11 News and Info

Started by BDSooner72, January 06, 2011 @ 01:06:38 PM

BDSooner72

Quote from: Jason on March 09, 2011 @ 10:18:30 PM
I find myself wanting to play it throughout the day and unfortunately I can't.

Well I hate to see you daydreaming during the day so here is a pretty long video to keep you preoccupied.

Rangers Beat Yankees win ALCS on to World Series!

Jason

I see someone's feeling better ;)

webdanzer

Finally managed to play both big baseball titles this year (Show, 2k11) and have fairly favorable impressions of both.  Show is probably more to my liking out of the box, but I've had lots of fun with tweaked 2k games in the past, and it looks like I'll be able to find a nice spot with this one, too.

Both games fail the 'too easy to through strikes on the hardest settings' test, though.  Hardly unexpected.  Hopefully I'll be able to see a game pass this before I die.

Ted

I'm enjoying 2k11 and think it has improved everywhere so far.

Hey Web do you ever let the catcher call the game in 2k11?  If you just throw where he call it you will get walks he calls for pitches outside the zone.  I know that is a little unrealistic, but I just say to myself that he was calling it on the corner and I missed the corner and that gets me by.  Also each catcher has a "call game" rating."  It's buried in the edit player screen so some are better than others at calling games.  I don't think it has anything to do with calling strikes and balls.  I think it has more to do with knowing hitter tendencies and hot/cold spots.

Jason

I'm really enjoying 2k11 and agree with Ted on letting the catcher call the game - he got me to start doing that with 2k9 and I've never looked back.

Jason

They really need to prune the outfield walls at Wrigley Field  ;)

m4651875.flv

Jason

Does anyone know what the green "plus" next to Soriano means?

webdanzer

I think that means he's tired. (Red plus is injured)

I do have the catcher call the game, but that doesn't seem to help me too much as far as walks are concerned.

I started my season and CC injured his arm in the second inning of game 1!  n::v

Looks like he'll only miss a start or two, though.  (Says he's out for 9+ games)

Ivan Nova came in for four strong innings, and my bullpen got the win.

Jason

Quote from: webdanzer on March 17, 2011 @ 10:30:48 AM
I think that means he's tired. (Red plus is injured)

This was a "Play Now" game, so I'm not sure what he could have been tired from.

Jason

Got this from the OS forums:

webdanzer

That's weird.  I don't recall seeing that icon on 'my' Soriano.  I'll double check tonight, though.

Jason

I didn't think the dynamic ratings applied to "Play Now" games.

Ted

I hope they do make an AI patch.  The previously mentioned by pastapadre problems of not pinch hitting for the pitcher at appropriate times is a constant problem, but now I'm seeing CPU baserunners running station to station and that was definitely not a problem in 2k10.  I have seen deep singles not score runners from second twice now and I know those runners were not slow guys.  I also saw a double off the wall not score the man on first when he was already standing on third when I gloved the ball.  I couldn't believe it.

webdanzer

I just lost (as in lost the stats, couldn't continue) a full (@*^%#$( game because of the leaping home run glitch today. 

If you hadn't heard of it yet, sometimes(?) when a fielder jumps to rob a homerun, it counts as both a HR and an out.  Well, I hadn't seen it before, but it happened to me on the very last play on the game, 3rd out in the bottom of the ninth.  Game started freaking out, not knowing what to do.  The end of the game music started playing, but the homerun celebration was showing on the scoreboard.  Dugouts were showing half end of game stuff, and half home run celebrations.  Guys were warping through one another and everything.  It just kept doing this over and over, and I couldn't do anything to exit except quit, which cost me a fully played game.  >:(

Oh, and Jason, my Soriano doesn't show the chronic injury.

Ted