News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu
B

MLB 2K11 News and Info

Started by BDSooner72, January 06, 2011 @ 01:06:38 PM

BDSooner72

Should have mine in from Amazon tomorrow.  I love the new hitting camera as the ball is hit.  Will stick stick with the buttons when pitching though.

Jason

Just got my ship confirmation from Amazon - I can't wait to get home from work tomorrow.

BDSooner72

Ah the joy of not having to get out in the rain and possible snow mix tomorrow.  Hopefully that will not prevent UPS from delivering it.  I am moderately excited about this one. My real anticipation is Top Spin 4 and TW 12 arriving at the door.

Jason

My copy is now sitting at home and it's only 11:45 in the morning. This whole working thing really sucks!!!

BDSooner72

Well I have no clue where and when mine is coming.  It shows it left the facility yesterday but has yet to change to "out for delivery."

BDSooner72

Well Amazon attached a tracking label to something but have no idea what it was. So they are sending out another package out next day delivery so I should have it tomorrow.  On the bright side they gave me an extra $20 promotional discount for the mistake.

Jason

Quote from: brent on March 08, 2011 @ 07:06:30 PM
Well Amazon attached a tracking label to something but have no idea what it was. So they are sending out another package out next day delivery so I should have it tomorrow.  On the bright side they gave me an extra $20 promotional discount for the mistake.

I'll bet you wind up with two copies of the game.

Jason

I changed my mind about Full-Spectrum Punch Control after playing the retail version of Fight Night: Champion and the same may be happening for the baserunning camera in MLB 2k11. The more I play the game, the more I like the camera. It really does give you the feeling of being in a real stadium.

I've enjoyed my handful of games so far with only a few minor negatives:

• There is some lag/stuttering on certain hits. Nothing game-breaking, but noticeable from time to time (I have the game installed on my hard drive).
  • I've heard other people mention this can't believe I'm going to join the choir, but the player shadows are very jaggy. It hurts a pretty decent looking game.
  • My CPU baserunners do some baffling things at times. For instance, there's a man first and I'll hit a ball into the gap in center field. I'll immediately push down on the right-stick to send the runner from first home, but the batter will stay at first base, even if he could've made it to second easily. I'm curious to see if other people are seeing the same thing.
Some things they've improved from 2K10:

• You can change the CPU's lineup and starting pitcher before a "Play Now" game. This has been missing since 2K8.
  • Fielding is improved and not as automatic.
  • Hit variety is greatly improved.
  • Errors, popups and foul outs are back in the game.
  • The commentary is simply the best in ANY sports game ever made.
  • You can use the "2K9" or "2K10" fielding cameras or adjust the "2K11" fielding camera.

Ted

Regarding the shadows:  That might be the price to pay for the improved player graphics.  In the PC version on previous versions you can adjust all the graphic settings unlike the console.  The one that always hits my frame rate the hardest is the shadows.  I can max everything, but have to leave those a notch or two down.

Brad Company

Quote from: Jason on March 08, 2011 @ 10:29:45 PM
I changed my mind about Full-Spectrum Punch Control after playing the retail version of Fight Night: Champion and the same may be happening for the baserunning camera in MLB 2k11. The more I play the game, the more I like the camera. It really does give you the feeling of being in a real stadium.

I've enjoyed my handful of games so far with only a few minor negatives:

• There is some lag/stuttering on certain hits. Nothing game-breaking, but noticeable from time to time (I have the game installed on my hard drive).
  • I've heard other people mention this can't believe I'm going to join the choir, but the player shadows are very jaggy. It hurts a pretty decent looking game.
  • My CPU baserunners do some baffling things at times. For instance, there's a man first and I'll hit a ball into the gap in center field. I'll immediately push down on the right-stick to send the runner from first home, but the batter will stay at first base, even if he could've made it to second easily. I'm curious to see if other people are seeing the same thing.
Some things they've improved from 2K10:

• You can change the CPU's lineup and starting pitcher before a "Play Now" game. This has been missing since 2K8.
  • Fielding is improved and not as automatic.
  • Hit variety is greatly improved.
  • Errors, popups and foul outs are back in the game.
  • The commentary is simply the best in ANY sports game ever made.
  • You can use the "2K9" or "2K10" fielding cameras or adjust the "2K11" fielding camera.

I can't believe some of that stuff was ever "out".
I'm reading a lot of stuff about "suction catching" and a HR glitch.See any of that stuff?

Jason

There is some suction catching, especially on ground balls, but it doesn't happen all the time. They partially fixed the HR glitch, but I have not seen it personally because all of the homeruns hit in my games went way past the outfield wall.

BDSooner72

I find it odd that a day after release there is not a single review of this game. Even the beloved MLB The Show only has a couple so far.

Jason

Doesn't matter to me -  I already have the game and like it. I don't need someone else to form an opinion for me anymore.

Another positive:

Camera changes are SAVED!!! Also, setting both the baserunning camera zoom and height to 10 makes it look even better.

BDSooner72

Well this is the first time I have ever started the game with a 400+ ft HR with my leadoff batter.  Then my cleanup hitter yanked one out even farther.  I will either need to play with the Pirates (was using the Rangers) or bump up a difficulty level from pro.  The jaggies are really annoying on the players shadows, even in the cut scenes they are there.  One annoyance I had was a player stole a base and it went into this matrix style slowdown as the runner slid into second base.  I do really enjoy that camera view when you hit the ball. Not really into the default camera on defense.  Will need to lower it a bit. 

Oh and I did end up with two copies of the game.  Will wait and see if Amazon says something, if not I will gladly send the other copy to someone (all I ask is you pay the shipping).

Jason

You can turn off the slow-motion crap in the Presentation settings.