News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Started by Jason, July 19, 2017 @ 12:57:11 PM

Jason

I'm in, but nothing interesting in this update. What a disappointment for a major version number.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Brad Company

Was going to post same thing. Probably done with any sort of major additions.

Jason

Apparently I wasn't the only one downgraded to 4.74 with today's update.

Jason

Posted by Sony today:

Important information for Beta Trial testers PlayStation 4 system software update 4.74 has been released. When trying to start certain games, you may be prompted to update the system to 4.74 from the 5.00 Beta.

Updating from 5.00 Beta to 4.74 will result in the following restrictions:

• You will not be able to revert back from 4.74 to the current 5.00 Beta. (You will be able to update to the upcoming 5.00 Beta 6.)
  • The order in which content is displayed on the home screen will be reset.
  • Download links on the home screen (such as for SHAREfactory or Media Player) that you deleted will be displayed again.
  • Some items in [Notifications] will be deleted.
  • Some items in [Discover] that you have already seen will be displayed again.
  • Activities that were created and some settings you configured while using the 5.00 Beta will be stored on the PlayStation Network server. You may see notifications related to these activities and settings even after updating to 4.74.
  • Games that were downloaded while using the 5.00 Beta may not start properly after updating to 4.74. If this happens, delete the game, and then download it again
Please refrain from updating to 4.74 and wait for the upcoming 5.00 Beta 6 update if you would like to avoid these limitations.

Jason

Unfortunately, I didn't have the option to pass on 4.74. My PS4 upgraded (downgraded?) to it automatically.

Jason

Had the option to update to version 5 beta 6 this morning. Updating now...

Brad Company

Have to think it's coincidental, but I come home today, see the PS4 has installed 5.0, and my external HDD is spinning loudly, and the storage symbol is flashing on screen.
I was using a portable Seagate, non-self-powered. I guess it is fried, logically I don't think 5.0 caused this, but wow.

Jason

Sorry to hear that. I'm not a fan of Seagate anymore. Hopefully all your game saves were in the cloud.

Brad Company

Update; I unplugged the drive , let it sit a while , rebooted the console, and after a bit of sitting there, the thing came back on line.
I'm still a bit spooked with it, and I may opt for a WD drive that uses AC power in the near future.

Jason

I try to stick with Western Digital drives myself, but they'll go through phases with batches of bad drives too.

Have you downloaded SeaTools and tested your drive?

Jason

I registered...fingers crossed.

Jason

I'm in again and got my code for the fancy beta tester avatar.

Jason

I received the upgrade notification today and am now running 5.50 Beta 2.