News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

My Next Dilemma...F1 2016

Started by Jason, August 21, 2016 @ 11:20:44 AM

Jason

Just like Madden, I really liked last year's F1 game (2015) but keep hearing about how good the new version of F1 is and don't know if I should upgrade right away. Once again I have Amazon's Prime discount ($47.99) staring me right in the face. Is it worth waiting 3 months to only save $8 and get it on sale for $39.99? The answer I keep coming up with is "no".

Ted

;D  You're like me. I go on these binges too. 

Jason

With my possible purchases of PES 17 and NASCAR Heat Evolution, F1 2016 will probably have to wait until the holidays before I purchase it.

GB_Simo

Have you bit the bullet yet, mate, or are you still waiting? I've been playing F1 2016 since the community beta programme in June and adore it, though it's worth bearing in mind that it leans a little further towards realism than F1 2015 did.
Writing about racing cars, again: petrolheadblogger.wordpress.com

Jason

Hey Adam.

No, I haven't bought it yet. At this point I'm just going to wait for a price drop to $40, which shouldn't be too far away.

Ted

Well well well.  Look who the cat dragged in!

Jason

There's now a demo available for F1 2016: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/f1-2016/cid=UP4001-CUSA04517_00-F12016TRIAL00000

I was wondering how the gameplay compared to F1 2015, so now I'll get to see first hand.

GB_Simo

Interested to hear your thoughts, mate. Everything you'll see represents a logical progression from 2015 and you'll find some instant familiarity with it, but scratch that surface a bit and the work they've done, especially on the handling model, will start to show itself.

Quote from: Ted on October 26, 2016 @ 08:57:27 PM
Well well well.  Look who the cat dragged in!

Ha, I pop in every so often and make sure everyone's behaving.

I haven't been well for a while and it's taken longer than it could have done to figure out that my thyroid gland is in need of assistance. My focus and concentration aren't what they were and my short term memory is shot to bits at present, so I either don't remember to pay DGN a visit or else I do but can't hold a thought long enough to write anything sensible. I was erroneously prescribed Zoloft for a year too, prior to my doctor digging into the thyroid issue, which I'm sure hasn't helped matters. Things are fairing up now, so I might even get to make this a twice yearly event in future.

I'm not even sure if I've told you about Daisy, my daughter. She's 9 months old, which gives you some idea of how criminally off the pace I can be, as well as how young I used to be...

Ted

Wow!

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter  : ^-^

Hope your health improves soon.

Don't be a stranger!

If you do come around again anytime soon have you seen the PC release of Motorsport Manager.  Quite addicting and fun!

Jason

Congrats on the birth of your daughter and I'm glad to hear you're getting your health under control. Your daughter is getting close to the "mobile age", which will keep you busy for the next 5 or 6 years.

Jason

Jason

Quote from: Jason on November 22, 2016 @ 08:49:20 PM
F1 2016 currently on sale for $38.99 on PSN: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/f1-2016/cid=UP4001-CUSA04517_00-F12016AMASTER000

Got it for $35 with this 10% discount code: D9NGJ7NF3L

GB_Simo

Quote from: Ted on November 15, 2016 @ 10:00:33 PM
Wow!

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter  : ^-^

Hope your health improves soon.

Don't be a stranger!

If you do come around again anytime soon have you seen the PC release of Motorsport Manager.  Quite addicting and fun!

4 months between my responses this time around. Progress, I suppose...

Yeah, I played the mobile version heavily while I was on sick leave a couple of years ago and enjoyed it, though it was naturally pretty limited in scope, options and details. I haven't had time to really dig into the PC version yet but the few races I've played have been really good fun. I particularly enjoyed voting on a rule change for next year's calendar, which swapped a track I'd never seen before for one my lead driver had just scored a podium finish at. Haven't played it since the update they released to improve driver behaviour under blue flags, which I think was a few weeks ago now, but eager to dig in further.

Haven't played F1 2016 for a while either, come to that. As a beta tester, I'd logged more hours with that game before it was released than I ever put into 2015, which I think might have burned me out on it a bit. Great game, though.