News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

PS4 4.00 Beta

Started by Jason, August 19, 2016 @ 08:37:35 AM

Jason

I was accepted into the PS4 4.00 Beta this week but haven't had a chance to really check it out since I just got home from vacation yesterday. The one thing I know they did add is folders, which has been requested for a while now and something I wanted myself. Looking forward to checking out some of the new features this weekend.

Brad Company

Folders is a godsend. Home screen is so nice and tidy now. Improved Quick Menu is good, too.

Jason

I've got my entire crossbar cleaned up with folders and was finally able to move all the Sony items I don't use into folder off the main bar. I've always kept all my games displayed on the crossbar, as opposed to limiting it to 10 games, so things are much more organized for me now.

Agreed about the Quick Menu. The changes to how the system looks may be subtle, but it's easier to navigate and looks more modern. Now we just need external hard drive support and I'll be happy.

Brad Company

Jason

Received another update for the 4.00 beta yesterday. I'm assuming just bug fixes. My son is so jealous of my folders :)

Jason

Looks like the official release is tomorrow and includes HDR support.

! No longer available

Jason

Jason

Anyone get selected for the beta? I haven't heard anything yet so I'm assuming I didn't make the cut this time.

Brad Company

Has it started? I've been picked for every one, but haven't heard anything this time.
Sony is too paranoid about privacy to give us external HDD support. Totally ridiculous.

Jason

I'm not sure if it started. I don't remember how long it took for the beta to start once signups began last time, but I figured I would have heard something by now if I was in.

Brad Company

Jason

Nothing here. Guess they're not interested in us lowly, non-Plus users.

Brad Company