News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Gamefly

Started by Ted, December 29, 2014 @ 12:06:35 PM

Ted

Anyone still using Gamefly or are there other game rental services you guys recommend?

Brad Company

I had it for a while earlier this year, and had it for a long time back in Xbox/PS2 days.
Good way to try before you buy. You need to have new releases at the top of your queue at time of release, otherwise you will be waiting forever for recent titles.
I dropped them over new title availability, but for catalog titles they're still pretty good.

Jason

Gamefly is less attractive to me now that Xbox Live and PS Plus offer free games with their services. I've also had delivery issues with Gamefly in the past and would consider a game rental service if someone like Amazon offered it.

Ted

Thanks guys.  I have some birthday and christmas money gifts saved in my pocket.  I'm on vacation in CA right now and will be driving back through Oregon going home.  Was thinking about picking up a PS4 in Oregon (no sales tax) and carting it home. 

Jason

That's a nice savings...I miss the tax-free days at Amazon.

Jason

Ted, you still thinking about buying the PS4? It looks like I'm going to buy mine next month. I just need to take care of some financial issues in January first. I'm kinda pissed I missed all the good bundle deals during the holidays. Hopefully they'll still be offering a free game with it when I'm ready to buy. I'm leaning towards NBA 2K15 but Destiny is one of the free games being offered too.

Ted

I am still thinking about it.   I'll be in Oregon later today, but the Best Buy sale at 350 is over.  I'm looking on my tablet for any sales, but not finding any.  I don't know if I will pull the trigger;  I'm really on the fence.

I'm thinking about waiting for the first good looking sale that comes up next.