News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu
B

MLB 15: The Show

Started by BDSooner72, December 08, 2014 @ 09:05:00 AM

BDSooner72

Jason

Only 2-and-a-half more weeks!!!

Jason

Nice deal. I was hoping they offered release-day delivery.

BDSooner72

So are the four of us getting this game?  Dare I suggest we have a little DGN League?

Jason

I'm in as long as it plays okay online and you guys don't mind being flexible with the scheduling....and don't mind listening to screaming kids in the background during my games.

Ted

Oh I haven't decided when I'm getting it yet.  I probably will wait for price drops a little further in.  With my connection I'm not sure I'd be good for league play.

BDSooner72

This is a dick move by Sony. One year?  EA must be frothing at mouth at the thought of one year online and gone.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/20/sony-disabling-online-features-for-mlb-14-the-show

Jason

Just another reason to be glad that I'm not a big online gamer.

Brad Company

Yeah, but you lose access to the vault for rosters and players. I'm never getting rid of '14 until '15 has as many great historic sets.
Of course, '15 is a very incremental upgrade anyway;http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/story/2015-03-20/examining-the-most-anticipated-features-for-mlb-15-the-show
If those are the 5 biggest improvements, wow.

Jason

Just uploaded some gameplay to YouTube. I wanted to trim the video because the only exciting part is the diving play Stephen Drew made at second base along with throwing out the runner at first (around 14:25). I was never able to do that in previous versions.

MLBÃ,® 15 The Showâ„¢_20150401154736

BDSooner72

Did the White Sox make a comeback and win the game?  Cause that would be sweet.

Ted

Thanks for posting that.  It was enjoyable to watch while I ate my dinner.

BDSooner72

Just started my franchise and my Pirates swept the Reds, so we are off to a 3-0 start. Two fairly low scoring extra inning games and one that was a 15-13 slug-fest.  Really digging the game once I went into the options and got everything set just right. Once I switched back to the laser looking red/blue pitch break mechanic and turned the rumble off, pitching became much much more enjoyable.  They used to have an option for the pitch break (beginning of break or where it will end up). I prefer to locate my pitch where it ends up. For the life of me I could not use the classic break (little yellow arrows) and the rumble was driving me nuts trying figure out where the heck to start my pitch. Did not help that I switched to metered pitching, which I have not used in forever and was throwing the ball all over the place. Getting the hang of the meter and call me crazy but I really prefer pitching out with runners on. Far easier to control a pitch from the stretch.  ;D