News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu
B

MLB 15: The Show

Started by BDSooner72, December 08, 2014 @ 09:05:00 AM

BDSooner72

From Gamestop

A few more tidbits from Gamestop page.

The 10th edition of the franchise, MLB 15 The Show is a more immersive and exciting baseball experience than ever before with substantial improvements to both gameplay and graphics. New features include:

Licensed Equipment - For the first time ever, partnerships from various brands will bring accurate bats, gloves, cleats, and batting gloves to the game.
Year-to-Year Saves - Users who purchased MLB 14 The Show will be able to continue their Franchise and Road to the Show progress in MLB 15 The Show. Saves between the two releases will be forward-compatible, meaning you never have to worry about starting your Franchise or Road to the Show seasons over!
Universal Rewards - Simply playing the game earns Stubs that can be spent on licensed equipment, Road to The Show improvements, and virtual baseball cards.
Legends - We're introducing 30 Iconic MLB Alumni into our virtual player card pool, 1 representative for each team. These players span every historic baseball era of the last 70 years. Like all of our Universal Rewards, you have a chance of finding a historic virtual player card to add to your collection and utilize throughout MLB 15 The Show.
Major Graphical Improvements - Visually, the introduction of real time seasonal sun and shadows, revamped night lighting, and enhanced player personality help make MLB 15 The Show the most authentic baseball experience yet. (PS4 Only)

And that's just the beginning. A new Radio Show, Directional hitting, improved load times, and a completely overhauled Diamond Dynasty mode help MLB 15 The Show prove that Baseball Is Better.

MLB 15 The Show Trailer | PS4, PS3, PS Vita

Jason

Quote from: BDSooner72 on December 08, 2014 @ 09:05:00 AM

And that's just the beginning. A new Radio Show, Directional hitting, improved load times, and a completely overhauled Diamond Dynasty mode help MLB 15 The Show prove that Baseball Is Better.

Hasn't it always had directional hitting?

BDSooner72

Yeah, I have no clue what they are saying. My only guess is the ability to move your batter around in the box and open/close your stance?  We shall soon find out.

Jason

I think there's a catch-22 with the Vita version being only $20. Of course I'm happy they're selling it for half of what is usually sells for, but I think Sony is doing that because they know it's going to be nothing more than a roster update.

BDSooner72

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/29/mlb-15-the-show-new-details-worldwide-gameplay-reveal-feb-5th/#sf7171553

Take a look at some of the features we’re particularly proud of below. Be sure to head over to The Show Nation to see the full feature list.
Year-to-Year Saves

(PS4, PS3, PS Vita)

Users who purchased MLB 14 The Show will be able to continue their Franchise and Road to the Show progress in MLB 15 The Show with the Year-to-Year Saves feature. Saves between the two versions will be forward-compatible, meaning you don’t have to worry about starting your Franchise or Road to The Show seasons over!
Gameplay Improvements

(PS4 & PS3 Only)

Advanced AI logic results in outfielders taking more realistic routes to the ball
    Upgraded motion system allows for dynamic speed matching from run to catch to throw
    User controlled cut offs
    All new slide and tag system
    New speed paradigm for fielders and base runners
    Enhanced ball physics for pop ups, fly balls, and shots into the gap
    Dynamic pitch breaks: allows for more realistic pitch recognition when batting
    Simplified Analog swing controls
    Dynamic Difficulty 2.0
    New situational base covering intelligence allows for new animations to play when a player has time or is in a hurry to get to his base
    More than 70 new situational third out fielding animations
    New Input Type option for hitting
        We’ve separated swing input as a separate option

Licensed Equipment

(PS4 & PS3 Only)

For the first time ever MLB The Show will include licensed equipment from some of the most recognizable brands in baseball. Earn as you play to enhance your RTTS or Diamond Dynasty players and partner with iconic brands by bringing sponsorships to your Franchise team!

(Equipment on PS3 version is not seen during gameplay.)
Graphical Improvements

(PS4 Only)

Real-time seasonal sun and shadows
    Player Skin tone realism. More variations of skin tones with gloss and specular improvements
    Revamped night lighting
    More accurate and photorealistic rendering system
    PS4 gets 10 more Minor League stadiums

Franchise Mode Refresh

(PS4, PS3, PS Vita)

With the addition of General Manager Contracts, you now have to consider Ownership Expectations when running your team, and your performance will determine the job offers that come your way. Building a championship-caliber team is more fun and dynamic than ever before, with the new Performance-based Player Progression, as well as much improved Trade and Contract logic. Partner up with Brand Sponsors, giving your broadcast elements an official sponsor and earn some extra dough to spend on your team.
Directional Hitting Interface

(PS4, PS3, PS Vita)

Featured for the first time in MLB 15 The Show is the new Directional Hitting interface, which allows you to influence the direction of your hits in real-time while you swing. Using the L-Stick, you can attempt to influence fly balls, ground balls, pushed hits, pulled hits, or any of those in combination.
Universal Rewards

(PS4 & PS3 Only)

Virtual Baseball cards to be collected and easily assembled into a competitive Diamond Dynasty team
    Licensed Bats, Gloves, Batting Gloves, and Cleats that enhance your Road to the Show or Diamond Dynasty players’ abilities
    Brand Sponsorships for your Franchise team that spice up your in-game interface and earn your team some extra income
    Collect entire teams to unlock MLB legendary alumni players from each MLB team

MLB 15 The Show
Legends

(PS4, PS3, PS Vita)

We partnered with the MLB Player’s Alumni Association to make a total of 30 Legends playable in MLB 15 The Show. Collect an entire MLB team, and you’ll unlock an iconic alumni player from that team. There’s one from each team, and though you’ll have to find or unlock the card to slot them into your Dynasty squad, you can simply opt in to utilizing the whole pool of Legends in your Franchise mode.
“Inside The Show” News Suite

(PS4, partial PS3)

Franchise, RTTS, and Season modes all feature a new suite of features centered on providing news updates from around the league. Inside The Show is a new radio broadcast that will be heard at the beginning of each new day and will discuss recent scores, notable performances, team news, milestones, records, standings, and more. In addition, the new League Updates panel, found in season based modes, gives the user a quick snapshot of updates from around the League so you don’t have to dig through multiple screens to get the basics.

As you can see, our goal this year was to build off the solid foundation of MLB 14 and expand on the game we love to make MLB 15 The Show the best baseball game ever made.
Worldwide Gameplay Reveal on Twitch

We’re also excited to announce the worldwide gameplay reveal of MLB 15 The Show on February 5th at 2:00PM pacific on Twitch. Tune in to the livestream via the San Diego Studio Twitch channel to get an exclusive look at MLB 15 and hear from our team on the features we’re most excited about for MLB 15. We can’t wait to show off what we’ve been working on and interact with our amazing fans!

MLB 15 The Show will be launching on March 31st for PS4, PS3 and PS Vita so stay tuned to our Facebook, Twitter, and Twitch pages for more info coming soon.

Jason

Nice. I think all of the small improvements will add up to a nice upgrade. I probably give the new analog-swing system a try when it comes out. Looking forward to some actual gameplay next week.

Brad Company

I'm classic controls all the way.

Jason

I never thought I'd be able to go back to buttons after moving to full analog controls with the MLB 2K series but apparently I was wrong. I have no problem enjoying The Show (Vita and PS4) using the button controls for fielding, pitching and batting.

BDSooner72

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/02/05/mlb-15-the-show-10th-anniversary-edition-revealed/#sf7288635

Exclusive MLB 15 The Show 10th Anniversary Wood Grain SteelBook and Exclusive Cover
    12k in Stubs ($9.99 value)
    15 Bonus Item packs ($15.00 value)
    All 30 MLB Team Dynamic Themes ($ 3.49 each retail)
    Official MLB 15 Dynamic Theme ($3.49 retail)

The physical 10th Anniversary Edition will be available to pre-order today at your preferred US retailer (not available in-store in Canada), including BestBuy, GameStop, Target, and Walmart. We’re also excited to announce that on 2/10, a digital version (all the same digital goodies) will be available to pre-order on PlayStation Store. Don’t forget that pre-ordering on PS Store means you’ll be able to pre-load the game onto your PS4 system two days before it launches so you’re ready to play just after midnight.
Pre-Order Skinit

By pre-ordering MLB 15 The Show digitally on PlayStation Store or at various retailers, you will receive a free voucher for a DualShock 4 Skin for the MLB team of your choice from Skinit. Additionally, if you pre-order at GameStop â€" or EB Games, for those of you in Canada â€" you will receive the Skinit skin and six additional Bonus Item Packs for use in game.

MLB 15 The Show
Canada Cover

For our friends to the North, we’re happy to announce that Canada has an exclusive version of MLB The Show with Russell Martin of the Toronto Blue Jays on the cover.
Worldwide Gameplay Reveal on Twitch

And don’t forget to check out the worldwide gameplay reveal of MLB 15 The Show TODAY at 2:00 PM Pacific! Tune in to the San Diego Studio Twitch channel this afternoon for a tour of some of the new features we’re proud to introduce to the franchise this year.

Jason

Looking forward to the gameplay reveal this afternoon.

BDSooner72

Here is the replay of the stream.

http://www.twitch.tv/sonysandiegostudio/b/620908682

The directional hitting thing makes sense. It is basically guess the location to influence where you want to hit it. Miss that are and your chances for a hit drop dramatically.

Jason

It's a subtle addition but I was most impressed with the reactions of the fielders even when they weren't immediately involved in the play. Check out the video at 27:45 to see what I'm talking about. The third baseman's reaction was so much more realistic than anything in any other baseball game.

BDSooner72

Early Preview of MLB 15 The Show

http://www.sportsgamersonline.com/early-preview-of-mlb-15-the-show-5212

Having played well over 50 games of Super Mega Baseball, I am getting excited for this game and baseball in general.  I have played more baseball over the past month or so than I have in years.

That sites logo sure did have a familiar look to it.  ;D

Jason

Not much posted in the article that's new, but I'm with you, I'm really excited about this game too. I probably look forward to baseball games more than any other sports video game.