News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Red Dead Redemption Article

Started by Ted, June 15, 2014 @ 12:10:23 PM

Ted

I remember Jason saying this was one of his favorite games at the time.

http://www.edge-online.com/features/time-extend-red-dead-redemption/

I never finished the game, but maybe I should find a cheap copy and play it through.  I really wish they would have ported it to PC.

Jason

Reasons like this are just one of many reasons this game is so great:

http://kotaku.com/5909711/a-red-dead-redemption-ghost-story-to-chill-your-bones

I can't wait for the sequel on the new consoles.

Ted, it's really worth picking up a copy and finishing it if you never did. The "Game of the Year" edition is only $20 at Amazon and includes all the DLC.

Brad Company

I'd be hyped for a HD re-do for PS4, not to mention the sequel.
Remarkably, they just patched the PS3 version to curb the hacking in multiplayer.
Rockstar really get it.

Jason

I'd be happy with an HD remake of the original too.

Brad Company

Had a blast today in free roam...rollin' dirty in a stagecoach with a posse. :P
Now I'm buying all the DLC. Again. :-[

Ted

Can I buy it digitally straight through the PS store?

Jason

Yes, but it's $29.99.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Ted

I'm thinking of grabbing the digital copy for $30 from the PS store for my PS3 so I always have it.  I never did finish it and with the announcement of 2 I think I'd like to work through it finally.

Also, probably going to grab the PS4 remastered version of Last of Us for the same reasons, although I have finished that one.

Jason

Good choice on RDR. I loved that game and plan on completing it again one day. I never did finish Red Dead Nightmare DLC, so I should do that first.

Last of Us is another game I'd love to play through again. If you never played the PS4 version, it's definitely another good choice.

Ted

I got digital download for both.  While I was browsing I noticed I could get NCAA 14 and G1 Gallop Racer digital too.  I may do that and get rid of my last two PS3 discs.

Jason

Are you all-digital on the PS4 so far?

Ted

I am now that I gave away my old madden title to an employee.  I strongly prefer digital only.  I borrow discs from that employee now and again, but for my own collection no discs.

Jason

It took me a while to warm up to digital downloads, but my collection is probably split 50/50 between digital and physical. I just traded in my Need for Speed disc this morning at Amazon for $11 and replaced it with the digital version for $15. My racing games are all digital now.

My biggest complaint with digital games is how long it takes for them to go on sale. I wish they did a better job competing with physical games, but I understand that Sony and Microsoft can't undersell their big box distributors.

Brad Company

I've been all-digital for a few years now.

Jason

I end up purchasing most, if not all, of my digital games during Sony's Flash sales. I could see myself going all digital at some point.