News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Jason

The competition in Forza Horizon 5 has really heated up in my house since my two sons, who were never into racing games, have gotten hooked on it. We've been upgrading and tuning our favorite cars so we can break each others records on a daily basis. I can't stress how much fun this game is.

There were also new updates for Gears 1, 2 and 3 on Series X/S, but I haven't found any details on what they do. My younger son and I are about halfway through Gears 3, so I'll see if I notice anything new.

Brad Company

I think next-gen upgrades are coming for a bunch of old first party stuff.

Jason

Microsoft announced today that they added FPS boost to the entire Gears of War franchise. I can't wait to finish Gears 3 now.

Brad Company

Got an invite to buy a PS5 tomorrow, starting at 2 p.m. I imagine they will be gone in seconds.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on November 15, 2021 @ 06:06:26 PM
Got an invite to buy a PS5 tomorrow, starting at 2 p.m. I imagine they will be gone in seconds.

Directly through PlayStation? I filled out that form so long ago that I just assumed the whole thing was over.

Good luck tomorrow!

Brad Company

Yeah, PS Direct. I guess the selection process will keep the numbers low and theservers from melting. Supposedly.

Ted

Jason

Black Friday sales are up on the PlayStation and Xbox digital stores. The Last of Us 2 has finally dropped to $20 which is my buying price.

Ted

Detroit Become Human was on sale on Steam so I've been working through that.  The graphics are amazing although during some cinematic scenes I've been getting tremendous framerate drops.

I like the story well enough and playing as 3 protagonists, but this is very much an adventure game and not much of an action game I think.  Still, if the story holds up to the end it will have been worth the $20.

Jason

That's a game I've been wanting to play too. I have it as a PS+ game, but haven't played it yet. It routinely drops to $10 on the PS Store too where I've considered buying it many times.

Brad Company

I think Plus and Now are on sale again, as well.

Ted

Finished Detroit. 13.3 hours play time. May revisit in the future to play down other branching story lines, but maybe not. I liked the story and the acting. The gameplay was dull except for some of the QTE melee fighting

Brad Company

I've had more fun playing CoD in the last two weeks than I've had in years. Vanguard is really well balanced and polished, so much so I also grabbed Cold War in the BF sale. That game is way better than the reputation around it. Immediately put a shit eating grin on my face, particularly the classic maps.
My mentality now is ignoring stats and just playing, does wonders for enjoyment.
I played Vanguard on PS4 pro and now on PS5, both versions are impressive, Cold War is a knockout with ray tracing. Instantaneous loading is a great QoL improvement.
3D audio support is well done in both, it is better than Sony's previous simulated surround  VSS.

Jason

We're on the final act of Gears 3 and will hopefully finish it tomorrow. It's been fun playing through the first 3 again, but I'm really looking forward to the next 3 since I've never played them.

My older son got an email from Microsoft with a link to buy an Xbox Series X directly from them but didn't see it until tonight. Of course I didn't get one of the emails. Most people that got them were able to get a Series X with no problem. You only had to buy an additional controller and a choice of one digital game.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Jason

Completed Gears 3 today. I was surprised  to see that Microsoft had the Halo Edition Series X available on their site today. I didn't get it, but it's supposed to be harder to get than the regular Series X.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk