News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Brad Company

I had seen where it was terrible. Going to give PvZ a try.

Jason

eFootball 2022 is now available to download for free from the PS Store.

Jason

Funny that you posted that. I had just tried it and thought it looked and played horribly so I jumped online to see if it was only me.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Brad Company

F2P trash. FIFA blows, but that looks so much worse.

Ted

Days Gone was on sale on steam for 40 and my son-in-law said it was one of his top 3 games so I went for it.  36.5 hours in.  I think I have a problem.

Jason

Quote from: Ted on October 04, 2021 @ 07:21:16 PM
Days Gone was on sale on steam for 40 and my son-in-law said it was one of his top 3 games so I went for it.  36.5 hours in.  I think I have a problem.
That's another game I own and want to play, but I've heard it looks and plays so much better on the PS5, so I've been holding off on it.

Brad Company

Life's short, play it. Frame rate boost be damned :D

Ted

I agree with Brad.  69 hours in.  Hordes are a little grindy, but still liking the story and want to keep going.

Ted

Finished main story of Days Gone in about 73 hours.  Still clearing infestations occasionally and cruising around wrapping up some side stories and clearing camps.  I added it to my personal Hall of Fame and might play through again on higher or highest difficulty.  Also trying to 100% the achievements, but that's unlikely.

For now I've moved on to Star Ruler 2 which is an interesting 4X,  and a fantastic lo-fi wrestling game called Wrestling Empire (also on Switch, iOS, and Android).  Such a funny game.  Total chaos and a pretty solid career mode.  Clunky controls hold it back from being a recommendation to anyone other than wrestling fans.  It's an MDickie game.  If you know that name you know what it means.

Jason

73 hours...that's impressive. I didn't realize the game was so long.

Ted

Well I didn’t hurry.  It’s probably 60 hours long.  Maybe half that if you’re young with good reflexes and power through.

I watched all cut scenes and there’s a lot.  I didn’t die much on normal except for two notable times having trouble getting through a couple of story hordes (think boss levels).  I’m sure if I clear the map I’ll go over 100 hours.

It’s a great game.  The main character is a white knight dickhead with PTSD, and I liked so many supporting chars so much more, but I didn’t hate him. Just rolled my eyes a lot.  The voice acting is top notch.  The story is predictable and decent.

I highly recommend you move it up in the que and play it with what you got. The last cut scene outside the main story definitely set up a sequel. 

Jason

I may have to. I had bought it in October 2 years ago with the intention of playing during the Halloween season. I guess better late than never.

Jason

I've been hooked on Forza 7 and wish I had bought the Ultimate Edition before it was delisted. It's hard to believe this game was released on the Xbox One. I don't know how well it ran that system, but it looks beautiful and runs flawlessly on the Series S. I guess I should be happy that I at least bought the standard version while it was still available.

Jason

Just finished up Gears 2 co-op with my son. I had remembered more than I thought. For some reason I thought a lot of what happened in 2 was in Gears 3. Now we just need to bear Gears 3 and 4 before playing a current-gen version of the game (Gears 5).