News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

BDSooner72

Today is a big day for news.

Dying Light 2 and Far Cry 6 footage and details coming.

and Sony.  m::d

https://www.ign.com/articles/borderlands-3-crossplay-playstation-rejected

QuoteGood news or bad news first? Good News: An update for Borderlands 3 has been prepared for release that includes full crossplay support across all platforms. Bad News: For certification, we have been required by the publisher to remove crossplay support for PlayStation consoles.

Sony and what it is doing with crossplay is just a slap to the customer face. Crossplay extends the life of games for everyone. In a pandemic when funds are tight, this is how they care for their customer.

BDSooner72

Brad Company

Quote from: Jason on May 26, 2021 @ 12:51:01 PM
Quote from: Brad Company on May 26, 2021 @ 12:44:29 PM
PS Plus for June has Virtua Fighter 5 and SW Squadrons.
I've been waiting for the remaster of VF5 since it was first leaked last year. I was pleasantly surprised to find out it's coming out June 1st, and then that is part of PS Plus. Looking forward to trying Squadrons too.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Plus and Now subs are 25% off.

Jason

Perfect timing. My subscription runs out this month.

Brad Company

The next God of War and Gran Turismo will have PS4 versions.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on June 02, 2021 @ 04:05:06 PM
The next God of War and Gran Turismo will have PS4 versions.
Good call by Sony seeing as the PS5 won't be readily available anytime soon. I wonder if PS4 users will get a free upgrade to the PS5 versions.

Jason

Microsoft Flight Simulator confirmed for Xbox Series S/X and included with Game Pass.

Jason

I finally finished Tomb Raider Anniversary on the Xbox 360. I don't think I've ever played a game that was so much fun and frustrating at the same time. I've now restarted Rise of the Tomb Raider for the 4th time (the first time was on the Xbox 360 in 2015).

I was mad at myself for passing up NHL 21 for $20 a few weeks ago, but I was able to buy the Deluxe Edition for $13 during the recent PSN sale. I have to remember to keep an eye on all versions of the sports games because Deluxe Editions and standard editions usually go on sale at different times.

Jason

Finished Rise of the Tomb Raider last night and started Shadow of the Tomb Raider this morning. The graphics in these games are amazing, even on a base PS4. I'm kind of surprised these games, especially SOTTR, aren't mentioned as some of the best looking for this generation.

I've also been enjoying NHL 21. EA is good at improving their controls for both Madden and NHL each year (except for 19). I've also done something I've never done before - I've lowered the gameplay slider to 0 (default is 3 out of 6) and it's really made a difference in how the game plays. It feels a lot less frantic and the animations have time to play out, which results in a smoother looking and playing game.

A few weeks ago I thought I was done playing games, but I should have realized it was just one of my annual gaming ruts.

Brad Company

I'm going into the backlog for the foreseeable future. Giving driving games a renewed focus and jumping into Borderlands 3, with a bit of Fallout 76.
Giving up on finding a PS5 anytime soon, I'll probably get an SSD for the Pro.

Jason

That's where I'm at now. Went on vacation and then got slammed by work when I returned, but I'm planning on finishing Shadow of the Tomb Raider this week and moving onto Uncharted Lost Legacy afterwards. I have no desire to buy a new console, even if they were available, and plan on putting a big dent in my backlog in the meantime.

Jason

I've been playing a ton of WWE Battlegrounds with my younger son and we're having a blast. It's so much fun playing as tag team partners and cheating our asses off to win matches. All the micro transactions suck, but there's enough in the base game to have fun.

Brad Company

Can you equip a folding chair for your character?

Jason

So glad I never bought Tennis World Tour 2 when it was one sale. I tried it out today since it's one of the PS Games for August and immediately deleted it. The controls, in what should be a fully patched game, were terrible.

I'll stick with AO Tennis 2, which was surprisingly made by the same developer as TWT 2 (Big Ant Studio).