News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Jason

Has anyone played Wreckfest? It's a PS Plus game this month, but only for the PS5. The PS4 version is currently on sale for $20 and reviews are all pretty good, so I've been thinking of picking it up.

BDSooner72

Yeah I played it on Gamepass. It's a mixture of demolition derby and demolition racing. It was pretty fun but the cameras always felt wonky for me and it's why I stopped playing it.

Jason

Quote from: BDSooner72 on May 11, 2021 @ 04:06:01 PM
Yeah I played it on Gamepass. It's a mixture of demolition derby and demolition racing. It was pretty fun but the cameras always felt wonky for me and it's why I stopped playing it.

Of course it's on Gamepass...

Ted

I love it.  It's the modern version of Flat Out Ultimate Carnage.  It's my go to for pure fun racing.  I play it on PC with gamepass.  Highest praise.

I didn't have any problem with the cameras.  Standard keep pressing a button to get from in the cab to zoomed out behind.  About 5 different levels of camera.

My favorite are the figure 8 demolition racing tracks.

The only thing that would make it better is VR.

Jason

Quote from: Ted on May 11, 2021 @ 10:32:50 PM
I love it.  It's the modern version of Flat Out Ultimate Carnage.  It's my go to for pure fun racing.  I play it on PC with gamepass.  Highest praise.

I didn't have any problem with the cameras.  Standard keep pressing a button to get from in the cab to zoomed out behind.  About 5 different levels of camera.

My favorite are the figure 8 demolition racing tracks.

The only thing that would make it better is VR.
Thanks!!! I'm sold. Looking forward to playing it.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

BDSooner72

Quote from: Jason on May 11, 2021 @ 05:38:17 PM
Of course it's on Gamepass...

I really thought Mass Effect Legendary Edition was going to be on gamepass, since the original versions of each are.  Never played the trilogy so I plopped down some money for it.

BDSooner72

https://www.ign.com/articles/2ks-nfl-arcade-game-delayed-past-march-2022

Take Two working far too hard on bringing GTAV to next gen systems this November. Plus Red Dead Online.

Jason

I had forgotten about their football game since I'm not expecting much from it, but it does suck that it got delayed. You'd think there would be pressure on them from the NFL to release on schedule. Agreed that Take Two is spending to much time on GTA V and RDR Online. Hard to believe that GTA V released on the Xbox 360/PS3.

BDSooner72

https://slate.com/culture/2021/05/mass-effect-legendary-edition-ps4-xbox-pc-femshep.html

QuoteI Insist You Play Mass Effect as a Woman
QuoteYou’ll regret completing this space trilogy series as a dude.
QuoteIf you’ve had an excellent female boss, or if (like me) you supported Elizabeth Warren’s candidacy for president, there’s something in there you may recognize. If you never have, then you more than anyone need to play this video game as female Shepard.

I always make female characters when the option is available and enter into lesbian relationships when option is possible. Probably for different reasons than the author but...  ;)

* I absolutely hate Mass Effect and deleted it 5 hours in due to a headache from a thousand walls of text and boring linear combat. My bad as I knew this going in.

BDSooner72

https://www.ign.com/articles/new-timesplitters-officially-announced-from-new-studio-founded-by-original-devs

Timesplitters returning with the original creators!!!  I love those games. Tons of content and bots in multiplayer modes for people who prefer single player. Plus you could tweak the difficulty of the bots and they even had special maneuvers.

Jason

New State of Play sale now live on PSN. I'll probably get MXGP 2020. Been waiting for a good sale on it.

Brad Company

PS Plus for June has Virtua Fighter 5 and SW Squadrons.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on May 26, 2021 @ 12:44:29 PM
PS Plus for June has Virtua Fighter 5 and SW Squadrons.
I've been waiting for the remaster of VF5 since it was first leaked last year. I was pleasantly surprised to find out it's coming out June 1st, and then that is part of PS Plus. Looking forward to trying Squadrons too.

BDSooner72

MS should just really stop putting out Games with Gold and stick to Gamepass. It gets more embarrassing each month.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/05/26/new-games-with-gold-for-june-2021/

Ted

Quote from: BDSooner72 on May 19, 2021 @ 09:46:46 PM
https://slate.com/culture/2021/05/mass-effect-legendary-edition-ps4-xbox-pc-femshep.html

QuoteI Insist You Play Mass Effect as a Woman
QuoteYou’ll regret completing this space trilogy series as a dude.
QuoteIf you’ve had an excellent female boss, or if (like me) you supported Elizabeth Warren’s candidacy for president, there’s something in there you may recognize. If you never have, then you more than anyone need to play this video game as female Shepard.

I always make female characters when the option is available and enter into lesbian relationships when option is possible. Probably for different reasons than the author but...  ;)

* I absolutely hate Mass Effect and deleted it 5 hours in due to a headache from a thousand walls of text and boring linear combat. My bad as I knew this going in.

I too never understood the praise this game got.  I tried 4 different times, but found it utterly boring.