News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

BDSooner72

Outriders has not had a good few days. From nerfing a bunch of things that most gamers did not need nerfed, simply because some twitch streams are able to destroy the highest level of a game they play all day.  Then after a patch increasing the probability of losing all your inventory which has been an issue since Beta.

Then there is this poor guy. The devs took the guys loot, his character and the wheels on the truck.

https://www.reddit.com/r/outriders/comments/mpgufp/not_only_did_they_take_my_gear_they_kidnapped_my/

QuoteYou got the full Detroit experience
;D

BDSooner72

I was sold before this because I never played the first three Mass Effects but this looks better than expected.

Jason

Anyone here play Cities: Skylines? It's a Sim-City clone that's available on the consoles. I'm thinking of getting it and the reviews are good, but I was wondering if any of you guys have played it.

Ted

I've played it a bit, but lost interest fast.  I was into sim city like 30 years ago.  I don't know if Skylines is good because my tastes have changed and I'm not into city builders anymore.  But I think the consensus is that it's solid for a city builder.

Jason

Thanks. Why I'm suddenly interested is because my kids found a simple Sim-City clone made in Dreams and they've all been hooked. I played a little Sim-City back in the day and thought a new version would be fun for everyone.

Ted

Days Gone coming to PC next month.  Sweet.

Brad Company

Quote from: Jason on April 15, 2021 @ 11:39:32 AM
Anyone here play Cities: Skylines? It's a Sim-City clone that's available on the consoles. I'm thinking of getting it and the reviews are good, but I was wondering if any of you guys have played it.

It was free on Plus a while back, never tried it, though.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on April 15, 2021 @ 04:49:56 PM

It was free on Plus a while back, never tried it, though.
Oh shit. I would have been nice to try it out for free.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

BDSooner72

I enjoyed it enough to buy a couple of the add-ons. Problem is with the older consoles you will see performance issues as the city grows. Especially when you zoom in. Also some of the fast forward features on PC were not available for the console way back when I played it. If I recall just a basic x2 speed was the only option. 

QuoteOh shit. I would have been nice to try it out for free.

It's on Gamepass for consoles and PC.  :P

Jason

I've been thinking about it and it's not even the backwards compatibility that has me locked into the PS5. I still have a PS2 and two Xbox 360s hooked up, so I don't have a problem keeping old consoles around. It's that most of my PS4 games will look and play better on the PS5 with increased resolutions and frame rates. There's a good possibility I'll get both consoles this gen anyway and I'd even get an Xbox Series X first if they're more readily available in the fall.

BDSooner72

I am going to get a PS5 at some point but well after the Xbox Series X, which is still a ways away due to demand and lack of "truly next gen" games for it.

BDSooner72

and in true form, I just purchased and Xbox Series S from the Microsoft store, along with the 1GB SSD hard drive. I do not own a 4K TV and have no desire to buy one. The Xbox also has smart delivery that will prevent me from having to download a bunch of 4K textures, keeping file size smaller. I have never come close to using my 1GB on my Xbox One X so having 1.35GB should be just fine. 1440p plus up to 120fps is my jam. I am a framerate over texture kinda guy.

Free expedited shipping and shows it will be here by the 20th or 21st.  8)

Jason

Quote from: BDSooner72 on April 16, 2021 @ 05:12:09 PM
and in true form, I just purchased and Xbox Series S from the Microsoft store, along with the 1GB SSD hard drive. I do not own a 4K TV and have no desire to buy one. The Xbox also has smart delivery that will prevent me from having to download a bunch of 4K textures, keeping file size smaller. I have never come close to using my 1GB on my Xbox One X so having 1.35GB should be just fine. 1440p plus up to 120fps is my jam. I am a framerate over texture kinda guy.

Free expedited shipping and shows it will be here by the 20th or 21st.  8)

Congrats!!!

Jason

Just a reminder that Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition will be completely free for all PS4 owners starting tomorrow.