News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Jason

Finished the story with Claire today and I'm glad I did. Not only was the story much different, with a lot of new locations, but the final boss was different too. Looking forward to starting part 3 now.

BDSooner72

Playing Aground. Surprisingly deep game. Mining/Crafting/RPG/Survival 2D game with looks so dated the beta has been available for years on flash gaming sites. Just released on consoles with no multiplayer but that is fine by me. Loving it because it ticks the right boxes.

Demo is free to try.

https://armorgames.com/aground-game/18245

Also playing Wreckfest which was just added to Gamepass. I don't really care for the racing aspect but the demolition derby is a blast.  Reminds me of my days with Destruction Derby on the PS One.

Jason

I started Resident Evil 3 tonight and can't believe I've never played these games before. Not only are they great looking, but the controls are better and the gameplay is smoother than other third-person games I've played, including Mafia and Red Dead Redemption. I'm so disappointed that the new one is going to be first-person only.

I'm thinking of picking up 5 and 6, even though they're not using the RE Engine, since they're currently on sale for $8 each. They're more like Gears of War, but I'd enjoy that style of game too.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

BDSooner72

Got in on the MLB The Show 21 Tech Test. You start of with an exhibition and the get plumped into Diamond Dynasty.  Not a mode I plan to play but I had fun creating a team and the uniforms/logos/etc. Really detailed with how much you can edit. Only 4 stadiums (Dodgers. Padres, Yankees, TB). Feels a lot like when I left off playing the game years ago but more refined. Going with zone batting and pitching meter. Love there are still so many options/cameras/presentation as I remembered it having. A certain football game should be embarrassed by it's paltry offerings in this area.

Going to try out online with a friend tonight.  Dl was only 17.9GB on the Xbox One X. Friend said it was 33GB for the Xbox Series X. Lot's of stuff not in the game like announcing, Time of day, weather. Only real gripe are the watermarks all over the screen as this is my first tech test. I understand it but it's really distracting.

Jason

Nice. What game modes are available? Can you play a full exhibition game? I'm still not used to the game being on Xbox. I wonder how the framerate is on the One X since it's much more powerful than the PS4 Pro. You may get a buttery-smooth 60fps without even needing a next-gen console.

BDSooner72

Exhibition with any team against the Dodgers, full game. Then it is Diamond Dynasty. Frame rate seemed fine to me but with all the watermarks it is really hard to tell. They really are annoying.

Jason

I'm jealous. I would have tried to get in if I knew you could play exhibition games. I remember being in a beta years ago and it was Diamond Dynasty only.

Jason

Finished Resident Evil 3 today and enjoyed it just as much as RE 2. The graphics were a little better and the puzzles were less annoying, but the story was not quite as good. I hope they remake the first one with their RE Engine. I ended buying 5 and 6 on sale for $8 each (skipped 4 because it looked like shit), but I'm not expecting them to be in the same league as 2 and 3 since they're older games on an older engine.

BDSooner72

Played 2 5 inning games with my friend in Vancouver. No lag whatsoever but it is a tech test with limited people. Still hopeful. A few minor issues where my friend could not see all the uniform logos he created for his team and in the first game my logos did not show up. Could have something to do with me being on the Xbox One X and him being on the Xbox Series X.  Smart move for them to give unlimited packs for free just to get you drooling over having two teams of 99 playing each other. While it had no affect on me it will obviously hook someone into spending money for the legendary cards. Especially when you are releasing it to a while new console.

Brad Company

Quote from: Jason on February 24, 2021 @ 08:24:51 PM
I'm jealous. I would have tried to get in if I knew you could play exhibition games. I remember being in a beta years ago and it was Diamond Dynasty only.

They sent out invites randomly, I got one and didn't sign up or anything.

BDSooner72

I have been obsessed with Greedfall the past few days. It has been on Gamepass for some time but I never really paid much attention to it. This is a game made by a lower budget AA game developer (SPIDERS) and while that shows in areas, it is also a technical marvel for such a small team. It's a 60+ hour RPG that is openish world. They use a travel system to take you to different areas as you progress and each area has it's own little world. The worlds are crafted to make use of the character skills. If you do not have any points in "insert x" you will not be able to climb a tall wall. etc. A different path must be found. Tons of these little checks within the world and also in the story bases on your attributes. A lot of people refer to the game as what Bioware used to make, "Dragon Age meets Witcher 3." There was a point where I forgot to do a certain side mission and you reach a point in the story where my failure to do so created a story twist so big that truly shocked me. Had to look up on the internet to see what the heck just happened and why.

If you are looking for a game where the character choices have true impact on the story, beautifully created world, very few technical issues and ultra fast load times and all the stuff I wrote above... This should be for you. The cons are there. It's got some Eurojank. Controls are off but can be helped by changing the camera settings. Lot's of invisible walls in the open world, which is why I can't ever say truly open world. Combat is descent but nothing spectacular. Reused assets, especially in the cities. All the palaces are copy/pasted with a few exceptions. A general lack of polish in certain aspects of the game. Things you can really overlook when you consider how small this development team is versus Bethesda, Bioware, etc.

As you know I am the least PC/SJW person on this message board but if you are going to have a game with black characters, you need to hire black voice characters. It's jarring to see a black character and hear the whitest sounding white person in the history of white people doing the voice acting for them. They get bonus Ice-T playa ball points for having a black "pimp" in a medieval fantasy game.

Jason

I can safely say that Resident Evil 5 and 6 absolutely suck. They don't look, play or have stories nearly good as 2 and 3. I hope Capcom decides to remake the first one with RE Engine.

BDSooner72

With so few games out I reinstalled Stardew Valley as it has added online co-op, a new island and a ton of new additions since I last played years ago. Once again I am hooked. Still hate the limited energy but I have bought more salads in the game than I have in real life. Cheapest energy boost and makes it easy to romance Leah.

Jason

I ended up getting Maneater while it's on sale. I watched my son play it for a little while and it looks pretty fun. I'm planning on knocking out some of the games in my backlog, starting with Rise of the Tomb Raider and Uncharted: Lost Legacy.

BDSooner72

https://www.ign.com/articles/xbox-adds-20-bethesda-games-to-game-pass-tomorrow

During a roundtable about the acquisition today, Xbox announced the 20 games coming to Game Pass, which include the following:

Dishonored
    Dishonored 2
    Doom
    Doom 2
    Doom 64
    Doom 3
    Doom Eternal
    Fallout New Vegas
    Fallout 4
    Fallout 76
    Prey
    Rage 2
    The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind
    The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion
    The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim
    The Elder Scrolls Online
    The Evil Within
    Wolfenstein: The New Order
    Wolfenstein The Old Blood
    Wolfenstein: Youngblood

Of these, all but Morrowind, Oblivion, TES Online, and Fallout: New Vegas will be available through Cloud play for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members.