News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Jason

I watched the video and think they were probably smart not to release it. Baseball isn't really a sport suited to over-the-top gameplay. Definitely an interesting story, especially how they found the CD-R of the game that was stored away for 2 decades.

In regards to The Show, it looks like it's coming out in April and will support cross-platform play. Hopefully the online play has been improved from the last time I played it online, which was probably The Show 16.

Jason

Just bought Fenyx Rising on sale for $35 on PSN.

BDSooner72

Jason

Quote from: BDSooner72 on February 03, 2021 @ 10:03:38 PM
Enjoy! I know I did.

I'll try to if my younger son ever stops playing it.

BDSooner72

They had a sale of Super Blood Hockey on XBL for $2.99. Watched the trailer and wow, this is my jam. They basically took NES Ice Hockey added one timers and a franchise mode. A deeper franchise mode than you would expect from what appears to be very small, if not one person dev team. Not only that it's actually pretty creative in how you pick from inmates to make your team. You have the fat guy (enforcer) medium guy (all-around) and slender guy (sniper). Then you have to watch their food intake daily (which affects daily cost to keep team), watch their stats and make sure they do not get brain damage. There are no offsides or penalties but there are random fights. You win the fight and you stay up a man the rest of the period and can also send opponents to their final resting place, as they can to you. You are broke at the start and have to offer up a kidney, shown in full detail, to get the 10,000 to start a team.  You also have to make rent and if you are losing, which my first go consisted of. I decided to do a restart and selected "declare bankrupcy."  Seems like the sensible thing.

This is what happens. NSFW or around small children.

Only gripe is it is really hard to tell which is your player in certain matchups. There are no white "Away" uniforms and certain colors like solid Black and Green are damn hard to tell apart. Even odder is the US is black and Canada is Green. Plus they have the always dangerous North Korean hockey team.

Jason

I ended up getting FIFA 21 while it's on sale for $20, mainly for the free next-gen upgrade. It's funny how I already have a bunch of PS5 games in my library, yet I don't even own the console...or will own it anytime soon.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

BDSooner72

Same here. Just preordered MLB The Show and got the $85 version so I could have current gen/next gen as I have not been in a rush to upgrade.

Jason

Add Crash Bandicoot 4 to the list of PS4 games I own with free PS5 upgrades.

The rest are:

• FIFA 21
  • For Honor
  • Immortals Fenyx Rising
  • Madden 21
  • Mile Morales
  • Mortal Kombat 11
  • Planet Coaster
  • The Witcher

Jason

I'm about 5 hours into Resident Evil 2 and had to resort to YouTube videos to figure out how to progress past certain parts. Thankfully I swallowed my pride because I never would have figure out some of the things I had to do. Still enjoying it a lot though.

BDSooner72

https://www.theverge.com/2021/2/17/22287001/microsoft-xbox-series-x-s-fps-boost-feature-games

Microsoft is launching a new FPS Boost feature for its latest Xbox Series X and Series S consoles that’s designed to make existing games run better. While Microsoft has previously focused on improving frame rates with backward compatibility for its latest Xbox consoles, FPS Boost is specifically designed to improve older games without developers having to put in any additional work.

Some games will nearly double frame rates, and Microsoft says it has seen a few instances where backward-compatible titles even quadruple in frame rates.

Jason

Being able to improve the framerate in older games without requiring developers to touch their code is really impressive. Sony's lucky to have their exclusive games because Microsoft is really bringing it from a technology standpoint this generation.

If the PS5 wasn't backwards compatible, I really think I'd go with an Xbox this generation. I'll probably buy an Xbox anyway when they drop in price.

BDSooner72

Welp... Codemasters is screwed. PapEA gonna need to dig a deeper grave.

https://twitter.com/EA/status/1362379919410495491

Jason

I beat Resident Evil 2 today using Leon. I'm thinking of playing through again with Claire to see how different the story is.

Jason

Quote from: Jason on February 18, 2021 @ 01:29:29 PM
I beat Resident Evil 2 today using Leon. I'm thinking of playing through again with Claire to see how different the story is.

Glad I tried playing as Claire. It's a completely different story. It's essentially two games in one.