News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

BDSooner72

Yeah once you land you call the horse and it will be available. It's an instant feature where you are already mounted when you call them.  You will also have a ton of different mounts to tame and add to your collection and choose from. Have three so far. 

Jason

Just saw that current-gen owners of Fenyx Rising are entitled to a free next-gen upgrade.

BDSooner72

That's nice of them. Just checked the stats and 75 hours, full health/stamina/weapons and all but one helmet upgrade. Still have the two smallest areas to uncover. Taking my sweet time since there is not a lot out there I am super interested in until Far Cry 6 and Back for Blood.

BDSooner72

Started a franchise in Madden 21 with Carolina. What we lack in run defense, we lack even more in pass defense. Gave up 400 yards to the Raiders and 550 to the Bucs. To be fair I am playing on Arcade mode which allows for more big plays and is the only way I can enjoy playing it.  Still came out with two wins thanks to Christian McCaffrey and his dominating running game. Bridgewater is doing well so far but I have been playing it safe early on with few deep balls.  To beat Brady was simple. Played in the rain, they had six turnovers.  :))  McCaffery had 189 yards by the end of the first half and got himself injured and out for 4 weeks. Lost three players in the game to the same f******* injury that game. All Torn Labrums. That is as Madden as you can get. I even had to look up "Torn Labrum" to see what my team is dying from.

Jason

To be fair, my first shoulder surgery in 2018 was for a torn labrum. Lol.

Jason

Control is going to be one of the PS Plus games for February, so I'll have chance to see how it looks and plays on my base PS4.

Also thinking about getting Resident Evil 2. I've never played any Resident Evil game, but I saw it in a video of best looking games this generation and it looked nice. I was surprised to see a playable demo, which I downloaded and really enjoyed. The gold version is currently on sale for $20.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

BDSooner72

90+ hours and I completed everything in Immortals Fenyx Rising.  My only gripe is the final (Northern Most) area you unlock. They went full BOTW copy and made a whole area as annoying as the fog in the Lost Woods. Just replace fog with frozen walls that saps all your stamina limiting the ability to move freely around an area. To get to the main objective on the map you are basically stuck inside a long somewhat disorienting puzzle that just leads you in a circle up the mountain. At the peak once you finish the mission you would almost expect this frozen wall to be broke. Nope, they left it there forcing you fast travel from the highest point to fly to all the other areas of the mar to open chests, do vaults, etc.

Still give it a 9/10. So much value packed into the game. Now the first DLC has dropped and it is just a ton of vaults, which is fine for me as I enjoy the puzzles and god powers required to complete certain vaults. Still would have preferred a new area/story line as there is a ton of Greek mythology untouched. Plus it is one of those DLC's that is a stand alone and anything you acquire doing it can't be brought back to you for the main game.

BDSooner72

Quote from: Jason on January 27, 2021 @ 09:33:58 PM
Control is going to be one of the PS Plus games for February, so I'll have chance to see how it looks and plays for my base PS4.

I did finish the story. Did not mess with a lot of side stuff but it is a solid shooter and the kinetic stuff is where the game gets fun. Story was fine but this game did get a little tiring toward the end. Was happy to be finished with it and have no desire to try the DLC's.

BDSooner72

Jason

Quote from: BDSooner72 on January 28, 2021 @ 11:25:06 PM
Immortals Fenyx rising demo available for PS4/PS5 and Xbox.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0001-PPSA01507_00-GAME000000000000
Thank you!!! Downloading now.

Jason

Watched my son play through the Fenyx demo this morning. Looks and plays great on the PS4.

I'm glad I held off on buying Resident Evil 2 because Sony just put a bundle of RE 2 and RE3 on sale for $30. I grabbed that last night too.

Jason

I would think SDS would confirm if the leaked image is legit. Hopefully we'll find out this week. If so, this would be a pretty big deal for Xbox owners.

The next big question would be if it supports cross platform play.

BDSooner72

Reddit on a tear as usual. All the below images were pulled of Gamestop's website before they realized they spoiled the reveal.

https://imgur.com/a/ejLCIZW

This was posted on Reddit just a n hour or so ago.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/l9flpu/another_potential_mlb_the_show_leak_jackie/

Jackie Robinson Special Edition for his foundation. Nice touch if true. Shows a mid April release if it is real.

BDSooner72

Today is baseball day it seems.

It appears Midway made an a MLB Arcade game long before MLB Slugfest that never got released.

https://gamehistory.org/powerupbaseball/

Really good read. Some gameplay video, all the power ups and if you are into emulation, there is a link to the ROM.