News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

BDSooner72

Yeah I think I saw a bit of that covered at OS. Since I am not in a rush to hit next gen, it's not really something I am worried about. Graphically, minus a few areas current gen Madden 21 is a good looking game. Just expected a bit more from next gen.

Jason

Madden dropped to $35 on the Playstation Store in early November, but I held out assuming it would drop to $20 after Black Friday. I guess it never did since since next-gen Madden was coming out in early December and they assumed they could keep the price high since people would buy it anyway for the free next-gen upgrade.

I doubt I'll own a next-gen console before Madden 22 is out, so I won't be able to take advantage of the free upgrade anyway.

Ted

My Reverb G2 has shipped so looking forward to that whenever it gets here.

Until then I'm on a bit of a Dwarf Fortress binge and have not been simming that much.

BDSooner72

Control is a really nice third person shooter. Not really into all the sci-fi stuff but fun so far. Unfortunately Cyberpunk has just unlocked so I might have to shelve it for a bit.

Jason

Quote from: BDSooner72 on December 09, 2020 @ 07:50:59 PM
Control is a really nice third person shooter. Not really into all the sci-fi stuff but fun so far.

It's currently on sale for $17.99. Would you recommend it at that price?

BDSooner72

Absolutely. Still playing it as CP 2077 does not unlock for a few more hours. 

ACG review will give you an idea of the gameplay.  Just started using telekinesis and it is a blast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYpFWk69pXc

Jason

I think I'm in. Just curious, what made you get the game now? Was it on sale for Xbox too?

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

BDSooner72

Was always interested in it but was waiting for a sale.  Microsoft then decided to add it to Gamepass last week.

Jason

I spent about two hours watching videos on it last night. The performance on the base PS4 was terrible when it was released. The third patch supposedly improved it according to Digital Foundry, but I'm trying to find out if any of the remaining 9 updates improved it any more.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Ted

Looking hard at Cyberpunk.  I may pull the trigger.  Trailers look good.

BDSooner72

Control runs fairly well on the Xbox One X. Mostly 30fps with a slight drop when you start causing mayhem with the kinetic physics.

Just started Cyberpunk and played through the first mission. Gunplay is good, not great. Stealth and melee are both viable options. Hacking things takes a little getting used to with a controller. Have not had any technical issues so far.

Jason

Good thing you have an Xbox One X. Cyberpunk is apparently pretty bad on the base consoles. I know it doesn't make sense financially, but it probably should have been a next-gen title.

BDSooner72

I would hate to imagine it on a standard PS4/Xbox One.  Still my game has crashed four times already. So save often. For the most part the game runs okay but there are little freezes  that stop the game a few seconds. The cut scenes are a pain in the ass due to constant loading and reloading and reloading. Instead of one load to run a cut scene it breaks it up.  Gameplay itself is fine and enjoying it so far.

BDSooner72

Not that they have had another patch I have not crashed once. The freezing is just a bug that you simply go to a menu and hot resume game and all is well. Having a blast now. Some interesting side missions in the game. There is one with automated cars that is hilarious.

Jason

Sony pulled Cyberpunk from the Playstation store and is offering refunds for all digital purchases. I'm more shocked that they pulled a game that popular from the store.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/cyberpunk-2077-refunds/