News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

BDSooner72

Anyone playing the new Watch Dogs? I enjoyed the first one, outside the main character. Did not really care for the second. I was expecting to be playing Cyberpunk this month. In a drought right now, need something new.

Jason

Nope. I have the second one only. I thought the third one was a next-gen only title until a few weeks ago.

BDSooner72

EA Play games are now on Gamepass (Console). I think they hit PC next month.

Jason

Quote from: BDSooner72 on November 10, 2020 @ 04:52:07 PM
EA Play games are now on Gamepass (Console). I think they hit PC next month.

I'm surprised you didn't get an Xbox Series X at launch. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought you always got new consoles when they were first released.

BDSooner72

I used to but I waited a few months after launch to get the Xbox One. No games are really making me want to jump into next gen so far.

BDSooner72

Less than a month away and this is the best EA can do with next gen footage for FIFA.

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA/status/1326193103674486792

BDSooner72

https://gamerant.com/fifa-21-playtime-tool/

QuoteAllegedly, the idea is to give parents more control over their children's FIFA experience, monitoring how long players are on the game, how much they're spending, and who they're talking to.

Things you can control from the parental settings on the consoles. Well played EA.  ::)

Ted

Back on the road with American Truck Simulator since the release of Colorado DLC.  Jake gave me the Idaho and Colorado DLCs for my birthday.  Still a chill experience just criss-crossing the map, looking at the other trucks and the scenery.  I’m still kind of amazed at how seamless it can be sometimes.  I like pulling into a yard to drop my trailer and seeing other trailers parked there knowing they already have a load and destination.  Click on the show loads from this location and those same trailers in the yard pop up and you choose which one you want to take and off you go.  Really makes the world feel alive.

Jason

I started Mafia last night and can't believe how good the graphics are on the base PS4. I can only imagine how good this game looks on one of the more powerful consoles. The game does feel more like a movie than a game with all of the storytelling and cutscenes. Like most Rockstar games, the controls and shooting are a little clunky, but I'm hoping to get more comfortable with them as the game goes on.

I had to get used to driving safely around the city since hitting a pedestrian can automatically cause you to fail a mission. I was getting ready to get out of my car and start punching people in the face with all the honking that was going on at me.

Ted

I might have to revisit mafia.  I remember how cool it was when it first came out.  I played on PC and would drive around with my wheel and then when on foot use a Logitech gamepad.  Or maybe it was mouse and keyboard, I can’t remember now.

I discovered a mod for ATS that incorporates multiplayer so spent part of holiday weekend on the roads seeing other truckers coming and going.  There’s about 900 people at any given time in the server and they control the load by only putting you in visual contact when within a certain radius.  Which is pretty much how ATS handles the AI traffic as well.  They’ve incorporated a cb radio function as well so you can give a hello to nearby drivers.  All in all it’s pretty chill and a fun way to play ATS.  You lose the AI traffic in MP, so the world feels less realistic, but there is pretty consistent and routine contact with other truckers so all in all a pretty fair trade off.  Most of the players seem to be good ‘ol boy types, not really my crowd, but everyone is generally polite and the griefing is kept to a minimum by a pretty active admin crew that drives around in cop cars.  Probably the coolest thing is the congestion at the various depots where you pick up and drop off loads.  Those are dead in default ATS, but in MP it’s quite common to have another one or two drivers jostling for room at the docks. 

Still no ship date on the Reverb G2.  Want to try ATS with that too.  Jake has a used G1 coming in from another squad mate to try out.  While he does that he’s going to let me use his Samsung again.

Jason

I played Mafia for a few more hours last night and now I'm completely hooked. I really hope I can find the time to complete the game this weekend. I also checked out the "Free Ride" option, which is a really nice addition. I enjoyed just driving around the game world and checking it out. On a side note, I'd love to see the race track in the game added to a real racing game. It would be an awesome addition to something like Project Cars or Forza.

Jason

I spent another 3 hours playing Mafia last night and think I'm about 65% through the main story. It's like the original Red Dead Redemption set in 1930's Chicago.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Jason

I finished up Mafia today. Amazing story and game.

BDSooner72

Well I went a bit crazy with the Xbox Cyber Monday sale.

FIFA 21 and Madden 21 for $35 - I know, but it's the longest I have held out. Mainly bought it due to the free upgrade when I decide to get the Xbox Series.  Also based on the videos, I can see why they went free because they put little to no effort into it.

NBA 2K21 was $29

Bioshock collection was $10  Only shortly played the first ages ago so really excited for this.

Preordered Cyberpunk and have it downloaded and ready to go for tomorrow. Not to mention that Control is now on Gamepass. So plenty of stuff to play.

Jason

I'm waiting for Madden 21 to go on sale digitally myself. I'll probably get FIFA when it drops to $20 too.

I haven't been impressed with the videos I've seen of next-gen (current-gen?) Madden so far, but I watched a video today that showed the receiver animations for certain routes and was really impressed with how much better they looked running their routes. They compared it directly to the current-gen version and the corner route really stood out to me. I'll have to find the video and post it.

Found it (corner route at about the 14 minute mark):

https://youtu.be/Lel-U5p6whc

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk