News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

BDSooner72

How times have changed for HB Studios. Small developer making a golf game competing with the behemoth EA, the company they helped make games for in the past. They understood the sim golfers frustrations with EA and made a video making fun of the Battlefield course in Rory McIlroy PGA Tour.

The Behemoth was slayed and exited the golf game business.  So little HB gets in bed with 2KSports. The current game 2K21 has many problems, especially on the multiplayer end. There was an  update to the game today. A few minor things worked on but there was this.

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR2K/status/1318552558433050624

History repeating itself and such. The irony is dripping of the pumpkin head. Now we just wait for in game ad's between holes.

https://www.ign.com/articles/nba-2k21-ads-are-not-meant-to-run-in-pre-game-2k-plans-to-move-their-placement-in-future-episodes

Jason

I think most of the people hoping for 2K to make another NFL game would end up very disappointed if it ever happened.

BDSooner72

Quote from: Jason on October 21, 2020 @ 11:59:43 PM
I think most of the people hoping for 2K to make another NFL game would end up very disappointed if it ever happened.

They actually have the NFL License to make an Arcade game and are working on it. EA has set the bar so low this generation with Madden, so it's not hard to make something a step up from disappointing.

https://www.polygon.com/2020/3/10/21172310/nfl-2k-sports-football-video-games-deal-ea-madden

https://www.polygon.com/2020/7/30/21346683/nfl-2k-sports-football-video-games-deal-nflpa

Jason

I should have said simulation NFL game. Their arcade NFL game is going to be no different than their pay-to-play NBA Playgrounds. I can't believe people are actually excited for the game.

BDSooner72

Once again when EA sets that bar so low. People, including myself, are looking anywhere for a football fix. Do I fear it will end up like Playgrounds, sure.

My apologies for using Ryan Moody but this video made me laugh. As long as Madden stays animation driven it will never be a true simulation. A descent sports comedy, maybe.

P.S. I even purchased Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 when it released. Only to get a refund 3 hours later. Terrible gameplay and a UI that made me weep. I just wanted to create college teams but the editor was a complete dumpster fire. Axis Football 2020 just released but it looks just as bad on the field and I have no desire trying to get another refund after a few hours.

Jason

I've watched a bunch of videos of both Doug Flutie 2020 and Axis Football 2020. I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say they would be bad looking for PS2 games. If the gameplay was incredible I might be able to live with it, but I don't think it is. Are either of those games physics based or are they animation driven like Madden too?

BDSooner72

The tackling system is in Maximum 2020. It's just such a mess to look at.

https://twitter.com/MaxFootballGame/status/1303851213289648130

Jason

Hoping Pacer is finally released this Thursday (10/29). After that, I'll probably get Mafia and PES 2021 when they go on sale, hopefully around Black Friday.

Ted

Spending more time with MSFS 2020.  The updated A320 mod from Flybywire has taken the default airbus to improved realism with systems and a nicer feel when flying.  I'm finding it harder and harder to return to x-plane just because the visuals are so outstanding.  Looking forward to VR support when it comes.  I got a bit of a windfall a couple weeks ago and am thinking of picking up the Valve Index.

Jason

I had no idea what the Valve Index was until I just googled it. Looks like you're going all in on VR. I can only imagine how amazing games would look with that setup.

Ted

Actually, after thinking some more about it I decided to go ahead and preorder the HP Reverb G2.  It's supposedly started shipping this week, but my order most likely won't arrive until December.  The G2 is supposed to be the first set that will support MSFS in VR so I hope by the time it arrives that feature will be implemented in an update.

Jason

The G2 looks impressive too, and while expensive, it's quite a bit cheaper than the Valve Index. Looking forward to your impressions when you get it.

Jason

Pacer was finally available to purchase this morning. Looking forward to playing it later this afternoon.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

BDSooner72

Someone just give Sean Murray a medal and/or knight him.

https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/1321443645871005696

No Man's Sky: Next Generation

Free upgrade for PS5/XB/PC

Fuller worlds
Save Game Transfer
32 player multiplayer
4K at 60FPS
Ultra visuals
Vast base building
Warp speed load times
Crossplay
PS5 Haptics
Advanced audio
PSVR

Haptic controls: From the satisfying feeling of firing your boltcaster, to the gentle nudge of a building part slotting into place in a space habitat or the firm click of the trigger in your interstellar ship â€" haptic controls allow players to feel immersed in an alien world as never before.
    Fuller worlds: Next generation hardware allows No Man’s Sky’s procedural generation to create lusher, richer and more densely populated universes than ever before. Planet surfaces are even more detailed, with thousands more rocks, alien grasses, and exotic flora on screen at any time.
    32 player multiplayer: For the first time on console, up to 32 players can join forces to build, survive, fight and explore the galaxy together.
    Advanced audio: Immersion has always been a pillar of No Man’s Sky. Thanks to PlayStation 5’s Tempest 3D AudioTech, players will be able to soak in the ambience of an alien planet, or feel a ship fly overhead like never before (You can find out more about PS5’s 3D Audio here.)
    4K* at 60FPS: On PlayStation 5 players can experience the universe in pin-sharp detail at higher framerates.
    Ultra visuals: Explore alien vistas with improved shadows, greater draw distances, thousands more objects on screen and improved lighting and volumetric effects.
    Vast base building: Players can now work together to build huge off-world colonies, with the ability to construct and render far more vast and complex bases on screen.
    Warp-speed load times: Explore the universe instantly with 5-10x reduction in loading times. On PS5, you can warp from solar system to solar system in an instant.
    Crossplay: PS5 explorers will be able to join together with other adventurers on all other platforms, including previous generations.
    Upgrading from PS4 to PS5: Not only will previous owners of No Man’s Sky on PlayStation 4 be able to upgrade their game to PlayStation 5 at no extra cost when PS5 launches in their territory, but their progress can be carried across to their new console.
    PlayStation VR: No Man’s Sky is fully playable in PS VR on PlayStation 5 by virtue of its backwards compatibility functionality.
    An evolving game: Just another step on the evolution of the best-selling title, No Man’s Sky Next Generation will come preloaded with the previous four years of huge upgrades from day one. Join in the journey at our most important moment yet.

Jason

Quote from: Jason on October 29, 2020 @ 08:47:01 AM
Pacer was finally available to purchase this morning. Looking forward to playing it later this afternoon.

Pacer is shaping up to be the best Wipeout game since Wipeout 3 on the PS1. Good graphics, great controls and no issues with frame rate. I just wish all the tracks were open in Quick Play since I prefer to race without weapons. It's not too bad considering I got most of them available after just a few hours of play.