News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

BDSooner72

It keeps getting worse.  These are In-Game images.

Ea going with MS Paint to update the players stripes on the uniform.

Logos and teams not matching

BDSooner72

Jason

Not that it really means anything, but it is pretty funny seeing all the user scores of zero down the line.

BDSooner72

Wasteland 3 is pretty fun for a genre (turn based action) I am not the biggest fan of. Takes getting used to but I have my custom characters USA and Canada at level 2. Did kill both of them once being a bit too close to an oil drum but I will get better.  ;)  Really need to look over the skills and upgrades to figure out how I plan to take each character do their paths. USA is an AR guy and Canada is a Sniper but the ammo has been limited for it, so I might also lean her towards carrying a rocket launcher since she will fight from a distance.  Definitely recommend making custom characters on the first go, that way you get to use the weapons of your choice for both characters along with a good base skill set for that type of player.

Only complaint early on is it does run fairly sluggish on the Xbox One X. I barely read up on what next gen systems are going to offer but they both really need to offer something like a 1080p 60FPS or 4K whatever FPS they can produce option requirement for all games. Will gladly sacrifice resolution for framerate.

Jason

Quote from: BDSooner72 on August 28, 2020 @ 10:17:49 AM
Only complaint early on is it does run fairly sluggish on the Xbox One X. I barely read up on what next gen systems are going to offer but they both really need to offer something like a 1080p 60FPS or 4K whatever FPS they can produce option requirement for all games. Will gladly sacrifice resolution for framerate.

Agreed, except they should shoot for 1440p at 60fps. There's no reason the new systems shouldn't be able to handle that.

BDSooner72

Quote from: Jason on August 28, 2020 @ 01:47:19 PM
Agreed, except they should shoot for 1440p at 60fps. There's no reason the new systems shouldn't be able to handle that.

Systems should be able to handle it. Certain game engines are the big issue. Bethesda is using an archaic engine this generation and most games made with Unity tend to have framerate issue, just to name a few. Bethesda struggles to get a solid 30FPS on 1080p on this generation. That is why I think Sony/MS need to require every game can be played in 1080p/60fps as an option.

Jason

Sony and Microsoft should not allow any developers to use Unity on their new systems. It shouldn't even be used on current systems. It's a mobile game development engine designed 10 years ago.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

BDSooner72

Not to mention the CEO of Unity is John Riccitiello, former failed CEO of Electronic Arts. 

Ted

The day my new PC gets delivered Newegg puts the same unit on sale for 24 hours for $80 less. LOL

Jason

Quote from: Ted on August 29, 2020 @ 02:40:35 PM
The day my new PC gets delivered Newegg puts the same unit on sale for 24 hours for $80 less. LOL

You should be able to get them to credit the difference.

Ted

It’s easier to whine about it and blame liberals.  THANKS OBAMA!

Jason

I ended up ordering the Thrustmaster Hotas two weeks ago on Amazon when it dropped to $70. It was back-ordered and not supposed to arrive October, but it shipped today and is going to arrive tomorrow. I can't wait to see how much more fun AC 7 is with this thing.

Ted

Hey let me know how you like it.  I'm ready for a new stick and throttle

Ted

Quote from: BDSooner72 on August 28, 2020 @ 10:17:49 AM
Wasteland 3 is pretty fun for a genre (turn based action) I am not the biggest fan of. Takes getting used to but I have my custom characters USA and Canada at level 2. Did kill both of them once being a bit too close to an oil drum but I will get better.  ;)  Really need to look over the skills and upgrades to figure out how I plan to take each character do their paths. USA is an AR guy and Canada is a Sniper but the ammo has been limited for it, so I might also lean her towards carrying a rocket launcher since she will fight from a distance.  Definitely recommend making custom characters on the first go, that way you get to use the weapons of your choice for both characters along with a good base skill set for that type of player.

Playing on PC with Gamepass.  It's a hoot.  I like the story.  I like the combat.  There's a lot of good voice acting in there as well.

Ted

New PC has been flawless.  Old PC collecting dust in the corner so I grabbed an unused monitor from Jake and hooked it up on another table in the room.  Now my 9 year old grandson is playing No Man's Sky on it on the weekends.