News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Ted

I signed up for Xbox gamepass for PC.  First month is $1.  6/month after that.  There's a good selection of games to play for the sub price.  I mostly did it to get access to the standard edition of MSFS 2020 that releases next month without having to pay the purchase price. 

Jason

That game has me seriously considering an Xbox Series X.
I hope you have a fast internet connection if you plan on downloading it and plenty of hard disk space since it comes on 10 discs.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ted

They still release stuff on discs?

Jason

Quote from: Jason on July 14, 2020 @ 03:49:26 PM
So, I'm all in with my racing wheel now. I just ordered the Logitech shifter for my G29. I haven't owned a car with stick shift since getting married 22 years ago, so hopefully this will scratch that itch. The shifter had only been available by third-party sellers for ridiculous prices, so I jumped on it once it was available through Amazon for retail price.

Holy crap...driving with a clutch and shifter brings racing games to a whole new level. I was teaching my kids how to drive stick yesterday. I don't think it works with F1 since those cares don't use a shifter like that, but PC 1 & 2, AC & ACC and GT Sport all support it. Only cars with a shifter in real life work in AC & ACC, so you can't use it with the GT3 cars, but it's still awesome to use.

I still have to see what other games support it. I'm hoping The Crew 2 and NFS: Heat do since they're open world.

BDSooner72

Have to give Hello Games some more credit, they released another update with new story missions and a ton of other fixes, updates. The new stuff was good but a bit short, though it can be repeated with new stories about how the freighter/crew met it's demise.

https://www.nomanssky.com/desolation-update/

Ted

You do have to give them credit.  I personally think they should have never gone on all the PR and marketing junkets like they did in the beginning, overpromising and lying about features.  Some might never forgive them for that, but they sure have followed up with tremendous support and expansion to the original game.

BDSooner72

It made for interesting drama at the time and in turn a nice redemption story.

It's a rare sight in gaming to see this much FREE support. My hope is to see a next gen version of the game just to deal with the loading screens and texture pop-in and other technical issues. Plus a bit more variety in the planets.

Still love this video that released right after launch.

BDSooner72

A first for me in No Man's Sky. I have 1,000,000,000 Units thanks to my new farm. Farm currently can produce 750K a day which is more than I will ever need. Best part is that it never has to be touched outside of hitting X on Biodomes for plants and getting gasses from storage containers. Don't know when they added the Electromagnetic Generator but it is the best addition to the game. Find a hotspot for electricity, build a home base there. It just runs through batteries to create a gird and there is no Carbon/Condensed Carbon charge required. Even with a low level "C" rating you can power everything you desire with 5 or 6 placed down. I use a few more but my home base is fairly electric hungry as are my biodome/gas extraction farms. The hardest part was finding a hot spot for electricity and gas close enough so they shared the same base diameter, since bases can't share power. In each case they were all spread apart (and it took many many hours just to find these two hot spots close enough and being the right Gas, because even on the right planet Oxygen Gas is everywhere). By putting the Base Computer in the middle of the circle it allowed me to run electric wires to the Electric Generators and opposite direction to the Gas Extractors. I keep a big teleporter in the middle, so I can warp to each farm (Nine Total all on different planets/systems) and run a short distance teleporter to and from the Gas Extractors. Another really big addition and I even once asked for this on their Reddit is the ability to auto harvest all the plants in a biodome. I hated harvesting because it took forever due to being in a circle and not controller firendly. Each biodome does require you to harvest but you can run though it hitting a button as you pass though each.

What spurned this on was the multiplayer base. You can give items to anyone. One day someone puts 90 million worth of tech items in my inventory to sell. He then proceeded to do this for 10 other people running around. There is a constant text feed on screen telling you who is give items to someone else. Even cooler it is shown in the language of who you are giving it to. So as I was getting my base up and running I was creating a bunch of mid level circuit boards and doing the same thing at a much smaller amount. There are a few places on the multiplayer base where you know newer places are going to be, to get certain quests, buy tech items, etc. For a new/early level player this gives them the money for a new ship, better multi-tool and they can buy more of the items they need instead of mining them. It's a nice rare feeling of good will for a multiplayer game, which I rarely play. Logged a few hundred hours in Rocket League and enjoyed the game but it was just toxic as all get out.

Jason

My older son was asking me about this game recently. I told him that I really didn't know much about it other than it having a disastrous launch, but a ton of post release support. I thought this was one of the first games that PSN offered refunds for too.

I've almost bought it on sale a few times but never did. My son may end up buying it if it goes on sale during Sony's big summer sale which starts tomorrow. If it's cheap enough, is probably get a copy too.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

BDSooner72

It's actually on sale right now for $24.99.  So it may not be part of another sale?

This price is only available from 7/8/2020 02:00 am to 7/23/2020 01:59 am.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2034-CUSA04841_00-NMSDIGITAL000001

Or if you had an Xbox you could play it for free with Gamepass.  ;)

https://screenrant.com/no-mans-sky-new-players-xbox-game-pass/

A million new players since it showed up on Gamepass. So many new players to give tech to.  ^-^

Jason

Surprisingly, the cheapest it's ever been was $22.49 (https://psprices.com/region-us/game/191256/no-man-s-sky).

I would have thought it would have been $10 at some point over the years.

BDSooner72

If it was like most games and had not been touched since launch outside a DLC or two and a few updates sure. This game has gotten regular updates for four years. DLC quality updates at no charge.

Jason

PSN's Summer Sale kinda sucks for me. I'll probably end up getting the Arkham Knight season pass for my son and the Crew 2 season pass for myself.

BDSooner72

Cuphead coming to PS4 it seems. Fun game but never finished it.

https://www.gamesradar.com/cuphead-ps4-release-date-psn/

Jason

Quote from: BDSooner72 on July 28, 2020 @ 12:27:16 AM
Cuphead coming to PS4 it seems. Fun game but never finished it.

https://www.gamesradar.com/cuphead-ps4-release-date-psn/
My son has that game on the Switch. Great looking game but brutally hard.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk