News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Jason

Quote from: Jason on May 24, 2020 @ 02:19:39 PM
Looking to buy a Logitech G29 steering wheel for my PS4. Amazon has it for $235 (normally $400), but it keeps going in and out of stock before I have the balls to buy it.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk
I got it. It ships on June 7th.

BDSooner72

Jason

You ain't kidding.

Your YouTube videos don't show up in Tapatalk so I was going to answer "willpower" before seeing the video.

Jason

I was surprised to see how many racing games I own that have the Red Bull track, so I raced there in each of the following games:

• Assetto Corsa
  • Project Cars 1 and 2
  • Gran Turismo Sport
  • F1 2019
  • Moto GP 2019
  • GRID
After playing a ton of Assetto Corsa, it was tough to play the games that run at 30fps (Moto GP and GRID). The difference isn't as noticeable is you;re not used to the smoother frame rate because Moto GP 2019 seemed so smooth to me before I started playing Assetto Corsa again. 

Brad Company

It's noticeable when you play Driveclub, as well.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on May 26, 2020 @ 02:58:12 PM
It's noticeable when you play Driveclub, as well.

Yes!!! Driveclub doesn't have Red Bull, but I did play it this weekend and noticed how bad it was too.

Jason

My racing wheel is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I have to try to find something to mount it on.

BDSooner72

I guess if you are shelling out for the wheel, might as well go all the way.

https://www.amazon.com/SmarketBuy-Adjustable-Simulator-Compatible-Logitech/dp/B07FKMZ6Z7

Did you play any SMB3 yet?  I scrapped my original plans and made a 32 team Texas League. Going with Lubbock where I grew up and modeled everything around Buddy Holly and the Crickets. It was either that or Craig Ehlo (Most famous person from my HS) getting posterized by Michael Jordan. That would have been a bit much for the SMB3 editor.

Right now I have been hitting Minecraft Dungeons hard. Only a few levels from having everything unlocked on the hardest difficulty. Absolutely hate Minecraft combat in the base game but love the combat for the dungeon crawler. 

Jason

I have looked at that particular one along with a few others, but I'll make do with a $5 tray table for now. The pedals have a rug griper that works pretty well, so they're fine on the floor.

I tested out a bunch of games tonight with the wheel. GT Sport and F1 2019 felt the best so far. I was getting faster lap times with the wheel after just a few laps of each. I'm only about 1-2 seconds off my controller times on Assetto Corsa. All of the games have separate control settings for the wheel, so I'll have to look at those too.

Here's my son testing it out tonight.

[attachment deleted by admin]

BDSooner72

Looks like it works well, hard to beat a $5 setup.

Jason

The footrest is a perfect height too. I hope the G29 is compatible with the PS5.

I usually get in a game or two of SMB 3. I'm waiting are some of the gameplay patches that are in the works before getting too invested in it.

I've also been playing World Tennis Tour. I like the game, but I suck at it. I barely won my first match on Amateur and haven't won a match since.

BDSooner72

Yeah I started a career in World Tennis Tour. I like that it controls the difficulty as you work your way up rankings. Just make sure you are using all the shot types to control the pace and placement is very important. Don't hit every shot to the back of the court. The training mode helps a bit to learn to control the shots.

Jason

I'm all in now on the steering wheel. I just bought this stand on Amazon. I like that it's easily adjustable since both my sons have been using it and my wife likes that it folds up. The extra 10% discount sealed the deal.

The back button attachment is back in stock at stores, so I got one of those too.

BDSooner72

Jason