News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Jason

Glad to hear they're not delayed as long as originally planned.

I'm looking forward to Streets of Rage 4 this Thursday.

BDSooner72

Just FYI TLOU2 spoilers/gameplay footage are flying around ruining the story/ending.

Jason

It appears the info was leaked by a disgruntled employee and is the main reason Naughty Dog moved the release date back up.

BDSooner72

I picked up Doom Eternal for some rip and tear action. IDs games always run buttery smooth.  Also picked up a couple survival/sim games games. Dawn of Man and Stranded Deep.

Jason

I ended up getting Streets of Rage 4 and hope to play some co-op with my son tomorrow. Looking forward to SMB3 in less than 2 weeks now.

Jason

Quote from: BDSooner72 on February 15, 2020 @ 08:19:48 PM
Any of you PS4 guys picking up Dreams?  I have been really impressed by what I have seen so far. 

It went on sale this week so I just bought it this morning.

Jason

Onrush currently on sale for $2.49 on PS Store. May have to try it at that price.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

BDSooner72

Trying AO Tennis 2 again. I love all the work the community has done for the game, with the players, courts, etc. Just wish that same passion could be found from the developers. Gameplay is still AO Tennis.  AI rarely hits unforced errors on Pro difficulty or above. So most of their points come on my unforced errors and my points on winners. The swing is still a damn mystery to me and how exactly it works to get constant proper timing so I just turned all the meters off. It helps a little not having to focus on that and the swing itself. I wish they would eliminate the auto swing function, this is where I think the problems start. It also feels awkward having a swing start for you as you are chasing down a shot and have yet to hit a button. If I hit a button, start the swing animation. If not, just let the ball go by. Still way too many times I hit a button or the animation starts and the ball is not hit.

BDSooner72

Solved my tennis problem. Bought Tennis World Tour for $12 and with all the updates over two years, it's a pretty good game on the court. Outside of McEnroe's commentary and some of the sounds when hitting the ball no major issues. AI players actually hit unforced errors and the rallies feel much more realistic. Swing is not perfect but much closer to Top Spin 4. It's has none of the court and player customization outside of making a player but this will get me by for now.

Jason

Quote from: BDSooner72 on May 13, 2020 @ 10:28:58 PM
Solved my tennis problem. Bought Tennis World Tour for $12 and with all the updates over two years, it's a pretty good game on the court. Outside of McEnroe's commentary and some of the sounds when hitting the ball no major issues. AI players actually hit unforced errors and the rallies feel much more realistic. Swing is not perfect but much closer to Top Spin 4. It's has none of the court and player customization outside of making a player but this will get me by for now.
Not sure how I missed this. I've come close to buying this game so many times but the early reviews have always scared me away from it. I wish sites would review games again after they've been patched.

It's currently on sale for $12 on the PS Store, so I'll have to think about getting it again.

BDSooner72

At $12 it is worth a try. Would have started a career but I have been busy with SMB3.

Jason

Quote from: BDSooner72 on May 20, 2020 @ 11:00:48 AM
At $12 it is worth a try. Would have started a career but I have been busy with SMB3.

You really had to twist my arm on that one...I just got it.

Jason

My older son's driving game is trending at #3 on Dreams. It's amazing what you can do in that "game".

Jason

Looking to buy a Logitech G29 steering wheel for my PS4. Amazon has it for $235 (normally $400), but it keeps going in and out of stock before I have the balls to buy it.