News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

BDSooner72

Gamepass has been killing it lately. Now I find out that NBA 2K20 just released on it today. Ori and the Will of Wisps on the 10th.  It helps make up for my terrible purchasing decisions like AO Tennis 2.  :(

Jason

You're tough critic on tennis video games.

BDSooner72

I praised the things that deserved praise and then there is the graphics, gameplay and controls, which deserve all my ire.

BDSooner72

Ori and the Will of the Wisps is a masterpiece so far. Combat is much better and the atmosphere is simply stunning and I am still in the first area.

BDSooner72

Just finished Ori and the will of the wisps and rate the game a 9.5/10. .25 deducted for the occasional technical issue. .25 deducted for the inclusion of a sand areas where the spectacular control of Ori becomes an annoyance for a short period of time near the end. If you have never played either Ori game and have a descent PC, you are missing out. Unless you do not like the 2D Metrovania style platformers. This is the peak of 2D platformers. The story is untouched in how to relay what is happening with so few words, sublime soundtracks and visual storytelling. The game knows how to tug on the heart-strings.

$1 to play two of the best platformers ever made.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-pass-for-pc-beta/cfq7ttc0kgq8?ocid=xboxcompdp&locale=en-US&activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab

Just listening to the main menu theme alone gives me chills.

Jason

This is crazy, but I bought MotoGP 14 years ago during a flash sale, played it once, wasn't impressed, and never played it again. I decided to try it again last night and realized it's made by Milestone, who is becoming my modern-day Rainbow Studios of developers.

I'm really enjoying it now and will most likely upgrade to 19 (built on the Unreal 4 engine) when it goes on sale.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Jason

Quote from: Jason on March 15, 2020 @ 12:13:16 AM
This is crazy, but I bought MotoGP 14 years ago during a flash sale, played it once, wasn't impressed, and never played it again. I decided to try it again last night and realized it's made by Milestone, who is becoming my modern-day Rainbow Studios of developers.

I'm really enjoying it now and will most likely upgrade to 19 (built on the Unreal 4 engine) when it goes on sale.

Just my luck...19 (and 18) went on sale today for $17. Downloading it now.

Jason

Quote from: Jason on March 18, 2020 @ 02:40:01 PM
Just my luck...19 (and 18) went on sale today for $17. Downloading it now.

What a difference 5 years will make in graphics and gameplay. It's like going from from a last-gen game to a current-gen game.

BDSooner72

https://www.ign.com/articles/gamestop-employees-told-to-keep-stores-open-because-they-are-an-essential-business-amid-covid-19-outbreak

Gamestop considering itself an "Essential Business" to stay open during the outbreak. Apparently Punko Pops are serious business.

Jason

Just another reason to hate them.

I'll never understand why that store is even relevant. I read about people pre-ordering and shopping there and physically want to slap them in the head.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Jason

During the call, GameStop’s execs tell their workers to ignore major news developments regarding the outbreak in favor of getting information from the company itself, dodge the question of whether or not employees that are either too worried to come to work or are forced to take time off will be paid compensation, and take the time to mention how their business is “thriving” in the face of so many other stores closing.

Do these guys work for the current administration? Sorry, no politics allowed ;)

One of the few times I'm at a loss of words...

BDSooner72

The king is back! Best parody account ever.

https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/status/1241772313575665668

Not that XBL is fantastic but PSN download speeds were so hit and miss back when I had a PS3/PS4.

BDSooner72

Not an Onion article.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/03/27/business/gamestop-employees-wrap-your-hands-plastic-bags-go-back-work/#bgmp-comments

QuoteWorkers have been told to wrap a plastic bag around one hand to protect it from exposure to the virus, open the door a crack, and take the customer’s credit card, the manager said. Employees are then to run the card with a hand still encased in the bag, flip the bag inside out, leaving the card inside, put the purchase in the bag, and hand it back through the door.

Jason

What the actual fuck is wrong with that place?