News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Jason

Still no sign of AO Tennis 2 on the PS store.

Brent, did the price ever decease on the Microsoft store?

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Jason

AO Tennis 2 is finally up, but it's listed at $59.99.

The Division 2 is currently on sale for $2.99. How can I not buy it at that price.

BDSooner72

Back up to $59.99 on the Xbox Store. Still shows $39.99 at Gamestop, etc for the disc version. Did not unlock until after I went to sleep so I will get to play some tonight but my focus has been on Zombie Army 4.

Division 2 at full price was worth every penny, at $2.99 that is almost theft. Tons of stuff to do in the game and even more after you beat the story. Only stopped playing it because I had done everything and the DLC did not appeal to me.

BDSooner72

Played a couple short exhibitions and I think you might want to wait for a discount before jumping in, unless you really want to start a career mode. From everything I have seen that is where the majority of time was spent. On the court it felt pretty much the same, with a little better character movement. You will still swing at shots and nothing happens but it only happened a couple times. Still have no clue how to get constantly good timing on my swing. This was not changed along with the cameras. I still can't find a camera I really like. Graphics are pretty much copy paste from the original. It does not look bad but it still has a last gen look to it. I like the constant stats and they added a happy/mad option you can press after a point to get different responses to what you did on the court. Loading times to get into the match or even a simple training mode are LONG. The menu interface is much cleaner and easier to use.

Could not use the creation center to download any players, courts, player lists, etc as it was down. 

Brad Company

Quote from: Jason on February 11, 2020 @ 12:25:00 PM
AO Tennis 2 is finally up, but it's listed at $59.99.

The Division 2 is currently on sale for $2.99. How can I not buy it at that price.

If you get Div. 2 get with me, I will help you out.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on February 11, 2020 @ 05:17:27 PM
If you get Div. 2 get with me, I will help you out.

I couldn't resist it at that price. I'll definitely look to get some time in online this weekend. I still have PS+ for another month, but will probably renew for the cloud saves alone.

Jason

Quote from: BDSooner72 on February 11, 2020 @ 04:14:50 PM
Played a couple short exhibitions and I think you might want to wait for a discount before jumping in, unless you really want to start a career mode. From everything I have seen that is where the majority of time was spent. On the court it felt pretty much the same, with a little better character movement. You will still swing at shots and nothing happens but it only happened a couple times. Still have no clue how to get constantly good timing on my swing. This was not changed along with the cameras. I still can't find a camera I really like. Graphics are pretty much copy paste from the original. It does not look bad but it still has a last gen look to it. I like the constant stats and they added a happy/mad option you can press after a point to get different responses to what you did on the court. Loading times to get into the match or even a simple training mode are LONG. The menu interface is much cleaner and easier to use.

I don't understand how to the disc version is selling for less since it's not a sale price.

The issue with shots not registering has been mentioned in all the reviews I've read and it should hopefully be something they can patch soon.

BDSooner72

Any of you PS4 guys picking up Dreams?  I have been really impressed by what I have seen so far. 

Someone at Bethesda should be taking notes that this person made their game within a game and still has a better framerate.  ;D

Jason

I'm definitely getting it for my younger son and I'd love to try it out myself.

BDSooner72

Beat the final level of Zombie Army 4. Ended up with just over 10,000 kills on the default difficulty (medium), which I found fair but towards the end they will throw a ton of different zombies at you. Going to start playing Hoard mode and bought the season pass because I am a fan of the developer and will be looking for more levels. Also need to go through a few chapters to find a few things that were missed and getting gold on all chapters.  One thing I enjoy is that you not only have a difficulty but you can set how many players worth of zombies you want solo or co-op. So I tried a few levels on medium with 4 players worth of zombies. Works well for getting your score up and hitting gold but one of the levels I tried had a snipers, specifically the one where they are introduced in the story. 3 or 4 snipers constantly re-spawning while you are dealing with regular zombies and moving 3 gas canisters to a boat, leaving you with only a pistol while carrying. Stressful would be the nicest thing I could say about the experience.

Jason

New patch out for AO Tennis 2.

[attachment deleted by admin]

BDSooner72

I played last night and must have had the patch as Taylor Fritz was in the game and things did seem to load quicker.  I really want to love this game and start my career but finding the right difficulty level and getting the timing down for swings has been frustrating.  Have to say props to the two users that created the current top 125 men's and women's players to download.

Top Spin gameplay/graphics with AO's career mode and customization and you are getting near a perfect tennis game. Throw in the mini games from the Virtua Tennis and I might not ever leave the house.

Jason

I'm wondering if the "reflex animation" fix is for the unresponsive controls under certain circumstances.

I ended up buying NHL 20 today since it went on sale for $24. I'm so tired of this game yet I buy it every year.

I have been playing a ton of FIFA 20 and I'm really enjoying my time with it.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

BDSooner72

Nope, I had just as many no-swings as before the patch.

Jason

I'm surprised by how much I'm enjoying NHL 20. I read in so many reviews how it's much smoother than NHL19 and now I can what they mean. The controls in the older games always felt jerky and didn't simulate the feel of skating...it felt more like running on ice. This year's game really feels good on the ice. It's similar to the RPM progress made from Madden 19 to 20.

I went into training mode to refresh my memory on some of the controls and realized how much I had forgotten. I'm even starting to use the L1 deke for the first time ever and I'm actually getting the hang of it in real games. The announcers are not nearly as bad as they were made out to be. One of them is always very excited, but it fits in with the game. I like the guest announcer option too, but it's a shame Snoop Dog is the only one available, so I had to disable it, which is fortunately an option. It would love to see them expand on this feature with former players and coaches.

I'm still fumbling around with the controls a bit due to playing FIFA 20 much recently. I'm so used to pressing L1 to switch players in FIFA that I'm forgetting it's R2 in NHL. Other than that, I'm having a good time with it. I didn't make any real slider adjustments other than setting the game speed down to 3 from 4, which seems to give the game a more realistic flow.