News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Brad Company

Getting ready for next-gen means I bought another PS3, a 160gb slim for $70. I'm thinking PS5 will only back compat with PS4, so a backup triple seemed like the way to go.  A good working PS3 controller is worth half what I paid these days.

Jason

I wish I would have bought a PS3 when they were still available to purchase new. It's the only Playstation console I've never owned.

Brad Company

When I got my Super Slim, it was the last gasp of new machines at retail. There are screaming good deals for them used, now.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on January 25, 2020 @ 03:47:42 PM
When I got my Super Slim, it was the last gasp of new machines at retail. There are screaming good deals for them used, now.
Where? eBay?

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Brad Company

The one I just got was at a Half Price Books.  FB Marketplace is swimming in them.

Jason

Looking forward to trying out the BioShock games with when they're released on PS+ this Tuesday. I've always been interested in the stories and settings, but turned off by the first-person gameplay. At least now I get to try them out for free.

Brad Company

The remasters are well done. The atmosphere and setting are so good. 1 and 2 are one download and Infinite is a separate one.

Jason

I've come close to buying them so many times. I'd probably have a better time watching my son play them as I'm more interested in the story than the actual gameplay.

BDSooner72

Just bought Zombie Army 4, loved the trilogy and more FPS for me (technically third person with a bunch of snipping). Also pre-ordered AO Tennis 2 since it hits on the 11th.  A bit miffed at the price, even with a 10% discount it was $53.99.  The game retail disc will be out the same day @ $39.99 almost anywhere. Why do we digital guys have to take it where the sun don't shine?  It's cheaper and more profitable to sell a copy digital due to the only cost is some bandwidth.  Wanted to compare it to the PSN store but the webstie version of PSN still does not list the game. I am keeping it since I love tennis and this is all we have but MS Store is going to get an earful.

Jason

I've been checking the PSN store for it too because I'm curious to see how much it's going to sell for. I never thought to check the price of the physical release. I know the first one launched at $40 digitally, so I'm sort of expecting this one too, especially since the retail price of the disc is $40. I think it may show up tomorrow afternoon since Sony usually updates their store on Tuesday afternoon.

I know disc-based games go on sale quicker than digital, but Microsoft may just have listed the price incorrectly because I can't see them selling it digitally for more than the retail price at launch.

Jason

Let me know what you think of Zombie Army 4. That's been on my radar since it was announced.

BDSooner72

If you played the Trilogy it's more of the same with a few wrinkles so far. You can modify weapons by finding upgrades throughout each section. Been awhile since I played the Trilogy but this one seems to offer more ways to get large amounts of kills with the environmental hazards scattered everywhere. Only an hour in and still on the first chapter and have already taken out 550 zombies. Have not played the hoard mode but that was something I liked in the Trilogy. The story mode seems fairly beefy with 8 or 9 chapters. Can be fully played as singleplayer or co-op. Singlplayer is like the Trilogy, just you versus the world.

Jason

Still no AO Tennis 2 on the PSN store. I'll probably buy it at launch if it's $40 for the digital version.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Jason

Sony is having a Critics' Choice Sale starting tomorrow: https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020/02/04/critics-choice-sale-delivers-savings-up-to-40-at-ps-store/

I'll probably end up grabbing FIFA 20 and DOA 6. Maybe they'll add AO Tennis 2 when they update the site.

Jason

Quote from: Jason on February 04, 2020 @ 11:01:30 PM
I'll probably end up grabbing FIFA 20 and DOA 6.

I ended up buying them. The ball physics in FIFA are so good this year. It's almost on par with PES in the regard. I also decided to try a new camera after all these years. I'm currently using Tele with Height at 6 a Zoom at 2. I've always been a default or classic guy, but I'm liking the change this year.