News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Brad Company

It's supposed to be good... I liked Ace Combat 2 way back when. The FTP PS3 game was garbage.
I might grab P Cars 2 for $15.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on October 10, 2019 @ 04:52:16 PM
It's supposed to be good... I liked Ace Combat 2 way back when. The FTP PS3 game was garbage.
I might grab P Cars 2 for $15.

I just bought Ace Combat and am downloading it now.

I might have to consider Project Cars 2 at that price too.

Jason

Finished my first two missions in AC7 and find myself really enjoying it more and more the better I get at it.

I also downloaded Mortal Kombat 11 since it's free for the weekend. I can't believe how much better it look and plays than X. I don't recall any other game making such a huge graphical leap while on the same console cycle. The slower paced gameplay is nice too. It allows the animations to really show off and makes the fighting seem much more realistic. It also helps us older guys with slower reflexes.

I was tempted to buy it while it's on sale for $35, but I'll definitely get it when it drops to $20. If I didn't just buy AC7 and Days Gone, I might have bought it at $35.

Brad Company

Tekken 6 to TT Tag Tournament on PS3 was a big jump as well. I got Soul Calibur 6 recently, it looks and plays a lot better than expected. Create a fighter is dope.

Jason

I just got Soul Calibur 6 a week or two ago when it was on sale too. Haven't played too much but like what I've seen so far.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

BDSooner72

The Outer Worlds is getting some really good reviews. Refreshing to see a dev/pub not afraid to have reviews go out days before it is released. Available on the 25th. Plus it is part of Gamepass for Xbox and PC. Already pre-installed and just counting the days to release.

https://opencritic.com/game/7413/the-outer-worlds

Jason

I just bought Antigraviator, which just came out today. I'm a sucker for futuristic racers and the $20 price was just right.

BDSooner72

Anyone else picking up Civ 6 for PS4 or Xbox one?  I went with the full game and all the DLC. Love the Civ games but hate playing games on PC.  Should be out sometime today. Already pre-loaded and patched once.

Jason

I remember playing one of them on the PC in the late 90's (I think) and being hooked, but haven't played a version since. Is this the first version on this generation of consoles?

BDSooner72

Yes, there has not been a Civ game on consoles since Civ Revolution which was came out last gen and was extremely watered down and not very fun. This is the full game that has been on the PC since 2016 plus all the expansions. It's priced way too high for a game that was released back then but I have a Civ 2 itch that needs scratching as I put hundreds of hours into that game on the PC. Plus there is not a lot of games coming out the next few months that I am interested in so this is my get through the Holidays title.

Jason

Let me know how managing the interface with a controller is. It would be nice if the game supported the DS4's touch pad to move the cursor around.

Jason

I downloaded Monster Energy Supercross while it's free for PS+ members and it looks and plays much than I expected. The only negatives are the brutal load times and lack of outdoor tracks. I'm really surprised that the tracks are limited to official stadium tracks only. I would have loved to play this on some outdoor tracks.

BDSooner72

It is a Supercross game sponsored by Monster, so it kinda makes sense since they are all stadium courses.  I think they added some outdoor stuff in their second release. Have not played a descent supercross/mototcross game in ages. The Trials games are great but it's not the same. There are a couple descent moto/supercross games on the PC but my rig can't handle games.  I do miss when Rainbow studios was a competent game deve and made the classic Motocross Madness for the PC and the early MX vs ATV games.  They are still making the MX vs. games but the last few I tried ran so poorly and looked like a last gen games.

Jason

I've spent a good part of the day looking to see what MX games were available on PS4 and if they had motocross tracks. The first two were MX vs ATV Encore Edition and MX vs ATV All Out. Both were made by Rainbow Studios, which I've been a fan of since the PS2 days, but both games got horrible reviews in the areas that matter most to me - controls/gameplay, graphics and frame rate.

Tonight I came access the MXGP series, which is made by Milestone - the same developer who made Monster Energy Supercross. It's all motocross tracks and doesn't include all the stupid tricks - it's purely a racer. There's currently 3 in the series, but the first one is currently on sale on PSN for $7.49, so I'm going to give it a try.

Jason

Apparently I was wrong about there only bring 3 games in the MXGP series.  There's MXGP Pro (2018) and MXGP 2019.

MXGP Pro also uses the Unreal 4 engine (like Monster Supercross) and is currently on sale for $12 on PSN, so I'm going to buy it tomorrow. I've been pretty happy with my $8 purchase of the original MXGP, so I'm looking forward to the same type of gameplay with better graphics and physics.

I was wondering why Milestone didn't put both motocross and supercross tracks in their Monster Energy series - they still sell them as two separate games.