News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Jason

In keeping with my whole retro-gaming phase, I was looking for Q-Bert on either the PS4 or Xbox 360. I ended up finding Q-Bert Rebooted and was thrilled that it also included the original arcade version, so I ended up buying it today for $10. I didn't even realize it included cross-play, so now I have a copy for my Vita as well.

I originally had no interest in the "rebooted" version, but my son and I haven't stopped playing it all afternoon. It's so much fun that I now have no interest in the arcade version. I can't believe this game came out 5 years ago and I never heard of it before today.

Jason

Anyone planning on checking out Days Gone? I'm interested in seeing the reviews for it once the embargo ends today.

Brad Company

Zombie survival not really my thing, but I'm picturing a nice $10 price before the end of the year.

Jason

I'd never pay full price for it, but I'd grab it for $20 if it's anything like The Last of Us.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Ted

I'll probably pick it up on sale too.

Jason

Early reviews are not too impressive. May not even be worth the $20 I thought it was.

BDSooner72

Madden 20 coming with 10 college teams. Remember all the fun we had playing NCAA Football and me winning all those championships. Those were the days.  ;)

Jason

Just bought ATV Drift & Tricks for less than $5 on PSN. Never heard of it before and won't even be able to play it until tonight, but it looked pretty good in the YouTube videos I watched. I loved the old ATV Offroad Fury games on the PS2, so I couldn't pass this up for $5.

BDSooner72

Rage 2 is an amazing game. Ignore the reviews. If you like Doom 2016's combat with an open world setting this is the game for you. A lot of people say the world is empty and it can be to a degree but there are a ton of places to visit across the map. Combat is where the game shines. The gunplay is excellent and the abilities you gain over the course of the game will bring out the inner badass in you.  The driving is horrific, which is odd since it was made by the guys who made Mad Max. You only have to race once in the story and once you get used to the boost it is not that bad. Plus you can unlock a gyrocopter early on and avoid a bunch of the driving and just fly everywhere.

Jason

I'm annoyed that I missed the sale on Grip last week. The new "Air Blades" update looks amazing and is getting good reviews. I may have to jump back into RDR2 now that the HDR issue was fixed in last patch.

I also picked up GRID: Autosport digitally for the Xbox 360 for only $6.

BDSooner72

Just finished the third of six official Ninja Tracks in Trials Rising. I think that I have reached my skill limit at this point. Too hard on my thumb and just wears out the analog stick.  Ended up in the top 5% worldwide, same as the previous Trials games. One of the few games I am still competitive in. Still have plenty of user created tracks to try. Plus I have the season pass for all the new content coming down the road.

Most played game right now is the Division 2. Great game but it really went backwards in regards to how you upgrade guns and armor. Not even considering the Raid, since there is not matchmaking in game and most randoms do not use headsets, which is a must with most raids on a console.

Now I need to find some games to fill in the time between now and September when Borderlands 3 hits.  July has Wolfenstein: Youngblood but I am not seeing much else in the shooter category that interests me. Hopefully Doom Eternal get a surprise release date for the summer but will probably be end of year.

BDSooner72

Highly recommend you guys check out Farm Together. Especially if you liked the farming from Stardew Valley or the old Harvest Moon games. Great family game, co-op and is a relaxed version of building/growing a farm/ranch since there are animals to raise. The devs made some of the avatar games on the Xbox 360, including Avatar Farm.  They a really small team of 5 or 6 people from Spain.  What is refreshing about the game is they have been updating free content since release. 11th update for the Xbox version and each included not only fixes and community suggested improvements but new content each time. There are also a few cheap DLC's which I bought primarily to support the dev.  PS4 version came later but is caught up in terms of content. Switch version is way behind due to Nintendo being Nintendo. Steam version is the way to go if you want all the content as it has been around much longer.

Jason

I remember when my wife was hooked on Farmville when it came out, and she doesn't even play videogames. I always avoided games like that because I have enough shit to manager in the real world. I don't need any manufactured "chores" to take care of too. I could see my younger son enjoying it though.

BDSooner72

Have not played a platformer in quite some time but Ori and the Blind Forrest is a blast. Beautiful game and story. Ended up getting gamepass because the are so many games I wanted to try but never felt like purchasing.

Jason

I'm not a fan of subscription services, but I'd definitely get the Xbox Game Pass if I owned an Xbox console.