News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Brad Company

5TB the only way to go. 8)

Recent Beta breakdown;

Division2  Yay
Anthem  Nay.

Division 2 Beta runs great, the graphics are improved via HDR, the map is more varied, there are new skills, etc.
Massive did not dumb it down or try to reinvent the wheel, they've taken the best of Division 1 and brought it forward.

Anthem, on the other hand, the Beta runs like complete ass, the network structure is bad, there are loading screens EVERYWHERE, the enemies pop in and out and are completely braindead.
It feels like Mass Effect Andromeda with loot shooting added on, it's very crude and uninspiring. Might be good way down the road, but in its' current state, nope.

Jason

I'll end up grabbing the Division 2 when it drops in price. I replaced my disc version of the first one with a digital copy a while back even though I didn't play it much.

Brad Company

I can level you up with the quickness if you'd like.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on February 11, 2019 @ 10:38:51 AM
I can level you up with the quickness if you'd like.
I may take you up on that before my PS+ subscription runs out at the end of the month. I really do want to play this game but I got stuck on an early level long ago and never tried it again.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Brad Company

Name the place and time. We'll get you to level 30 in an hour or two. Game opens up big time after that.
You'll get all my drops as well as yours. At first you'll have to turtle up and let me clean house, as the enemies will scale to me.

Jason

Sounds like a plan. I hope you're patient.

Brad Company

Just picked up Fight Night Champion for PS3, forgot how good this game was. There is still a file to be found with about 50 awesome created fighters one can add to the game.
Amazing to think there hasn't been a boxing game since. And yeah, with the Division, it would be super easy to get you set up. You can also matchmake into any activity.

Jason

That game is amazing. I bought it digitally in December for the Xbox 360. It would probably be a day one purchase for me if a new version was released.

I'll get to try out my new headset online with The Division. It just arrived today and is charging right now.

Ted

Is FN Champion available digital download from PSN? 

Jason

Quote from: Ted on February 12, 2019 @ 01:55:24 PM
Is FN Champion available digital download from PSN?
Yes, and it's only $10.

Brad Company

The Boxer Share feature no longer is in service, and the DLC is janky as hell to try and get. You can only get it through the store portal in-game, and even then you may very well not get it.
The game does connect to the EA servers, and you can download the last tuner set, or so it says.

Jason

PSN is having another sale on PS+ subscriptions for $45 a year. I have $90 in my PSN wallet and am really thinking of getting this just for the cloud saves and game discounts.

Brad Company

You should. It's a good value.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on March 16, 2019 @ 02:38:35 AM
You should. It's a good value.
I joined for a year. I ended up buying on Amazon for the same price, but no tax.

Jason

My younger son has been hooked on this series on Amazon Prime called the Video Games Years. It's a 10-part series that covers gaming from 1980 - 1989. Because of that, we've been on a classic gaming binge for the past month.

Some of the games we've been playing are:

• Mortal Kombat 1 - 3, which I have digitally on the Xbox 360
  • Sega Genesis Classics on the Xbox 360
  • Midway Classics on the Xbox 360 (Root Beer Tapper has been getting the most play out of these games)
  • Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr. and Donkey Kong 3 on the Switch. These are the arcade versions and not the inferior NES ports.
  • Dragon's Lair on the Xbox 360 and PS4. My son loves watching me beat it. I was a stud at this game back when it was in arcades
  • Pac Man, Ms. Pac Man, Dig Dug and Galaga on the PS4
  • Double Dragon 1 and 2 on the PS4
  • Namco Museum #3 on the PS Vita: Mostly for Ms. Pac Man and Galaxian
  • Atari Flashback on the PS Vita: It has the arcade versions of Asteroids and Missile Command. I also beat Adventure on this. I didn't remember how to get the the magic dot to reach the "Created by Warren Robinett" easter egg screen.
  • Streets of Rage 1 - 3 digitally on the Xbox 360
  • The My Arcade handhelds I posted about here: https://www.digitalgamingnation.com/dgaorum/index.php?topic=627.msg6520#msg6520
Amazon Prime customers can now get a year of Switch Online for free, so we just started playing a bunch of those games a few days ago. I was able to get up to Super Macho Man in NES Punchout. It's amazing how you start remembering the patterns again once you start playing. The last time I played that game was probably 1989.
I also dug out the Activision Anthology on the PS2. I bought that game back in the PS2 days and never realized it had both Pitfall 1 and 2. I was able to complete Pitfall 2 after not playing it for 35 years.