News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Jason

I really like having the cloud saves now that I have 2 PS4s. It makes it much easier to sync settings and saves across the two. It also seems like they have more PS+ game discounts than they did in the past. I'm kind of annoyed I just missed on on the 25% off deal for a full year of PS+

Jason

I ended up buying Madden 19 Friday with my PS+ discount for $24 and have probably played it more during the past two days than I played 17 and 18 combined. Unlike NHL 19, RPM (real player motion) is very noticeable as soon as you play the game. About 90% of the time I absolutely love how it's implemented in the game. Unfortunately, it drives me crazy the other 10% of time.

There were apparently a lot more issues with RPM when Madden was first released, but from what I've read, they fixed the worst of them. My biggest issue is when your player jukes left or right when you're trying to just run diagonally away from a defender, which causes you to get tackled. It happens less frequently now that I'm becoming more familiar with the controls, but pisses me off those times it does still happen...especially when you're a few yards from the end zone.

The CPU is not free of these issues either. I've read complaints about the CPU running backs jogging instead of running and have seen this once so far. They also tend to juke too much behind the line of scrimmage, but this was apparently much worse before the game was patched.

Having said all that, I am enjoying it more than any past Madden I've played in a long time. I haven't played back-to-back games in Madden is years and I've done it three times this weekend with 19. When everything is working, it plays a great game of football. The lighting and colors may be one of the best upgrades in years and gives the game its most realistic look, especially on an HDR-capable TV. It almost makes previous Maddens look look cartoony with their bright, over-saturated colors.

I had my doubts about buying Madden this year, but so far I'm happy with it. The same with FIFA and NBA Live. NHL 19 has been the only EA Sports game I've been really disappointed with this year.

Ted

Two  Saturdays ago my power supply on my PC shorted out so I bought an identical replacement through Newegg.  Replacement arrived last week, but during the downtime I decided to get RDR2 on PS2 and it's a great game.

New PSU in last weekend and since then have jumped back into Elite Dangerous to check out the new exploration tools and grind for a few ships to try.  Also been down with the flu since Tuesday.  Ugh.

Jason

I noticed that you had been playing RDR2. What chapter are you up to? I'm still on chapter 4.

Feel better. Bad colds and stomach viruses have been working their way through everyone in my house for the past month. It would have probably been worse if we all didn't get flu shots.

Ted

I think I'm in the middle of Chapter 2.  I've been playing slow and just exploring as I go.

Brad Company

I quit a while ago. It's on the backburner, now.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on February 04, 2019 @ 01:54:49 AM
I quit a while ago. It's on the backburner, now.
Same here. I've been waiting on HDR and interface improvements, but it doesn't like like either are coming anytime soon...if at all.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Brad Company

Did you end up getting For Honor? It's free on Plus right now.

Jason

I did. I bought it last month for $10. I probably won't have PS+ much longer, so it works out better that way.

I am planning on buying AC: Odyssey for $30 with the PS+ discount this week.

Brad Company

I grabbed the Ezio collection for 10 bucks and Rogue remastered for 15, as well as Marching Fire for For Honor for 15.

Jason

Now you've got me considering the Ezio Collection to add to my growing list of unplayed AC games.

Jason

Quote from: Jason on February 06, 2019 @ 03:51:10 PM
Now you've got me considering the Ezio Collection to add to my growing list of unplayed AC games.

WTF...I ended up buying both the Ezio collection and Odyssey.

Jason

Quote from: Jason on February 06, 2019 @ 08:35:29 PM
Quote from: Jason on February 06, 2019 @ 03:51:10 PM

WTF...I ended up buying both the Ezio collection and Odyssey.

BTW, this is all Brad's fault ;)

Brad Company

I bought a bigger HDD just to hold all these unplayed games.

Jason

I upgraded my original PS4 internal drive to a 2TB drive before external drives were supported, and then added an external 2TB drive once external support was available. My new PS4 Slim has a 1TB internal drive along with a 4TB external drive attached to it.