News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on November 22, 2017 @ 04:41:39 PM
You sportsballers like NBA Live? It's only $15 right now.
As long as you're not looking for a deep franchise mode, I think you'll like it. The gameplay and graphics are great. Personally, I think it's a steal at that price.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Ted

I think NBA and FIFA are bundled for the sale too.

Jason

Quote from: Ted on November 22, 2017 @ 07:48:21 PM
I think NBA and FIFA are bundled for the sale too.
Yep. $40 for both games. Probably the best deal on the site right now.

Brad Company

I know y'all ain't Plus people, but $40 for 12 months is about as good as it's ever gonna get.

Ted

I'd go plus to square off against you guys in some sports games, but that's about it.  Imagine if we had had the ability to capture our NCAA 06 season and put it on youtube for posterity.  That would have been great.

Jason

Quote from: Ted on November 23, 2017 @ 06:50:47 PM
Imagine if we had had the ability to capture our NCAA 06 season and put it on youtube for posterity.  That would have been great.

Agreed. That would have been amazing. At least we still have the results: NCAA 06 Season

I'd also recommend Madden 18 for $30. Played a few more games last night and absolutely love it. It's a much better game than 17. The graphics, CPU QB play, line play and running game have all been improved from 17. I honestly can't remember that last time I enjoyed a Madden game this much.

Ted

Wow!  Thanks a bunch for that link.  I had no idea it existed.  Just reading those dates and scores brings back a lot of good memories.

I may be wrong, but I think the Opponent Season ended on the 1/13/2006 date with my win over Indiana.  If I remember correctly you were ahead pretty big in that game and I made a second half comeback to take that game.  The other two games after that were one offs?  Man that was a great time and I remember a lot of great and tense games as well as games against top 25 opponents that we knew we wouldn't win, but just tried to do our best.  Pretty cool that we got that season done in pretty much real time with the college football season as well.  We ran through. the whole thing from August to January.

Jason

I pulled those dates and scores from the old ladder site we used to record our games on. I don't know what the deal is with those last two games because I remember you winning the last game we played to take the championship. I remember you winning something like 5 in a row to finish the season, including the final game against Indiana.

It's possible the dates are just wrong because I know we both finished 11-11 and we never played the final tie-breaker game. I'm going to look for that old database again to see what the deal is.

Jason

Quote from: Jason on November 24, 2017 @ 07:18:14 PM
I pulled those dates and scores from the old ladder site we used to record our games on. I don't know what the deal is with those last two games because I remember you winning the last game we played to take the championship. I remember you winning something like 5 in a row to finish the season, including the final game against Indiana.

It's possible the dates are just wrong because I know we both finished 11-11 and we never played the final tie-breaker game. I'm going to look for that old database again to see what the deal is.

Just dug up the old database and those were the dates in there along with the confirmed dates matching them. I'm not sure if you remember, but the winner would record the score and the loser would then have to confirm it. I don't remember those games at all. I do remember the sting of losing that last game 11 years later.

Jason

Jason

My younger son and I will probably finish Uncharted: Lost Legacy tomorrow after putting it on hold for a while. He had gotten up to chapter 4 of 9 back when I first got it but then wanted to play through the first four Uncharted games again before finally restarting Lost Legacy this week.

Brad Company

Got the Madden 18 GOAT edition on sale, with Plus and the 10% off code going around, paid $16.
Figured the HDR alone was worth the upgrade.

Jason

Nice score...I really like Madden 18 and have enjoyed it more than any recent version.

Brad Company

Lol, NBA LIve is $4.49 right now. Why anyone would buy a game, especially sports, at launch, is beyond me. ;D

Jason

That's insane. There's no excuse for not picking it up at that price, although I felt the same when it was $10 a few weeks ago.