News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Jason

I may have to add Assassin's Creed: Origins to my wish list after hearing nothing but good things about it. Star Wars: Battlefront 2 is the only other game I'm interested in getting anytime soon. AC: Origins is going to be available for $30 at a few places on Black Friday, and hopefully there will be some deals on SW: BF 2 this holiday season too.

Brad Company

I jumped on Origins today with the pre BF sale. Early Xmas, hohoho. :)) Went all in with the Gold. Game is more combat+rpg elements, so I think it may be more my kinda thing.

Jason

I'm assuming those sale prices will be available to non-PS+ subscribers on the 22nd. At least that's what I'm hoping for.

Brad Company

The Great Unwashed Sale starts Friday, I believe.

Brad Company

Yeah, Origins is a reboot of the formula. Feels much more like an open world RPG with good combat. I like this direction.
Graphically, this game is at or near the top, really feels next-gen in that respect. It was between this and HZD, I'm pretty happy with the choice.

Jason

I'm planning on buying the disc version on BF for $35 at Target...or Amazon if they match the price.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Jason

The PS Store deals are now available to everyone as of this afternoon. Now I'm debating if I should buy the digital version of AC: Origins for $42 or get the disc version for $35 on Black Friday...

Ted

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on November 20, 2017 @ 07:26:23 PM
It was between this and HZD, I'm pretty happy with the choice.

Horizon is only $20. Why not get both?

Jason

I just bought Origins and Madden 18 from the PS store. I was planning on skipping Madden this year, but the latest patch is getting very positive reviews.

Ted

I saw the Madden price and was tempted as well.

Jason

I've only played one game so far, but I was pretty impressed. I can't remember that last time I was able to get through the 2nd quarter in 2017 without getting bored, but 2018 head my attention the whole time. It looks great with HDR enabled too.

The biggest gameplay complaint about this year's game was quarterbacks not scrambling, but this was apparently fixed in yesterday's patch. I played against the Jets and Josh McCown attempted to run quite a few times and even got a first down on third and 4, so it looks like the patch did what it was supposed to do.

The next price drop will most likely be close to the Super Bowl when it drops to $20. I figured it was worth the extra $10 to have it now since most of the patches have already been released.

Brad Company

Quote from: Jason on November 21, 2017 @ 05:01:18 PM

Quote from: Brad Company on November 20, 2017 @ 07:26:23 PM
It was between this and HZD, I'm pretty happy with the choice.

Horizon is only $20. Why not get both?

I see that now, wasn't that cheap the other day. I set aside $35 for D2 expansion pass, looks like I'm gonna switch that to HZD plus the DLC. XYZPDQ.

Brad Company

Brad Company

You sportsballers like NBA Live? It's only $15 right now.