News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Brad Company

It's on my radar. Should be a good pickup @ $15 or $20 in a few months.

Ted

Got FIFA 18 and downloading to play starting tomorrow.  Couldn't resist after watching some youtubes and trying the demo.

Won the World Series in 2022 with my Brewers franchise.  Let my #1 (Monty Stuart {fictional first time free agent 6 years MLB service}) and #3 (Michael Pineda {34 years old, 11 years MLB service}) starters go to free agency and will start a couple of rookies in the #4  and #5 slots while everyone else moves up.  Stuart was a 90 rating and Pineda was 83.  I could have re-signed the 29 year old Stuart for a very reasonable 14.5M/year, but I needed to free up some salary space with some other players coming into their arbitration years.  Lineup remains unchanged as everyone is still under team control with less that 6 years of MLB service or are free agents still under contract.  I'm heavy with position players in the middle 60's ratings with B potential, especially outfielders, so I need to make some trades to stretch out the pipeline a little.  I foresee a postseason position, but it will be hard to repeat as my pitching will be a downgrade from 2022.

Jason

I've been playing a lot of the FIFA and PES demos lately. Let me know what you think of the full game.

I think I would have re-signed a 90-rated, 29 year old pitcher for $14.5M a year. How many years was the contract for?

Ted

I'm sure I passed up a reasonable deal for him.  He had fantastic K ability and I think he only wants 5 or 6 years.  But he was a little injury prone and only pitched 170 innings for me in the #1 spot.  I have 3 young, team controlled (less than 6 years service) pitchers now in the 1 through 3 spots and they are rated 87, 85, and 83.  The current #4 and #5 starters are 79 and 78 so I have a very decent staff that is cheap.  I have a great hitting catcher that was FA eligible that I wanted to make sure I could sign.  Also had some arbitration eligible players that were pretty much going to double their salaries from 2022.  It wasn't that he wasn't worth it, just that he was the most expendable considering my depth I guess.  I have a stack of pitchers coming up behind him over the next two or three seasons that I would need to trade away if I signed him.  So I went with the financial decision over the ratings one.

Now you're making me second guess my decision, lol.  Maybe I'll try to sign him out of the FA market anyway  :o

Edit:  So I looked and he wants 6 years.  My 1-5 are 87,86,84,80,and 78 and the total salary for them combined is 11.2 million.  1 under arbitration and FA eligible end of 2023.  One arbitration eligible end of 2023. The other 3 will just have renewable contracts.  I'm sticking with my plan man!

Jason

Now that you've given me some more info, I agree with your decision. I'd never give a pitcher a 6-year contract (4 max), especially an injury-prone one. Your 1 through 3 are decently rated too, making the decision even easier.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on September 28, 2017 @ 06:47:45 PM
It's on my radar. Should be a good pickup @ $15 or $20 in a few months.

I've heard so many mixed comments about 2K18 this year, so I'm glad I went with Live 18. By time you end up buying it, it'll be an even better game after EA releases some patches for it. I know from conversations in the past that you're not crazy about the complicated controls in 2K, so I really think you'll like the simpler controls in Live.

Brad Company

What if I told you...I bought the latest Call of Duty?  :))

Jason

I'm shocked ;) My son got it too.

My copy of PES 2018 arrived today. I haven't played the demo in a while and forgot how much better this year's game look and played.

Ted

Quote from: Brad Company on November 04, 2017 @ 10:50:35 AM
What if I told you...I bought the latest Call of Duty?  :))

I've got some leftover funds in my steam wallet from a couple of refunded shit games and I'm so tempted.  I'd only be interested in the single player though.  Are you playing through the story?  If so how is it?

After going hard on FIFA for the last few weeks I've backed off a bit.  I still play a game or two every night, but I've been spending more time with Shadow of War and getting into the story there.  It started off a bit slow for me, but it's ramping up now.  I was a huge fan of Shadow of Mordor, probably my all time favorite game.

Brad Company

I am only dimly aware of the "single player" aspect of the game. :)) I hear it is decent but short, about 6 or 7 hours, the usual thrillride experience with QTEs, etc.

Jason

Target messed up and sent me the Ronaldo Edition of FIFA 18.

Ted, let me know if you want the digital code included with it because I don't use any of that stuff or even know what it is. It includes:

• Up to 20 Jumbo Premium Gold Packs (1 per week for 20 weeks)
  • Cristiano Ronaldo loan (5 FUT Matches)
  • 8 Special Edition FUT kits
I'll send you a PM with the code if you want it.

Ted

Is it a separate code from the game that just gives those 3 bonuses?  I would use the gold packs definitely so I'll take it if it's possible to separate from your game.

Jason

Yeah, it's a digital code for the PlayStation Store. I'll send you a PM with it now.

Ted

Jason

You're welcome. Glad you could use it.