News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Ted

Well my left handed setup man, 36yo Antonio Bastardo went down today with a torn rotator cuff.  This ends his season, and I imagine his career as well.

I picked him up in the off season before the 2021 season and he pitched 60 innings of slightly below average relief, posting a 2-5 record and 5.70 ERA.  This season he looked like he was returning to the form he had with PIT and NYM, going 3-0 over 23 innings and posting a 2.35 ERA.

Another benefit of simming 80% of the games is that I get to see and manage plenty of injuries.

Jason

Been playing the PES 2018 demo since I got back from vacation and really like it. The graphics and player control have been improved a lot since 2017. I plan on buying it when it drops to $40 digitally.

The NBA Live 18 demo was also patched this week and plays even better now. I'm tempted to buy it at the discounted pre-order price of $40, but I know it's going to drop in price quickly, so I'll hold off until that happens.

Finally, I think I'm going to buy NASCAR Heat Evolution 2 when it's released. I can get it for $40 from Amazon and the videos I've seen have convinced me it's probably worth a shot at that price.

Brad Company

Just checked, I've put in 859 hours in The Division. :o

Jason

I don't know if I should be impressed or concerned for you ;)

Jason

I gave in and ordered NASCAR Heat 2 since I was able to get it for only $40 from Amazon. Hopefully I won't be disappointed next week.

Brad Company

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on September 06, 2017 @ 06:58:15 PM
Destiny2 is amazeballs.
Are you having issues with it crashing? I heard there were issues with it crashing on the PS4 Pro.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Jason

Quote from: Jason on September 06, 2017 @ 11:24:08 PM
Quote from: Brad Company on September 06, 2017 @ 06:58:15 PM
Destiny2 is amazeballs.
Are you having issues with it crashing? I heard there were issues with it crashing on the PS4 Pro.

Here's the link to the story:

http://twinfinite.net/2017/09/destiny-2-ps4-pro-crash/

Brad Company

I think that has been folks with the Pro@1080p. Rock solid 4K presentation for me.

Jason

Really thinking about getting NBA Live 18 this week. I know I said I was going to wait for a price drop, but $42.95 digitally on release day is not a bad price.

Brad Company

That's a risky move, compadre.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on September 09, 2017 @ 03:39:54 PM
That's a risky move, compadre.
I'm feeling a little crazy this week...

Jason

I went ahead and pre-ordered the digital version of NBA Live 18 from PSN today. Getting to use the Rockets in the demo put me over the edge. Looking forward to the full game on Friday, along with NASCAR Heat 2 on Tuesday.

Next in line will be PES 2018, FIFA 18, WWE 2K18, Project CARS 2 and F1 2017 once they are available for $40 digitally, which will probably be in November.

Jason

I was credited $5 on my PSN account since pre-orders of NBA Live 18 won't be available until 11am today while people who ordered it after midnight were able to download and play it right away even though they paid the full $60 for it, instead of the pre-order price of $40.

I was asleep long before midnight and didn't have any time to play this morning, so this was a nice bonus for me. That brought the price down to a cool $35 for a day-one digital purchase.

Jason

Really enjoying Live 18. I hate to repeat what I've heard most other people say, but it's simply a lot of fun to play...that's the best way to describe it. The uncomplicated controls and the great graphics really stand out. It's also the first basketball that makes playing defense fun.