News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Jason

They really hyped the move to Frostbite with Madden, but what I've seen hasn't been that impressive in regards to graphics or gameplay. I'll probably pick it up for $20 before the 2018 Super Bowl. I've been playing Madden every year since 1991, so I'm also a little burned out on it.

I did forget to mention two other games I'm interested in, but won't buy until they drop drop to $40...F1 2017 and WWE 2K18. The gameplay videos of WWE 2K18 really showed improved graphics and animations.

Jason

Redout is another one I'm keeping my eye on. Will probably wait for a price drop before purchasing though.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Brad Company

Between now and Xmas, only Destiny2 and CoD for me. Gotta get to my backlog at some point, too, lol.

Jason

It looks like HDR is only supported in the PS4 Pro version of F1 2017, which is very disappointing.

Brad Company

HDR in non-Pro versions is going to remain unicorn-rare. Netflix PS4 app updated, and now has HDR support for base and pro, I think.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on August 26, 2017 @ 02:45:32 PM
HDR in non-Pro versions is going to remain unicorn-rare. Netflix PS4 app updated, and now has HDR support for base and pro, I think.

I'm gonna have to check that out. I've yet to see a movie/show in HDR and really would like to.

Jason

I didn't realize that Project Cars 2 comes out September 22nd. That's going to be hard to wait on for a price drop before buying. I'm considering NASCAR Heat Evolution 2 on the 12th since I can get it for $39.99 from Amazon. So far, it seems like a nice improvement over the first game, which I did have enough will-power to never buy, even with all the price drops.

Brad Company

Quote from: Jason on August 26, 2017 @ 03:42:58 PM
Quote from: Brad Company on August 26, 2017 @ 02:45:32 PM

I'm gonna have to check that out. I've yet to see a movie/show in HDR and really would like to.

HDR is the killer app. Makes everything so much more real and vibrant. Add it to 4K/UHD, and it's magic.

Ted

Finally got a rare day off since 4th of July and fired up The Show 17.  Picked up my continuing Brewers franchise where I left off at May 12, 2022.  As usual I sim the 1 though 4 starters and play the games as the 5th starter.  This season it's the fictional 29 year old Clayton Petty. 

Petty pitched 15 innings as a September call-up for the White Sox in 2015, spent most of 2016 and all of 2017 in the minors before being traded to the Dodgers in 2018.  That year he started 15 games for the Dodgers going 5-2 with a 3.13 ERA.  He then spent the majority of the next two seasons in the minors posting an unimpressive 1-2 record and 6.86 ERA in 2020.

2021 saw a move to the Brewers where he secured a spot at the bottom of the rotation posting a record of 10-11 with 4.97 ERA over 32 starts.

He started 2022 a disappointing 0-2 in 6 starts and posting an ERA of 4.85 over 20.2 innings.  On 5/12 though he finally posted his first win of the season with an impressive complete game shut-out of the Giants which included 11 K's.  The Brewers improve to 20-15 while the Giants fall to 18-18 on the year.

Jason

This video pretty much convinced me to buy NASCAR Heat 2 when it's released:

Jason

Nobody does gaming like you Ted. I've always enjoyed the way you play sports games and the intricate rules you come up with. It's nice to read about people enjoying games rather than complaining about the tiny details all the time.

Quote from: Ted on August 27, 2017 @ 03:27:14 PM
Finally got a rare day off since 4th of July and fired up The Show 17.  Picked up my continuing Brewers franchise where I left off at May 12, 2022.  As usual I sim the 1 though 4 starters and play the games as the 5th starter.  This season it's the fictional 29 year old Clayton Petty. 

Petty pitched 15 innings as a September call-up for the White Sox in 2015, spent most of 2016 and all of 2017 in the minors before being traded to the Dodgers in 2018.  That year he started 15 games for the Dodgers going 5-2 with a 3.13 ERA.  He then spent the majority of the next two seasons in the minors posting an unimpressive 1-2 record and 6.86 ERA in 2020.

2021 saw a move to the Brewers where he secured a spot at the bottom of the rotation posting a record of 10-11 with 4.97 ERA over 32 starts.

He started 2022 a disappointing 0-2 in 6 starts and posting an ERA of 4.85 over 20.2 innings.  On 5/12 though he finally posted his first win of the season with an impressive complete game shut-out of the Giants which included 11 K's.  The Brewers improve to 20-15 while the Giants fall to 18-18 on the year.

Ted

Thanks for the kind words, Jason.  I really like the sim 4, play 1 method so I can get through a whole season in a reasonable amount of time.  And I found it to be the most fun using the bottom rotation guy because I get more ups and downs, streaks and slumps with these mediocre guys.  Petty is rated a 78, marginal starting pitcher by the game standards.  The fact that I got a shutout with him really surprised me.

On the flip side, my best player is 28yo 3B Joey Gallo that I re-signed last year to a big contract (27M/year for 5 years).  He now has 24 HR's through 39 games.  He's such a monster right now. I was really nervous paying out that contract, but so far it's paying off.  94 (98 due to morale boost) overall, 98 power vs righties.

Ted

:)) And, as expected, Petty immediately regresses to the mean in his next start.  The Brewers lose to the Marlins 6-3.  Petty lasted 3 innings, giving up all 6 runs in the first two innings on two-run and solo homers in the first, followed by a three-run double in the second. 

Being a 5th starter is fabulous! ;D

Brad Company

Ted