News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Jason

BDSooner72

The one I am currently looking at.  Comes with the new Tomb Raider game which I was already going to buy.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019TYEXC8/ref=s9_simh_hd_bw_b73oV9v_p63_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-1&pf_rd_r=4XPGKWQQA3D9T6HR54HY&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=2530893662&pf_rd_i=6469295011

Oddly enough I checked my old Xbox Account and there is still $12 to spend. Which makes me feel a bit better for losing the $5 I had in the PSN store.  ^-^

Jason

Did you make the switch to the Xbox One yet?

BDSooner72

Thursday or Friday.  Looking forward to playing the newest Tomb Raider game.

Jason

It's really a shame that you have to lose your entire PS4 digital library. I hope Sony and Microsoft come up with some way to sell your digital games in the future. I know Microsoft is working on some type of trade-in program for digital purchases, but that's no help if you switch platforms.

There are new rumors of a PS4 slim bring released soon, so I wouldn't be shocked if you grabbed one of those when they become available.

BDSooner72

If I go with another Sony it will be the Neo, assuming the price is not crazy. Though to be honest I am probably sticking to the Xbox and will buy the Scorpio down the road.  I am going back to discs, as a Prime Member the deals are too good to give up.

Plan to pick mine up today.  The 1TB with The Division for $299.99 plus you get a free controller, so it's a damn good deal. Makes the console just barely over $200.00 plus it's 1TB.

Ted

If he got a new PS4 wouldn't his digital library just migrate to the new console?

Jason

Yes. Digital purchases are linked to your PSN ID. The only thing he'd have to do is re-download his games onto the new console.

I just found out today that digital purchases made from Nintendo's eShop don't transfer as easily. They're linked to the hardware and your Nintendo ID. There's a transfer tool to migrate digital licenses, but it's not the most user-friendly experience and becomes more complicated if your previous console/handheld is lost or not working.

BDSooner72

Got my XB1 and some games...

Rise of the Tomb Raider: This was the big one.  Will get the season pass down the road.
Fallout 4/Season pass (repurchase but I really wanted to play with mods) just found out a day ago Bethesda wont be releasing mods anytime soon for the PS4, so this actually worked out well.
Inside, made by guy who created Limbo.
Borderlands Handsome Jack Collection: Again... but there are a couple DLC's I never finished.
Borderlands 1 from the Xbox 360: I have only played this once and was right before my final 360 shot craps, really looking forward to playing with Roland or Brick.
The Golf Club: Another repurchase but I like the devs and looking forward to The Golf Club 2.
Sunset Overdrive: This was $10 new. It looks interesting but not expecting much from it.

Took the copy of the Division out of the box and traded it in. Not going back to that game, it was fun for the single player stuff but it paid for Sunset Overdrive. Once nice thing about Gamestop is their bundles only include physical copies, for obvious reasons. Worked for me.

I really like that they have game previews now.  Going to try out early versions of ARK: Survival Evolved and The Long Dark for free.  Also backwards compatibility with many 360 games is great. Appears I bought quite a few digital games that are on the list.  May never use it much but it is nice that it is there.

Ted

Just completed the campaign in The Flame in the Flood and I really liked this game.  Highly recommended.

Jason

Quote from: Ted on July 17, 2016 @ 11:26:20 PM
Just completed the campaign in The Flame in the Flood and I really liked this game.  Highly recommended.

PC or PS4 version?

BDSooner72

There is only a PC and XB1 version.  I have it on my watch list but waiting on a price drop.

Ted

Ted

Just started my 7th franchise season with the Brewers in MLB 16 The Show and this weekend spending time in newly purchased No Man's Sky.

Brad Company

Destiny, Division, and Borderlands 2 for me right now. Also messing about in Mortal Kombat X.