News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

BDSooner72

I have read that playing missions on Normal it is much easier to beat them as a single player or with one other player. Three or more and the difficulty and amount of enemies spike dramatically.

Brad Company

Everything seems to scale nicely. I think co-op play is the heart of the game, actually.

BDSooner72

It is definitely a must for the Dark Zone. I gave it a shot last night and went lone wolf. There was plenty of ass-kicking, mostly by the over-leveled purple colored AI that relentlessly came at me in droves. These guys are far more aggressive and deal way more damage. This is not a place to go it alone, though I got my fair share of kills in before dying over and over. Typical that my first human encounter the person (already rogue) shot at me on sight. He made the mistake of getting trapped next to a wall after spending a couple minutes of dodging and rolling each other. Sticky bomb took him down, a few more shots to end it before he could tap out with a manual respawn.  Fortunately I did find a couple other humans that were waiting for the chopper to extract their goodies and while not grouped I was able to take advantage of their presence to get one lowly green trinket on the chopper.  So I got my achievements for killing a rogue, actually trying the Dark Zone and a successful weapon extraction.

The regular missions have been great. The one where you fight in a department store (Broadway Emporium) is special. Hard as nails, especially the last part but the atmosphere is what makes it special.

BDSooner72

Up to level 16 and just started seeing some purple stuff.  Just need to finish the Clinton area and it is off to the other side of the map.

BDSooner72

Level 30. All upgrades to the base complete and one maybe two main missions left. Plus all the side/extra missions of the final three areas. The late game was not designed for the single player in mind. Once you start fighting with the LMB (Private Military Group) the JTF no longer says we can beat these guys, they are unorganized. They are very organized, grenades that are like nuclear bombs and they have one the goes off two or three times, one right after the other in different locations. They use turrets, roaming grenades and will shotgun rush you just like the Rikers but with a ton of armor on.

Small Spoiler, speaking of those pricks.

Russian Consulate boss.  Used up all my ammo and grenades taking out all the lesser minions. Get trapped in an area that allowed me to roll around a curve and nothing else (I was fortunate to have that to escape the roaming grenades and limiting their impact). So all I have is a Magnum and Sticky bomb to fight this guy because an attempt to get to the restock box would be certain death. Roughly 30 minutes later, after self healing myself what seemed like 50 times and waiting out the 60 second cooldown of the Sticky Bomb roughly the same amount of times, I finally took him out. The Magnum just tickled the guy and was used mostly to take out the 10 or so turrets he dropped. Easily the most difficult boss fight I have ever faced, primarily due to my limited weaponry. The self heal is the only reason I survived as I had no medkits and he took me down to my last bit of health a dozen or more times.

So if you dare to go it alone, the two skills I have used the whole way is the self heal (40 second cooldown) and the Sticky Bomb (60 second version that was upgraded). Both come highly recommended.

BDSooner72

Got my primary weapon up to 85,000DPS and both guns have all the skills unlocked. Made a Gold Pistol. Sold some crack to my neighbor. Played a bunch of Dark Zone with randoms and a few of the "Hard" challenges with randoms. Still think it was more challenging on normal by myself but they definitely toss a crap load of purple and yellow enemies at you on hard. If you are teamed up with guys with any end game experience, it will be a cake walk. There is one higher difficulty but I will pass as it appears to be fairly brutal.

Going to back away from the game a bit now that I have completed all the missions. Still dislike playing with randoms and the Dark Zone does nothing for me. Will pop in every so often to collect all the intel. There is also a new event that has popped up that looks to be free (another mission?) that says coming soon.

Got my moneys worth but the end game stuff is just redundant. I would prefer to see more areas of the city opened up with more missions.

Jason

Haven't been able to play anything for the past two weeks, but finally got to play Uncharted 3 this morning and got up to chapter 20 of 22. Once I finish it up I'll finally be able to try out The Division, which I haven't even played yet.

Jason

Quote from: Jason on March 20, 2016 @ 01:01:47 PM
Haven't been able to play anything for the past two weeks, but finally got to play Uncharted 3 this morning and got up to chapter 20 of 22. Once I finish it up I'll finally be able to try out The Division, which I haven't even played yet.

...and done. Going to go against the popular consensus and say that the third one was the best, followed by two and then one.

I wish they had an option to select a chapter to play again after beating the game.

BDSooner72

Bought Casey Powell Lacrosse, it was $5 off for PSN+ users but still a steep $44.99 for most gamers.  I have been buying this guys game since he was making those little XBLA titles. He has now teamed with a little bigger studio and you can see this is a far more polished game, outside of the framerate hiccups. A full career mode as coach or player, with a community that has already created all the real college and pro teams. Not only are they created, the first thing you can do in the game is replace all the teams with the most popular ones automatically. Logos are limited to fictional ones but everything else looks really good. It also copies the EA NHL control scheme so you will feel at home with this game. Also like EA NHL games I suck at the faceoffs or whatever they are called in lacrosse.

Also bought NBA Live 16. Had a craving for hoops and was not going to give money to anything Spike Lee was behind. It has been years since I played a Live game so it will be interesting to see how it goes.

Jason

Quote from: BDSooner72 on April 01, 2016 @ 07:10:11 PM
Also bought NBA Live 16. Had a craving for hoops and was not going to give money to anything Spike Lee was behind. It has been years since I played a Live game so it will be interesting to see how it goes.

I think you may be pleasantly surprised by Live 16.

BDSooner72

I wanted it to be but...  Let's hope Spike is not involved in the next years 2K game.  Live 16 just feels barren in comparison. No historic teams. Limited cameras and none have any customization and lack the ability ability to zoom in when in the paint. That is just basic stuff right there and this is the third edition of the game this gen. You are always too far from the basket. Gameplay is tolerable but player movement leaves much to be desired. So many animation issues I could not even list all my problems.  Whoever decided to let the AI make a bunch of special dribble moves for the player you are controlling to get it past midcourt needs a kick in the nuts. On offense the right stick is fairly handy and one of the few positive things I can say about it but is not that different from 2K other than being a little easier to make fancy moves. Passing is hit or miss and there is a ton of jank out there. Three times in a game a player shot from under the basket hitting the back side. It's an offensive game out of the box with plenty of dunks and drives to the hoop. Defense stance (L2) and animations are just flat out horrible compared to the competition. Commentary is just piss poor. If I hear Van Gundy ever again it will be too soon.

Starting to feel like if there is no gunplay involved, I get really bored fast.  ;D

Brad Company

Quote from: BDSooner72 on April 02, 2016 @ 08:44:10 AM

Starting to feel like if there is no gunplay involved, I get really bored fast.  ;D

Join the club, lol.

BDSooner72

So anyone getting excited for Uncharted 4?

Jason

Quote from: BDSooner72 on May 05, 2016 @ 07:30:38 PM
So anyone getting excited for Uncharted 4?

Absolutely!!! Especially now that the early reviews have been great. I'm being careful about what I read because I don't want to accidentally read any spoilers.

Brad Company

Would be interested in the multiplayer; otherwise, I can wait a long time to knock out the story.