News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on March 07, 2016 @ 06:54:15 PM
You are a single-player adventure animal ;D

That's not the first time I've been called that ;)

BDSooner72

Just in time for The Division. It was a rough start at first. You had to activate your shooter at the first safe house and it was broken for about 5 hours, not allowing you to start a single mission. Finally got to play the game and got through Brooklyn and working my way to the main safe house in Manhattan. Really need to bone up on my shooting skills from 3rd person. It took a couple times to beat the first boss-like character.

Jason

My copy didn't make it today. I really wish digital would try to compete more with disc sales on price.

BDSooner72

Quote from: Jason on March 08, 2016 @ 07:03:34 PM
My copy didn't make it today. I really wish digital would try to compete more with disc sales on price.

Did not pay tax on it. It's not much but it beats getting my fat ass off the couch to switch discs.  ;)   

Made it to lvl 6 so far. Pretty much back to where I ended with the demo, plus the beginning stuff which was new. I did the Madison Square Garden mission in two tries, so I am improving a bit. The guys who throw fire bombs are the biggest pain so far.

Jason

I may have to start doing that. It looks like my order from Amazon was lost so now they're sending me a replacement for tomorrow. I've had more issues with them in the past 6 months than I've had the previous 17 years I've been shopping there.

BDSooner72

My Prime expires at the end of the month and I will not be renewing.  I was mainly using it for Prime videos but there are not enough exclusives to sway me away from Netflix. Only thing I buy are PSN codes because I refuse to give Sony my CC info. It's still tax free on both Amazon and when I purchase through the Sony store.

Jason

My Prime keeps getting extended because they keep adding months every time I complain. I'm up to 7 additional months free since November. I'm still hoping to get two copies out of this mess.

I do the exact same thing as you...I don't trust Sony with my CC info, so I buy my codes (tax free) from Amazon to purchase items on PSN (also tax free).

Brad Company

BDSooner72

Might be glad you have had to wait for the game because it has become quite the clusterfuck tonight. Three times I have started a mission, each time getting to the boss and getting disconnected. Forced to sit in a queue each time (5-minute wait) only to get thrown back to the beginning of a mission. All the while I am playing single player. Why do companies not allow for an offline mode for those who are not using matchmaking or playing in the Dark Zone?  >:(

Edit: Apparently they are undergoing maintenance. Which makes it even more confusing as to why I was able to get to the boss three time. Also there was no on-screen warning and who does maintenance at 12PM Central Time the second day of launch?

Brad Company

Finally started in on the Division. Made level 6, picking up randoms for the main missions. Took 3-4 hours.
Leveling the gear and abilities is pretty smooth and intuitive. Gunplay is tight, the biggest thing is to adjust to flow and pace of combat.
You need help for the main missions,either with friends or matchmaking. I am going to wait until I'm at least 10 or 11 to go into the DZ.

Jason

Hopefully my copy arrives today so we can all meetup online this weekend.

BDSooner72

My only real complaint in gear is that you have to manually remove gun accessories when you sell or scrap, otherwise they are lost forever. Would be nice to have an option to instantly remove accessories. Which brings the question. Are you selling or scrapping? I went the scrap route since the standard and green items do not make you a load of cash.

Almost level 9 and beat the main missions to open up all the wings of the main HQ. The cleaners are the only real trouble for me as the flamethrower has some serious distance on it and tends to find it's way through objects that fire is not supposed to travel through.  Absolutely loving the game and there are some neat little touches as you roam the mean streets of NY. Dog pooping in the street and kicking it made me laugh so hard the first time I saw it.  ^-^

Just can't play with randoms.  I like to go slow an easy and search every nook and cranny. It's rare to find someone that wants to play that way. Some of the best gear I have found in the game are in out of the way places within missions.

BDSooner72

Quote from: Jason on March 10, 2016 @ 08:04:56 AM

After watching you play Destiny...  I think I will keep going it alone.  ;)

Jason

Quote from: BDSooner72 on March 10, 2016 @ 08:19:25 AM
Quote from: Jason on March 10, 2016 @ 08:04:56 AM

After watching you play Destiny...  I think I will keep going it alone.  ;)

f::g

So, you've been able to pretty much get through all the missions on your own?

BDSooner72

Yeah, it has not been a problem so far. Playing solo in missions just requires taking some time and using the right upgrades. The self med and sticky bomb have been my go to skills. With the self med you do not have to depend on medkits as much as long as you can hold out for the cooldown. With a sticky bomb I can usually take out two regular enemies at the start of each checkpoint. Really helpful in taking out one side of enemies to avoid being flanked. Safe to say I spend a lot of time in cover and do not run and gun. The cleaners on the other hand tend to force me to improvise as they are very aggressive and where I die the most.