News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Brad Company

Yeah, man it makes your console roar like a jet.

Jason

Quote from: Jason on July 08, 2015 @ 09:33:52 AM
With a little help from my son, I finished Arkham Knight last night.

I'm having more fun with the game doing all the side missions than the actual story. It's most likely because the gameplay is closer to the older games and doesn't rely too heavily on the batmobile. What's surprising is that the side missions added up are probably equal in length to the main story. You don't often see that, especially in today's age pf paid DLC.

Slumberland

Has anyone else checked out Rocket League yet? Oh my is it fun. Played some pickup 3v3 online last night. Laggy at times but such a hoot and easy to get into.

For those unfamiliar, it's soccer with jet-powered cars.

Jason

Quote from: Slumberland on July 18, 2015 @ 11:32:07 AM
Has anyone else checked out Rocket League yet? Oh my is it fun. Played some pickup 3v3 online last night. Laggy at times but such a hoot and easy to get into.

For those unfamiliar, it's soccer with jet-powered cars.

I've added it to my library but I haven't downloaded and tried it yet.

Jason

I just made a short video of my three best shots in The Golf Club. I've been hooked on this game lately.

http://youtu.be/r3qfE-Rh17I

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on July 09, 2015 @ 09:39:15 PM
Anyone trying Rocket League? It's multi-player, so I'm guessing no. ;D

I finally downloaded it this weekend since the new patch came out and really like it. I suck big-time but it's very addicting. I had a hard time scoring with no opponents on the field at first but started getting the hang of it after a while. I can definitely see this being a fun online game.

Also been playing Madden 15 on PS4 since I never finished my season, so I'm doing that now. I've been enjoying it so much that I went ahead and pre-ordered 16 since it's only $49.99 for Amazon.com Prime members. Amazon might be onto something big with these Prime member discounts.

Finally, I've been playing a lot of FIFA World Cup 2014 on XB360. I actually prefer the graphics and gameplay of this over the FIFA 15 PS4 demo.

Jason

Rocket League Patch Notes v1.04 (just released about an hour ago)

• Added “Supersonic Fury” DLC Pack Support, including…

•       
    • (DLC) Exclusive “Dominus” and “Takumi” Battle-Cars
    • (DLC) Six Decals for each new vehicle
    • (DLC) Five new paint types: “Brushed Metal, Carbon Fiber, Metallic Pearl, Pearlescent,” and “Wood”
    • (DLC) Two new Wheels: “Cristiano” and “Spinner”
    • (DLC) Two new Rocket Boosts: “Burnout” and “Nitrous”
  • Added “Utopia Coliseum” Arena
  • Added “Spectate” to “Choose Team” menu in “Private Matches,” allowing players the option to watch games rather than participate (3v3 match-type maximum)
  • Added 70+ new Country Flags and three “Sorry” items for our overloaded launch servers (“Servergate” Wheels, “Disconnected” Antenna, and “White Flag”)
  • Added 3v3 Team Ranked as a replacement for 3v3 Solo the Online match queue
  • Ranked matches will no longer start if the game is not full
  • Added the ability to create or join Private Matches that can be named and/or password-protected
  • Added “Vote to Forfeit” button to “Ranked” online matches
  • Up to four Party member’s Battle-Cars can now be displayed on the Menu screens

Jason

It's been a busy few weeks for me but I did end up buying FIFA 15 a few weeks ago for the PS4. I've been on some big soccer kick (no pun intended) for the past month, but I had no intention of paying full price for FIFA 16, which comes out in a few weeks. I'm not a long-time FIFA player so I most likely wouldn't even notice the upgrades to this year's version.

I had intended to buy Madden 16 due to the updated passing game this year and the $10 discount for Amazon Prime members, but I ended up canceling my order right before it shipped Sunday night. Amazon issued me another $10 credit for apparently missing the release day delivery (even though I cancelled my order), so I ended up buying it for $40 with the two discounts...it'll be here tomorrow. Surprisingly, the game is not getting ripped to shreds this year on most of the sports gaming sites.

As far as future purchases go, NBA Live is the only sports title on my horizon. I'm skipping NBA 2K16 due to the ridiculous influence of Spike Lee and I think Live is going to be a huge improvement this year. I would have played last year's game much more if it had sliders. Having said all that, I have no intention of paying full price for it and will have time to see plenty of reviews before a price drop.

My most anticipated game of the fall is The Nathan Drake Collection. I've never played any of the first three games but loved the Vita version of Uncharted. Apparently a lot of work is being put into these remasters, so I'm pretty excited about it.

Star Wars: Battlefront and The Witcher 3 will round out my purchases for the fall.

Brad Company

You're in for a treat with the Uncharted titles.
Destiny re-launch/expansion will keep me busy till November at least.
Then it's Blops3/Battlefront. Plus I gotta squeeze in some time with Borderlands Handsome Collection.
Round that all out with some BF4 and CoD throwback titles, and sheesh :P

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on August 26, 2015 @ 04:56:47 PM
You're in for a treat with the Uncharted titles.

I know I am, which is why the wait is killing me. The hard part is going to be finding the time to complete not one, not two, but three full games.

Jason

I forgot to include Assassin's Creed Syndicate and the possible purchase of the new Need for Speed.

Brad Company

I have to at least play some more Unity and start Rogue before getting Syndicate.
I'll be ready when that one hits the 'ol $20 price point.

Slumberland

Ok I finally finished the main story in Arkham Knight this weekend and am going to try and complete the side stuff and even bought the season pass while it's on sale mostly because I'm a sucker for alt-skins, love the 1989 Batman outfit and can't wait for the added 60s TV show skins wheeeeee

Jason

The side missions are better than a majority of the main story. Luckily there's plenty of them to complete after the main story is done.

Slumberland

Even clearing garrisons is great fun, the layout and challenge to each is so different.