News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Jason

Nice update. Maybe I'll get around to playing it now.

Jason

I'm 22% through Arkham Knight so far. It's definitely a much different game than the last three with a lot of new gameplay elements, with the biggest being the addition of the Batmobile. I'm enjoying the Batmobile tank battles more than I thought, but there's way too many and from what I've read the biggest majority are in the past quarter of the game.

The graphics are a huge step up from the previous games...it almost makes the older games seem like cartoons. The constant rain was cool looking at first but I wish it would stop once in a while. It also causes some framerate issues when racing through the city in the Batmobile.

The story is pretty intense and definitely not for younger kids which is a bit of a problem since my 4-year old loves the Arkham games and has been anxiously awaiting this one for the past 6 months. What I've been doing is playing the story when he's not around and then I let him just fly, drive and run around the city without completing any missions.

My older son and I have been swapping the disc back and forth. We're both trying to beat the other to the end. What he doesn't realize is that I can just not allow him to borrow my MY game and settle it right there :) . Actually, I needed his help getting past one of the Batmobile boss fights.

Ted

Quote from: Jason on June 24, 2015 @ 09:12:58 PM
.... Actually, I needed his help getting past one of the Batmobile boss fights.

Old!

Jason

Exactly...it doesn't seem like long ago I was helping him get past levels in his Lego Star Wars games. At least my 4-year old still needs my help with games, although he always suggest I get my older son when he sees me struggle with certain parts of games.

Jason

With the exception of the PC version, Arkham Knight may be the first AAA game released this generation without game-breaking bugs at launch. It's sad that this is the exception now.

Jason

Riptide GP2 was quietly released last week for the PS4 (it was released on the Xbone in January) for only $6.99. I enjoyed the game on my tablet but hated not having real controls so it's nice to finally have it on a console. If you're a fan of Splashdown, which I was, you'll enjoy this. It's a jet-ski racing game in futuristic cities with nice graphics and 60fps. Well worth the $7 for some simple and fun racing.

My son just informed me that he completed Arkham Knight. Maybe now I can get the disc away from him and finish it myself.

Slumberland

Hi gents, been a while!

Wish I'd thought of stopping by when in the throes of my Destiny addiction. Hot damn I liked that game. I'm one month Destiny-sober now and will likely not go back... as much fun as I had with it, it felt like jumping from treadmill to treadmill, and my desire to acquire and level blasters and baubles just became unhealthy.

Making my way slowly through Arkham Knight now and liking it a lot. A bit of MLB 15 here and there. Any my little boy (yup) makes me play Meow Meow Up (aka Super Mario 3D World) first thing in the morning before I've had my coffee, which isn't easy.

Jason

Hey, what's up. Congrats on your son. The last time you were here I think your wife was still pregnant.

Welcome to the world of gaming with young kids. My 4-year-old switches from PS2 to Xbox 360 to PS4 all the time. For a while he was playing nothing but PS2. I have a ton of games from my two older kids including Lego Star Wars 1 and 2, Lego Batman, Ninja Turtles, Up and a few different Spider-Man games.

On Xbox 360 he plays the Arkham trilogy, Lego Batman 3, Cars, Transformers, Sonic and now Arkham Knight on the PS4....most times VERY early in the morning.

Like you, I'm also slowly working my way through Arkham Knight and play MLB 15, DriveClub and Project Cars. AC: Unity and Shadow of Mordor are my next two games to beat.

Welcome back...hope you stick around.

Ted

I introduced my 4 year old grandson to Flatout Ultimate Carnage on the 360 last weekend and we've been having a lot of laughs with that.  It's a great racing game for youngsters that don't have the coordination for clean racers.

Jason

Quote from: Ted on July 03, 2015 @ 05:33:48 PM
I introduced my 4 year old grandson to Flatout Ultimate Carnage on the 360 last weekend and we've been having a lot of laughs with that.  It's a great racing game for youngsters that don't have the coordination for clean racers.
I still have that game...I have to let my son try it.

Jason

At 72% of the main story of Arkham Knight. Hoping to complete it within the next two nights.

Jason

With a little help from my son, I finished Arkham Knight last night.

Jason

Quote from: Ted on July 03, 2015 @ 05:33:48 PM

Funny you should mention this game recently: New FlatOut Game Coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC in 2016

Brad Company

Anyone trying Rocket League? It's multi-player, so I'm guessing no. ;D

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on July 09, 2015 @ 09:39:15 PM
Anyone trying Rocket League? It's multi-player, so I'm guessing no. ;D

I'm waiting until they fix the over-heating issue with the PS4 even though there are work-arounds for it: Fix for Overheating