News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Brad Company

Quote from: Jason on May 30, 2015 @ 12:10:29 AM
I don't doubt that Borderlands 2 is a great game, but I'm really not a fan of FPS games. I'm willing to give Destiny a shot because the graphics and environments looks amazing. I'll probably download the 17GB demo this weekend so I can at least get a feel for it.

That's what I did, DL the demo first. If you keep it, I can help you level up your little spaceman.

Jason

I just ordered it but it's temporarily out of stock. Downloaded the demo and played it with my son for a while. I just found out my son has wanted the game for a while so he'll get a lot of use out of it even if I don't.

The movement was pretty smooth and the gameplay seems a little bit slower than other FPS games which I like since it doesn't seem to give me a headache. Of course you see other online players when you're at that first port (or whatever it is) and they're all making their characters dance around like jackasses. I'm curious to see what would happen if I disconnected my PS4 from the Internet before playing...

Brad Company

Quote from: Jason on May 30, 2015 @ 06:30:57 PM
I just ordered it but it's temporarily out of stock. Downloaded the demo and played it with my son for a while. I just found out my son has wanted the game for a while so he'll get a lot of use out of it even if I don't.

The movement was pretty smooth and the gameplay seems a little bit slower than other FPS games which I like since it doesn't seem to give me a headache. Of course you see other online players when you're at that first port (or whatever it is) and they're all making their characters dance around like jackasses. I curious to see what would happen if I disconnected my PS4 from the Internet before playing...

You have to be connected to log into Destiny servers. Embrace the dance.

BDSooner72

Quote from: Brad Company on May 30, 2015 @ 07:27:02 PM
You have to be connected to log into Destiny servers. Embrace the dance.

Never embrace the dance.  Do embrace pushing fireteam members off cliffs.

-1 K for you.

BDSooner72

Well I deserve some negative karma for what I am about to do.  Going to back to Destiny, from scratch, so I can enjoy the second expansion I already paid for.  Did most everything you can in Borderlands 2 and TPS so I traded it in.  Technically making Destiny free, yet I still feel dirty.

So Jason if you are planning on playing this weekend let's go around and shoot stuff.

I should get negative karma each time I promise to never play a game again/sell/trade game, as a reminder that I really should just go all-digital and alleviate the problem all-together. Outside of having to re-download games each time I quit a game and wipe it.  >:D

Jason

Quote from: BDSooner72 on June 04, 2015 @ 09:28:18 PM
So Jason if you are planning on playing this weekend let's go around and shoot stuff.

Sounds good. My copy just arrived today since it was out of stock when I ordered it last week. Was glad to see I didn't have to reinstall the game and download the updates again when I put the disc in. I was just asked if I wanted to use the disc version from now on instead of the version I downloaded.

Brad Company

If you see me on, let's do stuff. Either with my baby Hunter or my lvl 34 Titan.

BDSooner72

Jason, are you planing on playing tonight?  if so let me know as we have not played in awhile. Brad is always on at certain times so he is easy to catch but finding you online is a rarity, since you tend to play offline quite a bit.

Jason

Maybe tonight but definitely tomorrow night. I have to get it back from my son who stole it as soon as he got home from school today.

BDSooner72

Finally go to play the Prison of Elders as a level 26.  It was pretty fun, outside of not knowing what was happening, being dropped into round 2 with a lvl 34 and 30 and still running with mostly rare armor and only one legendary hand cannon.  I held the team back on occasion but was able to figure out what was going on and we eventually beat the final boss. Pretty good loot for a 28 event.  Exotic Shotgun (which I dismantled due to my hatred of shotguns) and a nice little auto rifle.

I think I took more joy out of watching Jason tackle a First Person Shooter than the loot.  ;D

Most of the time I was looking at...

+1 Karma to Jason for giving it the old college try.
+1 Karma to Brad for helping me get through the weekly.

Jason

For the record, I had Brent yelling at me through the headset and my son yelling at me in person....and, I was drinking that night.

Brad Company

I would find the yelling annoying and the drinking helpful, as usual. :))

BDSooner72

Finished all the Wolves content in Destiny and left mostly unsatisfied between the two DLC's.  Now we see $40 for the new batch of content, which may not even include a new planet. That is enough money for you Bungie. Great shooter but you lost me with the "new" story missions that just have you traversing backwards through the same stuff. Bad enough you had a strike on the previous DLC do this but the whole story mode?

Moving on to Elder Scrolls Online which is downloading now. 

BDSooner72

Once I finally got to log into Elder Scrolls Online so many Skyrim memories came back to me. Combat is pretty much Skyrim, same goes for the GUI, etc, etc. The Map is larger than Skyrim and Oblivion combined and I barely scratched the surface of the first town (Daggerfall). Towns really bog down the framerate with all of the people running around in one place, especially on day one but it settled back down once you made you way out of the city.  Getting to travel to all the different areas of Tamriel is the selling point for me. With thousands of quests, all that can be done by yourself and a map this large, I will be kept busy for some time.  Great game to get me through the Summer of no new releases for me.

BDSooner72

Patch for Super Mega Baseball

http://www.pastapadre.com/2015/06/08/patch-available-now-for-super-mega-baseball

Ego customization: Ego can now be set independently for each of batting, pitching, fielding and baserunning

That was one of the biggest requests most people had.