News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

BDSooner72

Some say it is less difficult than Dark Souls but you could have fooled me. Loving the combat so far, outside of the constant dying. Everything is hard in this game.  From starting the game and figuring out what on earth you are doing, to figuring out what those crazy notes plastered everywhere are (and then rating them with no explanation whatsoever). I had to use a FAQ to figure out how to get back to the main menu for cripes sake.  Apparently I am far from the only one to do that. It is a bit overwhelming but the tenseness of combat is second to none. Here comes another bad dude, no checkpoint in sight and I have little health and no recovery options.  Fail and you gotta go through every baddy again, just to recover your blood booty (forget what it is called, Echos?  It used to be Souls.), taken away on your death. Sure, you can still cower back to the last checkpoint with your blood booty in tact to head back to the central point to buy some healing goodies but those same enemies await and that blood booty will never be safe.

Brad Company

I've been advised not to play it, due to my 'temperament" >:D

BDSooner72

Jason

Never played the first two but that looks really good. I'd definitely consider that.

Right now my next 3 purchases will be The Golf Club: Collector's Edition, Project Cars and Batman: Arkham Knight.

Ted

Have returned to Kerbal Space Program since it reached full release 1.0 this week.

Trying to complete some games on the backlog:

Still working my way through Metro 2033 (I'm just now facing the Librarians)

Have started Mass Effect (1) for the 6th or 7th time and I think I'm done.  I just can't get into this game.  I hate the dialog.  I hate the combat.  I wanted to see the story because of the critical acclaim, but I just cannot get the feel on this one.  Maybe I'll just watch a youtube of all the cut scenes like a movie.

Now that baseball season is here thinking of getting back into my MLB 14 The Show franchise.  Is 15 really that much of an upgrade because it doesn't seem to be and my biggest gripe was the frame rate drop during batter walk ups and such and that doesn't seem to have been fixed.

Jason

Ted, I wouldn't recommend MLB 15 at this point. You're better off sticking with 14 for now.

Brad Company

Quote from: Ted on April 29, 2015 @ 10:43:24 AM
Have returned to Kerbal Space Program since it reached full release 1.0 this week.

Trying to complete some games on the backlog:

Still working my way through Metro 2033 (I'm just now facing the Librarians)

Have started Mass Effect (1) for the 6th or 7th time and I think I'm done.  I just can't get into this game.  I hate the dialog.  I hate the combat.  I wanted to see the story because of the critical acclaim, but I just cannot get the feel on this one.  Maybe I'll just watch a youtube of all the cut scenes like a movie.

Now that baseball season is here thinking of getting back into my MLB 14 The Show franchise.  Is 15 really that much of an upgrade because it doesn't seem to be and my biggest gripe was the frame rate drop during batter walk ups and such and that doesn't seem to have been fixed.

Did you play ME 2 or 3? I've got them, and have yet to play either.

Ted

Quote from: Brad Company on April 29, 2015 @ 03:44:33 PM

Did you play ME 2 or 3? I've got them, and have yet to play either.

I can't even get past the Citadel in 1.  I have 2 and 3 in the library and have never opened them.

Forgot to mention doing the same with Witcher 1.  I've never gotten half way in that game.  Same problems....shitty voice acting, atrocious combat.

Brad Company

Well, 2 and 3 are supposed to be much better than 1...hence me skipping 1 entirely.
The first Assassins Creed isn't so hot, either, evidently.

BDSooner72

Bloodborne can bite me.  Man do I suck at that game.  Trading it in tonight for the disc version of The Golf Club. Already have the digital but really want to support the dev team for all the stuff they have added for free, post-release.  Plus I will not have to wait until mid-May to play the season mode and the tropical theme.

Jason

I just purchased the digital version of The Golf Club yesterday since the price dropped $5. Unfortunately I had surgery on my elbow on Monday and don't have much use of my left arm and hand to play it though.

BDSooner72

What happened to your elbow? 

Jason

I had a compressed nerve that needed to be moved and had some of the bone shaved...fun stuff.

Brad Company

Hopefully not your strokin arm. :))

Jason