News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

BDSooner72

For those who survived during the great Lizard blackout over Christmas.  You have three days (starting today) to use your 10% discount. Can only be used on existing games, no pre-orders. Will be added when you buy something. Also your five free days will be added to your PSN membership.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/19/psn-members-get-one-time-10-ps-store-discount-this-weekend/

Jason

Was able to score a copy of WWE 2k15 for $39.99 this morning from Amazon. Now I'm all set with my sports/racing games for a while. Next purchase will be Shadow of Mordor.

Ted

Quote from: Jason on January 23, 2015 @ 09:27:25 AM
...... Next purchase will be Shadow of Mordor.

My GOTY hands down.

BDSooner72

Hopefully we can get some Drive Club and NHL in this weekend. Installing Drive Club right now but with the 5.87gb patch, I am just going to let it run while I drive to Kansas to pick up some stuff at Wallyworld. 

Jason

Quote from: Ted on January 23, 2015 @ 02:50:38 PM
Quote from: Jason on January 23, 2015 @ 09:27:25 AM
...... Next purchase will be Shadow of Mordor.

My GOTY hands down.

It was on sale for $32 two days ago. I can kick myself for passing it up.

Jason

Quote from: BDSooner72 on January 23, 2015 @ 06:29:14 PM
Hopefully we can get some Drive Club and NHL in this weekend. Installing Drive Club right now but with the 5.87gb patch, I am just going to let it run while I drive to Kansas to pick up some stuff at Wallyworld. 

My wife is out tonight so I should be on sometime after 9pm.

Jason

Just purchased the Red Line expansion pack for Driveclub and Shadow of Mordor from the Playstation store with the 5% discount. I love how Sony makes money on their "gift" to their customers.

Brad Company

Once the new car smell wears off, what's the verdict on DC?

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on January 24, 2015 @ 01:13:15 PM
Once the new car smell wears off, what's the verdict on DC?

It's honestly one the best looking driving games around. The gameplay is very good and the weather effects are insane. It's been so well supported by the developer with more updates and free add-ons coming. There's visual damage, but it doesn't seem to affect your car, so this could be a deal breaker for some. I still would not call it an arcade racer though as the actual driving model and locations are very realistic.

All the launch issues have also been fixed so at $40 it's a steal.

Here's a video comparing Forza on Xbox One to DriveClub PS4:

DriveClub (PS4) vs. Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox One) Gameplay Graphics Comparison Video Review

Forza is a bit more colorful and cartoony while DC is more realistic looking.

Jason

Let me just add that you're more than welcome to do share play with my copy if you're on the fence and want to try it out for yourself.

Jason

Brad Company

@BD; you still playing Diablo3?

BDSooner72

Quote from: Brad Company on January 25, 2015 @ 10:16:38 AM

Funny story, that I told to Jason yesterday.  The guy who I traded it to was caught by his wife playing it, who is pretty heavy into the whole Church and Bible stuff. Kinda set her off seeing him and their son playing a game called Diablo. So yeah, I am back to that which addicts me the most, that loot and grind.  So forget all that not playing Dying Light/Borderlands comment. Pretty sure I would have caved by the end of the week anyway. No plans to re-purchase Destiny though. Just no way I can grind through that story again.

You would know this if you answered my party invites. We just wanted to shoot the shit with you while you were playing Destiny.  ;D

Brad Company

Quote from: BDSooner72 on January 25, 2015 @ 10:26:44 AM
Quote from: Brad Company on January 25, 2015 @ 10:16:38 AM

Funny story, that I told to Jason yesterday.  The guy who I traded it to was caught by his wife playing it, who is pretty heavy into the whole Church and Bible stuff. Kinda set her off seeing him and their son playing a game called Diablo. So yeah, I am back to that which addicts me the most, that loot and grind.  So forget all that not playing Dying Light/Borderlands comment. Pretty sure I would have caved by the end of the week anyway. No plans to re-purchase Destiny though. Just no way I can grind through that story again.

You would know this if you answered my party invites. We just wanted to shoot the shit with you while you were playing Destiny.  ;D

I figured, but I was partied with some dudes from Den Kirson forums, and they were chatting up a storm. ;D
Quite a few play Destiny heavily, and have gone off CoD quite a bit.

Jason

Free Icona Vulcano DLC for DriveClub releases tomorrow (1/27):

DRIVECLUB | Icona Vulcano (Free Download) Gameplay