News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Jason

Brent, you were right about the painful load times, but once the game starts there's no load time at all including in between innings, so it's not as bad as I thought. I do have to say that I thought the game may have froze up the first time I fired it up because it took so long before anything happened. It's a nice looking game, but what surprised me the most is how faithful the Vita version is in both graphics and gameplay.

BDSooner72

They need to hurry up and get the Driveclub PS+ free version out soon. I want to give this a shot. Windshield wipers have never been so realistic. Notice the wind/direction changes how the rain moves by the wiper.  We are supposed to be getting India but they better have the weather included.

DRIVECLUB - McLaren P1 through Indian Rain

Brad Company

I think the weather stuff is in the latest patch(?) Would probably be included in the + version, then if so.
I'm getting more skeptical that there will be a + version, though.
The game is getting a lot of good buzz from the people who are actually playing it, as opposed to metacritic.

Jason

I've been waiting on this too. I think they'd get a lot of bad publicity is they backed out from releasing the PS+ version, but I can see them stripping it of almost any useful features and basically turning it into a glorified demo.

BDSooner72

Diablo 3 is really hitting my OCD hard. So many things to compare as to what makes for the best weapon/armor/misc that I am spending way to much time in the inventory. I long for the day when you could just use a base number and be right most of the time. Already level 33 and I still have a legendary level 14 weapon that is still better than anything I have come across. Should have payed more attention in math class.  :P

Brad Company

See that there's a new patch for Diablo too. $30 used on Amazon...gonna go give some Plasma, brb.

BDSooner72

Quote from: Brad Company on January 13, 2015 @ 08:33:33 PM
See that there's a new patch for Diablo too. $30 used on Amazon...gonna go give some Plasma, brb.

Don't forget that extra Kidney.  ;)

Already have the Destiny monkey on my back. Not to mention Dying Light coming at the end of the month. My neighbor wants this and has a $25 Sonic gift card and two free car washes (which he owns) for trade.  Tempting.  Especially with all the TV shows I still need to catch up on and the sports games I have barely played.

Brad Company

I've got some Arbys coupons and a receipt for one free car wash...

Jason

BDSooner72

Quote from: Brad Company on January 14, 2015 @ 12:15:52 PM
I've got some Arbys coupons and a receipt for one free car wash...

:))   If only we had a Arbys here.  Eating two Sonic chicken sandwiches and waiting for a warm day to wash the truck.

BDSooner72

Just as I kick the Diablo monkey off the first DLC arrives for Laura Croft and the Temple of Oris.   :))  I will say that if you enjoyed Guardians of Light on the last gen consoles, give it a shot. More of the same with 4 player co-op and challenges. The single player puzzles are dumbed down compared to multiplayer but it gives a fair challenge and beating all the objectives is no easy task.

Jason

Brent, you were right about Pure Pool and Super Mega Baseball but I'm going to have to strongly disagree with your opinion to pass on The Show 14. I have been pleasantly surprised by this game and would be even more impressed if I wasn't already familiar with the gameplay from my Vita version. What the PS4 version adds, besides much better graphics, is the atmosphere. Playing on a big-screen TV helps but the Vita doesn't have a lot of small presentation features shown in between innings, at-bats and even pitches.

Playing this game with my headphones on almost makes me feel like it's springtime and I'm at the stadium in person. Top that off with excellent gameplay and this game is a steal for the $20 I paid for it. It'll be interesting to see how they top it in a few months (not including the better load times, which really don't seem to bother me anymore).

BDSooner72

And I agree with your right to disagree, though I also still strongly disagree about MLB.  But that's just me, you see.  ;)

Jason

Quote from: BDSooner72 on January 16, 2015 @ 07:47:28 PM
And I agree with your right to disagree, though I also still strongly disagree about MLB.  But that's just me, you see.  ;)

Thank you Dr. Seuss :)

Target is going to have Madden 15 on sale for $39.99 starting on 1/25 so I'm going to have my copy in time for the Super Bowl. I'm guessing some other places will match that sale.

BDSooner72

While I am greatly enjoying Super Mega Baseball there seems to be a mystical force in the season mode.  On 30 ego I can blow anyone out in most games during the season and every exhibition I have played at that or a lower rating. Yet every once in awhile I have run into a season game where it is bound and determine to do one of two things. A low scoring game that goes into extra innings or a defeat, by more than a few runs.  In these games I play no differently and in many cases the loss or close game is to a really bad team (standings wise).  It feels forced on you as hits that come naturally now end up in a whiff or goes right to a fielder. Hits that normally go through the gaps in the outfield are caught and pitches you throw well and with a high number get ripped.  It has happened a few times and it also seems like my individual players ego's dropped really fast, making everything much more difficult. Most games my egos are fairly steady and since I am winning big, usually go up or stay even. When one of these games hits, most of my players individual egos drop fast. A bad inning where you give up a few hits or one poor at bat and they go into a funk that would require a doctors visit and Xanax to get out of.

The crazy part is I kinda like it. You can move the ego up to keep making the game more difficult, as I plan to go up to 50 in my next season but even then I can see this happening. It is like they have programmed in, "You are gonna have one of those days where you seem to be fighting ever pitch and at-bat."  My last game was a 5-1 win in 15 innings. All of my players egos were at the bottom rung. In my mind I never though the game would end, outside of losing on a home run. Every at bat was a struggle just to get the timing right that normal comes naturally and hardly anything, outside a really long foul ball, was making it out of the infield. Just got really lucky that they were down to their final pitcher and he was done for. The individual egos and their constant reminder, as they are always shown on the screen for pitchers and batters, must have some affect on me. It could be a placebo effect but I still think the programmers of the game have a little on/off switch to bring you back down to earth after running off a few double digit wins.