News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Jason

Just got it all set up, started playing NFS: Rivals and the power went out. WTF!!!

Sent from my SGH-T599 using Tapatalk

Ted

LOL.  Oh god that's classic.  Couldn't have been scripted better.  Of course this never happens to a hate spewing online random jerk.  The gaming god's decide to pick on a nice guy.

Jason

We never have power outages either but Jersey Central Power got us back up and running. I was more worried about heat since it's a frigid 8 degrees here right now.

Was pleasantly surprised by the $10 Playstation store credit code included with my PS4 and will probably buy Super Mega Baseball tonight. I guess the discounts for PSN members aren't for all games?

Am I able to download the free PSN games from previously months? I wanted to download Injustice for my son but it keeps coming up as $29.99 when I try downloading it.

Brad Company

When a game is free on Plus, you need to "buy" it and start the download. If you don't want to play it right away, you can then cancel the d/l and the game shows up as purchased for good.
So you need to "claim" the game, even if you're not going to play it anytime soon. If you(or your son) already had Plus, you could have stockpiled rights to any or all of the free games, even before having a PS4. If you let Plus lapse, you can't play the games, but they remain in your Library and re-activate when you go back on Plus.

Plus discounts are usually on stuff already on sale. Check the PS blog or the Store, weekly to see what's what.

Jason

Gotcha. I do the same thing Amazon's Android Free-App-Of-The-Day. I "buy" it when it's free even if I don't download or use it, but it's available to me forever as I long I got it while it was free. I thought PSN let you play all the free games all the time since you don't really own them - you lose access to them if your PSN+ subscription is not renewed.

Jason

I ended up buying Super Mega Baseball and Pure Pool tonight. I have MLB 14 and NBA 2K15 coming Monday. Just need Madden and NHL to go on sale.

Sent from my SGH-T599 using Tapatalk

BDSooner72

I ended up playing Super Mega Baseball for a couple hours last night. This is the most fun I have had with a baseball game since the NES games.  There are some issues, mainly the lack of fielding but the pitching is simply the best setup I have ever used.

Jason

Really enjoying the NHL demo. I know the full game is missing a ton of features but the gameplay is awesome. As long as it has basic online play and a season/GM mode, I'm fine with it. Just waiting for it to drop back down to at least $40 again.

Brad Company

If you wanna play the Show sometime, hit me up.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on January 10, 2015 @ 04:14:13 PM

Sure. How does it play online?

Ted

Quote from: Brad Company on January 10, 2015 @ 04:14:13 PM

Same here.  Either of you guys.

Jason

Ted, what's your PSN name? Just realized you're not on my friends list.

Jason

My copies of The Show and NBA 2K15 showed up this morning from Amazon!!! Love those surprise Sunday deliveries.

On a side note, Super Mega Baseball is great to play using remote play on the Vita since you don't have to use the L2 and R2 buttons.

Brad Company

There are some great historic roster sets in the Vault for the Show.

Ted

Quote from: Jason on January 10, 2015 @ 10:20:16 PM
Ted, what's your PSN name? Just realized you're not on my friends list.

Hammerzeit40