News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Jason

In regards to Destiny:

Can I play single-player offline if I don't have PS+? I've read that even the offline game interacts with online people but would that still happen if I didn't have PS+?

Jason

Quote from: Jason on January 07, 2015 @ 09:32:49 AM
In regards to Destiny:

Can I play single-player offline if I don't have PS+? I've read that even the offline game interacts with online people but would that still happen if I didn't have PS+?

Amazon finally had MLB 14 available for sale again this morning for $20 so I ordered it.

BDSooner72

You do not have to own PSN+ to play the story and free roam, though you do have to be online.  What you would be locked out of are Strikes, Raids, the Crucible (PvP) where matchmaking is required.  Even w/o PSN+ there will still be some interaction with other players.  Public events will pop up that you can join in with other players and you will have other players fighting around you when you are in open areas (patrolling planets, gaps in-between sections of a story).

Also Destiny comes with a one month trial of PSN+.  It did when I bought it and looks to still be available. So there is another bonus for purchasing Destiny.

BDSooner72

Quote from: Jason on January 07, 2015 @ 09:41:29 AM
In regards to Destiny:

Amazon finally had MLB 14 available for sale again this morning for $20 so I ordered it.

You answered your question with a purchase?  ;D     

Jason

That's how I roll...

Just need a price drop on Madden now.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on January 07, 2015 @ 07:26:15 AM
Pinball Arcade should also be on your radar.

I almost bought that for the Vita a while back and I think it's cross-buy. I'll have to take a look at it again.

Brad Company

In regards to Destiny:

Free games and discounts makes Plus a no-brainer. Nearly every game requires it for multi-player.

Jason

I plan on getting it, just not immediately.

My PS4 shipped via UPS today. The tracking number isn't showing up yet but I hope it arrives before the weekend.

Jason

Just realized Destiny is first-person only. I could have sworn it had a third-person view in it. I'm still considering it but that put a damper on my excitement for it.

BDSooner72

Quote from: Jason on January 07, 2015 @ 07:15:13 PM
Just realized Destiny is first-person only. I could have sworn it had a third-person view in it. I'm still considering it but that put a damper on my excitement for it.

I used to avoid FPS due the headaches but ever since Borderlands 2 it has not bothered me and I have played quite a few since. 

Speaking of Destiny, they finally got around to passing out their Christmas   New Years  First Week of January gift. A random legendary weapon.  Pretty useless for those who are leveled up (just hit 31 myself) but a great deal for those just finishing up the story and nearing or just over Lvl 20.

BDSooner72

Just a heads up, Sony has released a new theme.  Make sure and download it as it gives you a chance to win a one year PSN+ membership. 

Brad Company

Quote from: BDSooner72 on January 08, 2015 @ 08:17:25 AM
Just a heads up, Sony has released a new theme.  Make sure and download it as it gives you a chance to win a one year PSN+ membership.

I like it...but I also liked the 20th ann. with the PS1 boot-up sound.

Jason

Quote from: Jason on January 07, 2015 @ 03:00:30 PM
My PS4 shipped via UPS today. The tracking number isn't showing up yet but I hope it arrives before the weekend.

Holy crap - still no info from UPS:

The shipment has been processed by the sender. Once the shipment is within the UPS network, an expected delivery date will be made available.

Jason

Quote from: Jason on January 08, 2015 @ 02:01:14 PM
Quote from: Jason on January 07, 2015 @ 03:00:30 PM

Holy crap - still no info from UPS:

The shipment has been processed by the sender. Once the shipment is within the UPS network, an expected delivery date will be made available.

Finally!!!

Scheduled Delivery:
    Friday, 01/09/2015, By End of Day

Ted

Just in time for the weekend!