News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

BDSooner72

Jason

I'm now the proud owner of a PS4. I went with the base system and free headset from Target and saved $20 ($379.99 + free shipping) by applying for and paying with a Target store card. Hopefully it arrives soon.

Jason

Quote from: Jason on January 06, 2015 @ 07:34:05 PM
I'm now the proud owner of a PS4. I went with the base system and free headset from Target and saved $20 ($379.99 + free shipping) by applying for and paying with a Target store card. Hopefully it arrives soon.

Here are the games I'll be purchasing over the next few months (in no particular order): Madden 15, MLB 14 & 15, NBA 2K15, NHL 15, UFC, WWE 2K15, Driveclub and possibly Destiny.

Brad Company

Quote from: Jason on January 06, 2015 @ 09:08:19 PM
Quote from: Jason on January 06, 2015 @ 07:34:05 PM

Here are the games I'll be purchasing over the next few months (in no particular order): Madden 15, MLB 14 & 15, NBA 2K15, NHL 15, UFC, WWE 2K15, Driveclub and possibly Destiny.

Congrats!
P.S. That's a LOT of wack-azz sports titles 8) ;D ;)

BDSooner72

A couple digital sports titles to consider.  You already know about that other baseball game.

Pure Pool
The Golf Club

NHL 15 is not a bad game, but far too much is left out or untouched from last gen. I have it but recommend finding it as cheap as possible, preferably used so the sale does not go to EA.  This should have never been a $59.99 game, even with the improvements.

Anyway, congrats on the PS4.

BDSooner72

Quote from: Brad Company on January 06, 2015 @ 09:53:47 PMP.S. That's a LOT of wack-azz sports titles 8) ;D ;)

I just bought Diablo III (Ultimate Time Sucking Edition) for the PS4. Between that and Destiny, I could legally be referred to as a crack addict and my sports games the neglected kids.

Jason

Yes, I'd definitely consider The Golf Club...heard a lot of good things about it. As far as NHL, I won't buy it until it drops to $30. Ted has actually gotten me pretty excited about Madden. I also have my son's games to play...NFS: Rivals, BF4, COD, Killzone and GTA 5.

Jason

Forgot to add Shadow of Mordor and AC: Unity to my list.

BDSooner72

Best part of The Golf Club is how much they are supporting the game for free. Adding modes and features.  They should also have a career mode coming later this year.  EA on the other hand will have us playing Golf on the Call of Duty set to cater to a wider audience. The same audience that generally buys one golf game per console cycle.

Jason

How much is it and is it digital-only?

BDSooner72

Jason

Quote from: BDSooner72 on January 06, 2015 @ 10:44:29 PM
$34.99 and digital only.

That's pretty steep. Was just browsing the the Sony store and there's no deals on discounts on any of the big-name titles I'm interested in. Kinda sucks and I'm less resistant towards digital downloads now.

Brad Company

Quote from: BDSooner72 on January 06, 2015 @ 10:23:25 PM
Quote from: Brad Company on January 06, 2015 @ 09:53:47 PMP.S. That's a LOT of wack-azz sports titles 8) ;D ;)

I just bought Diablo III (Ultimate Time Sucking Edition) for the PS4. Between that and Destiny, I could legally be referred to as a crack addict and my sports games the neglected kids.

How you likin' it? It was between that and Destiny for me. Still interested, but I've read the online is hacked up.

Brad Company

Quote from: Jason on January 06, 2015 @ 10:28:38 PM
Forgot to add Shadow of Mordor and AC: Unity to my list.

Pinball Arcade should also be on your radar.

BDSooner72

Quote from: Brad Company on January 07, 2015 @ 07:24:45 AM
How you likin' it? It was between that and Destiny for me. Still interested, but I've read the online is hacked up.

Played it a couple hours. It will be a fun game to pop in every now and them but honestly I prefer a twin stick control for this type of game. Just finished beating Laura Croft: Guardian of Light, so I miss the twin sticks and puzzles.  Playing as the Demon Hunter (Ranged Weapons and Traps) played fairly close to what you do in LC: GOL.  Of course when the action gets heavy and I had 5 fat snake infested enemies surrounding me it was a lot of rolling around just to get enough time and distance to do some damage. Just going to take some time getting used to it and remembering to use the buttons a bit more. Tons of loot and I do love my loot.