News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Ted

Got my PS4 in Oregon last night.  Didn't buy any games.  Got it set up at the hotel and got my PS+ subscription started.  Will probably hit a gamestop on the way home and pick up Madden 15 and The Show 14 before getting on the ferry.

Jason

Congrats on your purchase. Let me know what you think of Madden and The Show.

BDSooner72

Congrats on the PS4.  Suggest buying a charger as the controller battery life is really short, especially if you use a headset. 

This is the one I have.

http://www.amazon.com/PDP-Energizer-Charging-Station-PS4-PlayStation/dp/B00EADTVL2

Jason

I like that...I just added it to my shopping cart.

GB_Simo

Got the DriveClub PS4 bundle for Christmas. Haven't spent massive amounts of time with it but what I've played has been fun, reminiscent of a slightly grippier PGR4, and it looks absolutely spectacular. The online component also seems to work now, so the experience is closer to the one Evolution wanted to deliver at launch.

The good lady - sorry: Santa - also brought me Pro Evo 2015, which is as close to a proper representation of football as Konami have come since PES5.

I am very, very aware that I should have started by introducing myself...hope you're all keeping well, fellas.
Writing about racing cars, again: petrolheadblogger.wordpress.com

Brad Company

Yeah, looks like Driveclub is pretty much fixed. I'll get that at some point. Good to hear about PES...I actually like 14 on PS3(caveat:non-knowledgeable about soccer 'Murican here).

Jason

What's up Adam? Good to see you around these parts again.

I'm really thinking of jumping the gun and buying my PS4 this week. Target still has the free game voucher deal along with the Sony Silver PS4 headset included for free. The free headset is a big deal to me since I always have to keep the volume down at night when I'm playing and it supports 7.1 virtual surround sound. My local Target still has "Limited Availability" so I don't don't want to miss out on this deal.

BDSooner72

It is time to bring back our rivalry.   >:D

Brad, hope you have been playing some Destiny.  Just leveled up to 28 and need someone to help me with the future Nightfalls and Weekly Heroics.

Brad Company

Quote from: Jason on January 05, 2015 @ 07:12:28 PM
What's up Adam? Good to see you around these parts again.

I'm really thinking of jumping the gun and buying my PS4 this week. Target still has the free game voucher deal along with the Sony Silver PS4 headset included for free. The free headset is a big deal to me since I always have to keep the volume down at night when I'm playing and it supports 7.1 virtual surround sound. My local Target still has "Limited Availability" so I don't don't want to miss out on this deal.

If you hadn't been using a headset before, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised how much you like it. Get Destiny as your pick 4 game, not some wack-ass sports title, lol. ;D

BDSooner72

Quote from: Brad Company on January 06, 2015 @ 07:22:30 AMGet Destiny as your pick 4 game, not some wack-ass sports title, lol. ;D

I rarely touch PVP but if Jason was to get Destiny, it would be worth playing just to relish in the beatdowns.  Always wanted to see a grown man wake up his family after screaming in the agony of defeat.

Jason

So I went to Target today to buy the PS4 bundle with the free game voucher and headset (http://www.target.com/p/500gb-playstation-4-with-free-game-voucher/-/A-16721772#prodSlot=medium_1_4&term=playstation+4) since it's out of stock online and doesn't allow Ship-To-Store from the web site, but did show "Limited Availability" at my local Target.

When I got there I saw that they had one console left with the included free game voucher but no headsets (which were supposed to be in-stock according to the web site). They also said the free headset was "online only" and couldn't include it for free even if it was available. Needless to say I was pretty annoyed and left with nothing.

I guess I'll just wait until the next sale.

Brad Company

Would Wal-Mart match the deal? If you show them that the stuff is on-sale and "in stock" they should match.

BDSooner72

That sucks. With MS raising the price back up to $399, you might not see any good deals until E3 or later.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on January 06, 2015 @ 05:28:59 PM
Would Wal-Mart match the deal? If you show them that the stuff is on-sale and "in stock" they should match.

My local Walmart is the only other place that even has the PS4 with free game voucher in stock right now. I may just buy it from them tomorrow and not worry about the headset. I did learn that you can plug in a standard headset into the PS4 controller and get stereo sound through there, so that's better than playing with almost no volume on the TV. That also eliminates the need for a headphone cable to be connected directly to the console.

Jason

Quote from: Jason on January 06, 2015 @ 06:12:11 PM
Quote from: Brad Company on January 06, 2015 @ 05:28:59 PM

My local Walmart is the only other place that even has the PS4 with free game voucher in stock right now. I may just buy it from them tomorrow and not worry about the headset. I did learn that you can plug in a standard headset into the PS4 controller and get stereo sound through there, so that's better than playing with almost no volume on the TV. That also eliminates the need for a headphone cable to be connected directly to the console.

My other option is to order the base system with no free game voucher but get the headset for free. I can order it from Target online and have it shipped for free. I can also apply for a Target store card and get an addition 5% off the purchase. I'm leaning that way now.